• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Cleveland Cavs vs Toronto Raptors

Who wins? How many games?

• Cavs in 5 or less.

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Raptors in 5 or less.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Cavs in 6 or 7.

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Raptors in 6 or 7.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Potato Salad.

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are we turning this thread into a heat discussion again?

i asked your buddy that same thing and his response was- "well the series hasnt started yet".

I hardly think me posting 1 (what I though funny )Dion instagram DAYS before the series started was turning this thread into a Heat discussion.

@trojanfan12 got it right as to who took it in that direction.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at the heat discussion being on Shane. All he did was respond to Turnup's post.

I don't really care, though, you guys can talk about whatever you want.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at the heat discussion being on Shane. All he did was respond to Turnup's post.

I don't really care, though, you guys can talk about whatever you want.
lol, seriously- you expect anything any different though?

im kinda nervous about tonight.....esp. the first half. The Cavs need to come out running and swinging and use the rest to their advantage. If they try and "feel their way" into this game at the beginning they will be down at half.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs in 5.

The Raptors did not impress me at all against the Bucks. Their defense wasn't great, their offense wasn't great, and even though they put it together at the end, I don't feel confident about their team.

The Cavs just have too much fire power for the Raptors. The Raptors are very perimeter oriented in terms of their scoring, so it favors the Cavs.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players watched the Raptors' Game 6 win over the Milwaukee Bucks at a steakhouse Thursday night -- Cavs general manager David Griffin picked up the tab -- while Cavs coach Tyronn Lue hosted close to 100 team employees at his house for a viewing party complete with catering and valet car service.

"I just like the adversity of the road. Home cooking is great, love the home fans for 14 years. But I love playing out on the road more than I love playing at home. It's just a weird thing. I love the adversity, I love the, 'Tonight is not the night' LeBron slogans. I love the 'You're overrated' and all those things. I like all that. I don't know man. It's the bunker mentality of knowing it's 15 guys plus the coaching staff and whoever there that's traveled with us against the whole state and the whole city."

LeBron James
James will look to extend his personal NBA record of 27 series with winning a road game when the series shifts to Toronto for Game 3. His teams have won a road game in 35 of the 38 playoff series he's played in his career.

Based on that track record, does James view every series he plays in as his team holding an automatic 1-0 lead considering that guaranteed road win that's coming?

"No built-in advantage," James said. "Doesn't mean I'm going to be able to win a road game in this series. Just play the game. For me, I just go out and try to win every game and do whatever it takes to help our team be successful. (We are) going to a hostile building in Game 3 and Game 4 (at the Air Canada Centre) and we know that. Their fans are unbelievable. I stated that last year after we closed that series out. Doesn't mean we're going to be able to win this year. We've got to go out and make it happen. We have to worry about Game 1 first."
Hmmmm....I'm sure this explains the losing road record. TEEHEE

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any more of a helpless feeling than facing a well-rested LeBron James?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any more of a helpless feeling than facing a well-rested LeBron James?

Having to root for a team that has Vlade as your GM?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs in 5.

The Raptors did not impress me at all against the Bucks. Their defense wasn't great, their offense wasn't great, and even though they put it together at the end, I don't feel confident about their team.

The Cavs just have too much fire power for the Raptors. The Raptors are very perimeter oriented in terms of their scoring, so it favors the Cavs.
if the Cavs take it seriously- and JR and Love play some solid ball it should be Cavs in 5.

I dunno though- we shall see. JR and Love need to play better ball than they did in round 1.

Last year Valunciunas was hurt, Carroll was knicked up, and they diddnt have Ibaka and Tucker....they are improved from last year.

Itll be a good test for the Cavs. This is the only team i n the East that even has a punchers chance of beating them. Boston and the Wiz have the CHANCE to make life hard- but icouldnt see either one winning a series....the Raptors have the pieces to do so--- but they would have to play amazing, Casey would have to coach a GREAT series, they would need to hit at least 37% from 3 for the series, and numerous Cavs would have to have sub-par series.

Its not 100% impossible that the Raptors win.

If they play this series 20 times I think the Raptors win it once or twice.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Cavs take it seriously- and JR and Love play some solid ball it should be Cavs in 5.

I dunno though- we shall see. JR and Love need to play better ball than they did in round 1.

Last year Valunciunas was hurt, Carroll was knicked up, and they diddnt have Ibaka and Tucker....they are improved from last year.

Itll be a good test for the Cavs. This is the only team i n the East that even has a punchers chance of beating them. Boston and the Wiz have the CHANCE to make life hard- but icouldnt see either one winning a series....the Raptors have the pieces to do so--- but they would have to play amazing, Casey would have to coach a GREAT series, they would need to hit at least 37% from 3 for the series, and numerous Cavs would have to have sub-par series.

I really like the additions of Ibaka and Tucker, but there is still a real imbalance, IMO, on the Raptors team in terms of what they try to accomplish offensively. I like a lot of their players individually, but for some reason there's not nearly as much cohesion as you would think. I can't really put my finger on why, and maybe it's because I don't catch too many Raptors games in general.

The problem for the Cavs will just be tightening up the dribble penetration defense. If they're able to do that, they should have no problem beating the Raps in 5.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Juice better win this series, can't imagine having to watch the Jiz/Celtshits/cRaps get absolutely besmirched the Golden Showers, would be the worst finals in history.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So once or twice out of 20 is 5 or 10 % or (10-1, 20-1).
Why won't you bet me at 4-1?
I don't think I'll win, but I'll do it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the additions of Ibaka and Tucker, but there is still a real imbalance, IMO, on the Raptors team in terms of what they try to accomplish offensively. I like a lot of their players individually, but for some reason there's not nearly as much cohesion as you would think. I can't really put my finger on why, and maybe it's because I don't catch too many Raptors games in general.

The problem for the Cavs will just be tightening up the dribble penetration defense. If they're able to do that, they should have no problem beating the Raps in 5.
Raptors offense is to half-court oriented....very few easy baskets...a lot of iso.

If they moved the ball and hit 3's they would have a shot...but its just not their style. Lowry hasnt looked great either yet.

Cavs need JR to step up offensively. I actually thought he did a pretty decent job on PG in the Indiana series- esp. after Game 1 but they need him to hit 3's and be aguy the other team has to have a guy on. If they can sag off Smith life gets tougher.

the rebounding i think will be the biggest thing to watch in this series.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raptors offense is to half-court oriented....very few easy baskets...a lot of iso.

If they moved the ball and hit 3's they would have a shot...but its just not their style. Lowry hasnt looked great either yet.

Cavs need JR to step up offensively. I actually thought he did a pretty decent job on PG in the Indiana series- esp. after Game 1 but they need him to hit 3's and be aguy the other team has to have a guy on. If they can sag off Smith life gets tougher.

the rebounding i think will be the biggest thing to watch in this series.

Yeah that's why I said preventing dribble penetration will be key. If you prevent them from doing the drive and kicks, it'll bog down their offense a lot. I see the Cavs getting away with a few easy wins here. Raptors may steal a game somewhere, where Derozan or Lowry just go off.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? The Cavs could lose their GM? We need answers, Wiggy!!!!!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs have been off for 8 days.....the Raps take game 1.

The Cavs win in 7 games....