• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Cleveland Cavs vs Toronto Raptors

Who wins? How many games?

• Cavs in 5 or less.

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Raptors in 5 or less.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Cavs in 6 or 7.

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Raptors in 6 or 7.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Potato Salad.

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they decide to sign Durant they cant sign anyone else

they dont have Durants Bird Rights. They have to renounce EVERYONE besides the other Big 3 to get under the cap enough to sign Durant.

You dont think theres a chance that both Durant and Curry leave a little on the table if its needed?

I do.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont think theres a chance that both Durant and Curry leave a little on the table if its needed?

I do.
you just dont understand..i can try and educate you as best as i can

currys signing number is gonna be a lot bigger than his cap hold--- they will use the FA space for Durant- and Currys bird rights to sign curry- it basically doesnt even matter if they both agree to leave " a little" on the table.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you just dont understand..i can try and educate you as best as i can

currys signing number is gonna be a lot bigger than his cap hold--- they will use the FA space for Durant- and Currys bird rights to sign curry- it basically doesnt even matter if they both agree to leave " a little" on the table.

I understand that, I just haven't studied the numbers.
Regardless, it wont matter when it matters.
As you well know the buyouts, etc annually make it to the championship contenders.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. He re-signs with the Warriors and takes a paycut. He can do this using what are called non-Bird rights on a one-year deal, and still wind up making $31 million in the first year of his deal, then make the full super-max amount the year after. Not exactly a crushing blow to his standard of living. But it is a full $5 million less than what he can make as a superstar player. In doing so, he enables the Warriors to keep the rights to Andre Iguodala and Shaun Livingston, who could then re-sign using their Bird Rights. Love and loyalty keeps the Warriors together, and the Super-Team rolls on.

@WiggyRuss
I guess you're wrong.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. He re-signs with the Warriors and takes a paycut. He can do this using what are called non-Bird rights on a one-year deal, and still wind up making $31 million in the first year of his deal, then make the full super-max amount the year after. Not exactly a crushing blow to his standard of living. But it is a full $5 million less than what he can make as a superstar player. In doing so, he enables the Warriors to keep the rights to Andre Iguodala and Shaun Livingston, who could then re-sign using their Bird Rights. Love and loyalty keeps the Warriors together, and the Super-Team rolls on.

@WiggyRuss
I guess you're wrong.

say it ain't so...:heh:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@WiggyRuss
I guess you're wrong.
that is correct- if he pushes off signing a long term deal and takes a short term deal - however if he takes the long term deal its impossible.

you think he takes a 1 year deal? (says with as much sarcasm and eye rolling as possible).

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is correct- if he pushes off signing a long term deal and takes a short term deal - however if he takes the long term deal its impossible.

you think he takes a 1 year deal? (says with as much sarcasm and eye rolling as possible).

tenor.gif

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its basically what James did this season, right?
Not that it matters.

Im not claiming hes doing anything, but for you to say what cant be done is nothing but hope.
My guess is he'd take the 1year if he feels it makes the potential difference between winning or not.
Championships genetate a ton of revenue.
I doubt he thinks that he'll suffer a career ending injury next year.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sunny/bright future for the Cavs, doom/gloom for the Dubs...

shame on you for not seeing this...

I'm surprised he didn't say Durant was going to sign with Cleveland LOL

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Does Lue mean EC championships?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dirk, Duncan, Kawhi, Curry, Klay, Kobe (without Shaq) , Gasol, etc.....

Guys that have rings during the Lebron era. Let's not make the comparison just yet.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those ringless players did not have other prime hall of famers on their teams. If they had, Jordan would not have won 6.

The talent was a lot more spread out in the 90s. What is interesting is that many on here assume that because the talent was more diversified, the path to a championship was more difficult.

The reality is the opposite. Jordan faced many quality teams, but his Bulls were far superior to all of them. LeBron might have a relatively easy path to the Finals, but when he gets there he faces a team that is equal to or better than his.

In a 7 game series, the best team usually wins. Jordan was never the underdog because his teams were always better. Therefor, his path to championships was easier than LeBron's.

Jordan never faced anything close to this year's Warrior squad.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan never faced anything close to this year's Warrior squad.

Oh now you done it! When wiggy sees this get ready for a 5 page explanation as to why Jordan would have been scared of LeBron & his Cavs.

Go team go...:cheer2: