• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Cleveland Cavs vs Toronto Raptors

Who wins? How many games?

• Cavs in 5 or less.

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Raptors in 5 or less.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Cavs in 6 or 7.

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Raptors in 6 or 7.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Potato Salad.

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you think should have gotten MVP?

Not Curry.

Both teams won a chip when the other wasn't at their best.

The Cavs players lost were obviously more detrimental.

Let's see who wins the next round in the trilogy.

I do think Curry should have gotten the MVP.

Don't forget, Iggy's stats were bolstered by the fact that he was the Warriors' 5th option and was guarded by guys like Mozgov who had no chance.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Curry should have gotten the MVP.

Don't forget, Iggy's stats were bolstered by the fact that he was the Warriors' 5th option and was guarded by guys like Mozgov who had no chance.
Eh....I don't know.

I don't remember Curry being dominant in that Finals.

It was painful enough the first time I watched them win it all.

So, I'll be damned if I sit thru another viewing just to see who's right.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh....I don't know.

I don't remember Curry being dominant in that Finals.

It was painful enough the first time I watched them win it all.

So, I'll be damned if I sit thru another viewing just to see who's right.

I agree he wasn't dominant.

But, when in doubt, the best player should get the award. Iggy was not the clear cut choice. A role player should only get it if they are far and away the best in the series.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, when in doubt, the best player should get the award. Iggy was not the clear cut choice. A role player should only get it if they are far and away the best in the series.
Hindsight is 20/20, most ppl at the time thought if deserved it going into game 6, but that Curry would get it just because.

Curry is not a big time player in the postseason

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hindsight is 20/20, most ppl at the time thought if deserved it going into game 6, but that Curry would get it just because.

Curry is not a big time player in the postseason

Totally disagree. I'll say he's not a big time player in the finals so far but outside of the finals he's been really good in the playoffs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Cavs have looked just as impressive

Maybe no one else talks about how impressive the Cavs look because Cavs fans are so busy telling us all about it? :noidea:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said then and I still think LeBron deserved Finals MVP that year even in losing.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally disagree. I'll say he's not a big time player in the finals so far but outside of the finals he's been really good in the playoffs.

Yep, and I have a feeling this year will be different. He'll be healthy and hungry, and he'll have even more around him to take pressure off him.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this back and forth about conferences, and easier paths, and past injuries.

Who cares? Let's bring on Warriors Cavs III with everyone healthy! The past doesn't matter then...

I mean, I guess there's not much else to talk about but still. So many pixels.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and I have a feeling this year will be different. He'll be healthy and hungry, and he'll have even more around him to take pressure off him.

He shouldnt have any pressure on him. He has All-Stars and a Superstar around him. If he has another average showing the Finals that will be 3 years straight. He might have to take up the slack if KD disappears. Remember KD has only made the Finals once. He did have Harden and RW with him though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not Curry.

if i stub my toe i am "not at my best"

if i have my arm chopped off in a terrible wood-chipper accident i am also "not at my best"

there are obviously varying levels of "not at my best"

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this back and forth about conferences, and easier paths, and past injuries.

Who cares? Let's bring on Warriors Cavs III with everyone healthy! The past doesn't matter then...

I mean, I guess there's not much else to talk about but still. So many pixels.

The only shot the cavs have against the Warriors are of the Warriors aren't healthy. Both teams healthy and warriors probably win in 5

It's not gonna be a close series of warriors are at full strength. They're just too much with Durant. Cavs had shots before cause the Warriors ls offense was primarily 3 point ball. Durant provides versatility offensively and can stick it from anywhere so their offense isn't as one dimensional anymore

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not Curry.

i was just looking at those box scores on ESPN

Golden State Warriors 2015 Schedule - Warriors Home and Away - ESPN

ya know how they do the- HIGH in PTS, Assists, rebounds---- for those 18 slots for those 6 games- LeBron had 12 of them

LeBron was at 35.8 pts, 13.3 rebounds and 8.8 assists, in that series-- and was triple teamed for most of it- which of course contributed to his awful 39.8% shooting percentage

if you are dead-set against giving an MVP to the losing team- I would have probably defaulted towards Draymond or Curry....

the Cavs literally just left Iggy alone most of the time- he hit the shots---- but i dont think an MVP has ever had an easier time towrads an MVP---- he was left alone on offense- and had 2 guys helping him on lebron constantly defensively.

JR and Mozgov and Delly just couldnt hurt the Warriors and they knew that- so they just tripled lebron - and somehow that meant Iggy played great D on him? CMON MEHN.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only shot the cavs have against the Warriors are of the Warriors aren't healthy. Both teams healthy and warriors probably win in 5

It's not gonna be a close series of warriors are at full strength. They're just too much with Durant. Cavs had shots before cause the Warriors ls offense was primarily 3 point ball. Durant provides versatility offensively and can stick it from anywhere so their offense isn't as one dimensional anymore
i think the Cavs have a shot if Durant gets tight- which is possible.

the Cavs need to win 1 of the first two games and put the pressure on the Golden Showers and see how Durant reacts.

Warriors deserve their favorite status- but with how LeBron is playing and Kyrie outplaying Curry last year- the Cavs definitely have a legit chance.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and- i mean-

its OBVIOUS the Cavs "flipped the switch"

when your LONGEST winning streak each of the last TWO YEARS is in the playoffs--- that is indicative as it gets that they step it up once the playoffs start

its why San Antonio can really look good during the regular season but can disappoint in the playoffs. They just dont have that extra level they can reach down for since they play that way all the time- for better or worse.

the more i watch Houston and SAS- the more convinced i am that the Cavs would handle either one.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

totally agree...

i keep saying over and over again this Dubs squad simply has too many weapons. and as much as everyone thinks of LeClown tbeing being some kinda god hecan't guard everybody. can GS lose? yep. will it most likely happen? i'm just not seeing it...

and before any
of the grease monkey zombies bring up LAST YEAR(for the umpteenth time:rolleyes2:), last year's squad didn't have KD and the Cavs still barely won it by the skin of their teeth. now i DO believe that the Cavs can take one, possibly two games, but 4-7 imo i just don't see it...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its why San Antonio can really look good during the regular season but can disappoint in the playoffs. They just dont have that extra level they can reach down for since they play that way all the time- for better or worse.

the more i watch Houston and SAS- the more convinced i am that the Cavs would handle either one.

You're right that the Spurs can disappoint in the playoffs. However, when they get to the finals, they tend to not disappoint. The Spurs almost seem to treat the first 2-3 rounds of the playoffs like an extension of the regular season. That has bitten them in the ass a couple of times.

But when they get to the finals, they're 5-1 (and 1 Ray Allen jumper from being 6-0). In their last title season, the Mavs pushed them to 7 games in the 1st round, then they were pushed to 6 games by the Thunder in the WCF before completely dismantling the Heat in the finals.

I'm not saying the Cavs couldn't beat the Spurs, they absolutely could. But I'm not sure the Cavs would be favored in that series because the Spurs would have HCA.