• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Chicago Bulls vs Cleveland Cavaliers

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listened to Windhorst and Jason LLoyd- probably the two most connected people that report on the Cavs- and both were astonished the Cavs won that game- and both that at half time the Cavs were going to lose by a significant margin. I really expect the Bulls to run more and exploit the Cavs injuries on defense and score more points. The Cavs are going to need all hands on deck tonight- I dont think Kyrie gives them 12 again- and the scoring has to come from somewhere-

The Cavs won that game the other day because the Bulls went to huge stretches without scoring. I dont see that happening again. The Cavs are going to need to score more than 86 points and I just dont see where it is coming from unless James Jones has another 17 point game or Jr Smith goes for 20+, or Dellavadova keeps playing the best ball of his career---- and those things make me very nervous.

Without Gasol the Bulls are not going to be a great offensive team- but they should be a lot better than they were the other night and they are going t oattack the Cav's weaknesses.

LeBron is going to need to have a huge night is what it comes down to. He needs 35 at least and to shoot at least decently well. Maybe I am wrong and Kyrie's injurie ahve gotten better and he puts up 15-20 pts, but i just dont see it- i think the Bulls are going to make the Cavs pay for playing him defensively and they are going to need to go to possibly Marion or Miller and who knows how those guys will do.

The Cavs are just toothless on offense right now

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listened to Windhorst and Jason LLoyd- probably the two most connected people that report on the Cavs- and both were astonished the Cavs won that game- and both that at half time the Cavs were going to lose by a significant margin. I really expect the Bulls to run more and exploit the Cavs injuries on defense and score more points. The Cavs are going to need all hands on deck tonight- I dont think Kyrie gives them 12 again- and the scoring has to come from somewhere-

The Cavs won that game the other day because the Bulls went to huge stretches without scoring. I dont see that happening again. The Cavs are going to need to score more than 86 points and I just dont see where it is coming from unless James Jones has another 17 point game or Jr Smith goes for 20+, or Dellavadova keeps playing the best ball of his career---- and those things make me very nervous.

Without Gasol the Bulls are not going to be a great offensive team- but they should be a lot better than they were the other night and they are going t oattack the Cav's weaknesses.

LeBron is going to need to have a huge night is what it comes down to. He needs 35 at least and to shoot at least decently well. Maybe I am wrong and Kyrie's injurie ahve gotten better and he puts up 15-20 pts, but i just dont see it- i think the Bulls are going to make the Cavs pay for playing him defensively and they are going to need to go to possibly Marion or Miller and who knows how those guys will do.

The Cavs are just toothless on offense right now
That is a good point. The Bulls were missing a ton of shots they shouldn't last game.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is nothing new or a coincidence, Jimmy has always played Lebron great and Lebron struggled more times than not. This is the 2nd time Butler faced Lebron in the playoffs and it's the 2nd time Lebron "struggled" (to Lebron's standards) against Butler in a series.

well dude keep in mind that he is getting a lot of help and the CAvs offense is nothing close to what it was when they are healthy- and Love is spreading the floor, Kyrie is driving anad spreadingthe floor, and they have an actual bench.

Kyrie cant shoot a 3 because he cant jump. its ridiculous. i hope he gives them something tonight but i just dont see it- apparently his left knee hurts now from compensating because of his destroyed right foot. He cant go right to save his life right. Seriously, i dont know what is going to happen with that tonight at all. If he can gut it out and give them 15-20 points that would be just ridiculous- but peresonally i see Blatt going to Marion a little bit because KYrie keeps getting blown past

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is nothing new or a coincidence, Jimmy has always played Lebron great and Lebron struggled more times than not. This is the 2nd time Butler faced Lebron in the playoffs and it's the 2nd time Lebron "struggled" (to Lebron's standards) against Butler in a series.

2013 Butler vs James in 5 Games
James goes 35-80 from the field, 44% FG%, 36% 3PT%

2015 Butler vs James through 4 Games
James is 40-106 from the field, 37% FG% 10% 3PT%

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2013 Butler vs James in 5 Games
James goes 35-80 from the field, 44% FG%, 36% 3PT%

2015 Butler vs James through 4 Games
James is 40-106 from the field, 37% FG% 10% 3PT%
2013 was the year before Butler really broke out in any way. In 2013 the jury was still out on Butler being a good draft pick. I remember that series being the start of Butler getting recognition for his effort against Lebron. He broke out as a good draft pick last year, and this year he's looking like a perennial all star. I think the difference in Lebrons performance against butler is more a product of Butler improving.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2013 was the year before Butler really broke out in any way. In 2013 the jury was still out on Butler being a good draft pick. I remember that series being the start of Butler getting recognition for his effort against Lebron. He broke out as a good draft pick last year, and this year he's looking like a perennial all star. I think the difference in Lebrons performance against butler is more a product of Butler improving.

Fair enough.

All I'm saying is that part of LeBron's poor offense is due to Butler playing great defense and part is due to LeBron missing shots he normally makes.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lebron has been Lebron. He's just not what he used to be and is going up against a defender that can match him.

It is easier to look good when the guys around Lebron are hurt or arent 100%. Butler has proved he is a great defender but they can allow more double teams with the injuries. It makes Lebron look bad, when it isnt all on him. He still hasnt played good in the series, even his shooting touch is just off.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you guys see the game going tonight? I think it could go either way. The Bulls could dominate, the Cavs could dominate and anywhere in between. I expect another nail biter.
To be honest I really have to see how this team comes out the 1st 5 min. If they look sloppy or don't have that fight cavs win this by 8+, If they come out the way I hope they do I can see Bulls winning this by under 3, If the Cavs come out flat Bulls can win this by 8+.

If I had to take a educated guess I have a feeling rose has a little off night and Cavs will be on after having an off game. For Bulls to win they need a Big night from their Bench to over come the Cavs hitting 3's tonight.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBj isn't that dominate 2 way player anymore but he is still finds a way to win. His shooting has decline(never great to start with).

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.

All I'm saying is that part of LeBron's poor offense is due to Butler playing great defense and part is due to LeBron missing shots he normally makes.

What about TOs.
Gm1: LBJ: 6 Bulls: 10
Gm2: LBJ: 2 Bulls: 12
Gm3: LBJ: 7 Bulls: 7
Gm4: LBJ: 8 Bulls: 8

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.

I hear you. A lot of the shots Lebron are shooting aren't good shots though. They look like good shots because Butler is giving him space, but he often hesitates before shooting that shot. That's partly because Butler is in his head. As a coach, I would much rather a player take a contested shot in rhythm without hesitating than a player to take a wide open shot after hesitating. If you hesitate to take a shot, you might as well either put the ball on the floor or pass it to someone else, because odds are that shot isn't going in.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this talk about Rose not shooting the 3 damn someone tell LBJ to stop. He is shooting 10% or something like that. I think Rose is at least at 32%(close to that).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good things happen when Lebron attacks. He just needs to attack and everything else will fall into place if guys can knock down shots. Rose needs to do the same and not settle, earn it at the stripe.

Attacking is the key for both these leaders.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibson makes 8 million, Young makes a little over 5 million. The move saves you some $.
We need to save more. We are about to give Butler Max dollars. To be honest I would trade Noah. He makes what 10-12 mill and still has some trade value. We would be able to get a decent piece and a draft pick. I would hate to see Noah leave but to be honest He cant hit free throws anymore and he now has 0 offense and his D declined.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler deserves a lot of credit for Lebron struggling, but he has just flat out missed a lot of open jumpers. Its not uncommon for him to get streaky with his J like this, just gotta hope it comes back to him real soon.

Butler does a great job, but when LeBron gets things going it doesn't really matter who is guarding him. That goes for this years LeBron just as much as the LeBron from the past 2-3 years.

I think we will see early in this one if Lebron's jumper is back after hitting that GW shot. If it isnt there then his best bet is driving and drawing contact or kicking it out to shooters.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good things happen when Lebron attacks. He just needs to attack and everything else will fall into place if guys can knock down shots. Rose needs to do the same and not settle, earn it at the stripe.

Attacking is the key for both these leaders.
I agree, like you said its for both Rose and LBJ. When Rose attacks the offense opens up. That's why I was so mad last game. 2nd Q drought Rose took 1 shot and only drove once. End of 3rd Q into the 4th Q drought same thing Rose took 1 jump shot and didn't drive once. He needs to control the game and attack more.

Same can be said about James. When he attacks he doesn't turnover the ball as much and his role players benefit from him driving.