• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Cleveland Cavs vs Toronto Raptors

Who wins? How many games?

• Cavs in 5 or less.

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Raptors in 5 or less.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Cavs in 6 or 7.

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Raptors in 6 or 7.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Potato Salad.

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. With all of the rumors about him wanting to be a Laker, maybe they won't have to give up as much? I'd be good with the top 3 pick (assuming they keep it) and one of the young guys not named Brandon Ingram.
So time for Magic to work his "magic"??? :heh:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does a fraud prevention tactic like a fraud alert work against the one person that knows everything about you? LOL
We figured it's the only option to prevent it from happening again. I am just so disgusted in my sister. Your parents are the people you should be able to trust the most. I hate that my nieces don't have that.

Yeah, that sucks. At least she has you and your sister to trust which is good.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting with the lottery selection (where he'll be the Lakers representative).
I am hoping this move with bringing Magic into the organization is just what this team needs. I'm looking forward to him making great business decisions.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping this move with bringing Magic into the organization is just what this team needs. I'm looking forward to him making great business decisions.

So far, so good, imo. At least now there is a clear direction and plan for the franchise that seems to be built on more than just hoping they can land a big name FA.

To keep fans happy and sign FA's, a team has to be able to sell winning or hope. Obviously, they can't sell winning just yet. But with Magic and Pelinka running things, Luke as coach and the young talent they already have, they can now sell hope for the first time since Dr. Buss passed away.

Reactions: LAD

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the sad thing is that if he'd just stfu until Lonzo actually accomplishes something in the NBA, he wouldn't have to make any demands that his brand be licensed by Nike, UA or Adidas...they'd be coming to him and trying to outbid each other.
Where is the wife/mother?

I can't stand weak ass, subservient Women.

He is hurting these kids.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say Cavs in 5. The problem the Raps have is they don't have a man on man defender that can makes things tough for LBJ. Without that he's gonna run amok. IMO only way they get game 1 is if the Cavs come out rusty from the long rest.
The Raptors have 18 fouls that they can dedicate to Bron every game.

PJ Tucker and Carroll are the obvious choices.

But, I actually think they need to put Ibaka on him for stints.

They can't stop him.

But, Tucker and Ibaka can slow him, occasionally.

Carroll is barbecue chicken.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does a fraud prevention tactic like a fraud alert work against the one person that knows everything about you? LOL
We figured it's the only option to prevent it from happening again. I am just so disgusted in my sister. Your parents are the people you should be able to trust the most. I hate that my nieces don't have that.
I won't 100% prevent it.

But, it will alert you if someone runs your credit, attempts to open a charge account.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say Cavs in 5. The problem the Raps have is they don't have a man on man defender that can makes things tough for LBJ. Without that he's gonna run amok. IMO only way they get game 1 is if the Cavs come out rusty from the long rest.

Yeah, I've heard PJ Tucker billed as that guy for the Raps, but I don't see it. But I also honestly haven't seen that much of Tucker the last few years and don't know his game all that well. I guess we'll see.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've heard PJ Tucker billed as that guy for the Raps, but I don't see it. But I also honestly haven't seen that much of Tucker the last few years and don't know his game all that well. I guess we'll see.

As @Mecca points out, they need to run several different guys at him. They aren't going to stop him obviously, but maybe they can slow him enough to give themselves a shot.

Even if they can slow him, it'll likely just extend the series to 6 or 7 games. Seriously doubt they can slow him enough to actually win the series.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the Peppers pick. I heard he is terrible in coverage

Browns/Ohio fans changed from saying:
"Peppers is a cheater -- he mixed water in the urine sample to cover up drugs/PEDs"
to
"At 25, he is a steal. He had been dehydrated before the test and just drank some extra wafer."

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lue should maximize the overlap of Kyrie's minutes with Toronto's 2nd unit. When Lowry & DeRozan are both in, there's no where to hide Kyrie on D, and he'll have to either be really great on offense or step up his defense (which he is very capable of). When Joseph is in, it's not an issue. This would also has the side effect of overlapping Shump's minutes more with Lowry/DeRozan, which would be good.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you better hope he makes good personnel decisions. Business decisions are far down the line now- thats for sure--- that doesnt even appear to be his role at this point- at least not his main role.

If the Lakers get good are you going to switch back to being a Lakers fan?

Pelinka is a slimy bastard- but thats what you need in that position--- the ole nice guy/adhere to the rules to a T Kupchak is not there anymore which is nice. You know Pelinka wont bat an eye doing morally dubious things in order to win.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lue should maximize the overlap of Kyrie's minutes with Toronto's 2nd unit. When Lowry & DeRozan are both in, there's no where to hide Kyrie on D, and he'll have to either be really great on offense or step up his defense. When Joseph is in, it's not an issue. This would also has the side effect of overlapping Shump's minutes more with Lowry/DeRozan, which would be good.
i think that has some wisdom to it- but at the same time- F it--- when you start adjusting to the other team instead of making them adjust to you- thats sometimes when bad things happen.

Kyrie played with a lot of effort - was all over the floor- and made some nice plays here and there in the Pacers series--- seriously- 3 blocks in a game? usually he doesnt have that ina freaking month......

i get what you are saying---- but fuck em. Make them handle KI and Bron and Love and have them make the adjustment........

i mean- probably whats best is a mix of the two.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think that has some wisdom to it- but at the same time- F it--- when you start adjusting to the other team instead of making them adjust to you- thats sometimes when bad things happen.

Kyrie played with a lot of effort - was all over the floor- and made some nice plays here and there in the Pacers series--- seriously- 3 blocks in a game? usually he doesnt have that ina freaking month......

i get what you are saying---- but fuck em. Make them handle KI and Bron and Love and have them make the adjustment........

i mean- probably whats best is a mix of the two.

Yeah, that's true. There's a fine line between gameplanning for your opponent and catering too much to them.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you better hope he makes good personnel decisions. Business decisions are far down the line now- thats for sure--- that doesnt even appear to be his role at this point- at least not his main role.

Pelinka is a slimy bastard- but thats what you need in that position--- the ole nice guy/adhere to the rules to a T Kupchak is not there anymore which is nice. You know Pelinka wont bat an eye doing morally dubious things in order to win.
I've never stopped being a Lakers fan. It just so happens that the Dubs are the winning team, thus, more to talk about on a regular basis.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lue should maximize the overlap of Kyrie's minutes with Toronto's 2nd unit. When Lowry & DeRozan are both in, there's no where to hide Kyrie on D, and he'll have to either be really great on offense or step up his defense (which he is very capable of). When Joseph is in, it's not an issue. This would also has the side effect of overlapping Shump's minutes more with Lowry/DeRozan, which would be good.

The wildcards could be Joseph or Powell.

If they don't get bench points, the brooms might come out again because Lowry is so fricking inconsistent.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never stopped being a Lakers fan. It just so happens that the Dubs are the winning team, thus, more to talk about on a regular basis.
Don't most people cheer for a alternate team when their #1 squad has been eliminated?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it was a smart hire.

He speaks the New Generations language and understands what is important to today's players.

What has he done to make you see him as slimmy?