• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Chicago Bulls vs Cleveland Cavaliers

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you mind finding these buzzer beaters Lebron has hit in big games? I'm not talking about draining a few shots in the final minutes of the game, I'm talking about scoring a bucket on their last possession to win the game. He's probably done it in the regular season a few times, but I'm willing to bet money he hasn't done it in the playoffs. Every time is see Lebron play he reminds me of a player who could've been one of the most talented ever, but he has 0 killer instinct.

Bet ya feel stupid now

Since LeBron came into the league in 2003-04, nobody in the NBA has made more game-tying and go-ahead shots in the final 24 seconds of playoff games than LeBron, who is 7-of-16 on those shots. His 43.8 field goal percentage on those clutch shots ranks the best in the NBA since his rookie season among players with at least 10 attempts. The league average is 28.3 percent on those shots.

LeBron James isn't clutch? Think again - TrueHoop - ESPN

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to defend Lebron but 2 things here:

1) Buzzer beater isn't the only clutch shot in basketball. A shot to tie the game with 15 seconds to go is just as clutch. A shot to put your team up 2 possessions with under a minute to go as LBJ did G7 vs San Antonio is just as clutch.

2) He made his fair of clutch playoffs plays since 2011

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs just need to split the first two in Cleveland. LBJ always gets a road game in a series.

My thought exactly. And get to game 5 with the series tied 2-2 and I think we win the series.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron can take over whenever he wants, especially if he goes to the hole every time. Easier said then done, if he gets double teams and guys waiting at the hoop for him. It is amazing how often he already gets to the hoop when teams are strategizing for that.

That being said, Lebron in this series needs to get everyone else involved first and off to a good start. Then he needs to drive and post up more which will open up shooters and eventually his jumpshot. Him and Kyrie need to takeover this series.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G1- 5/4 @ Cleveland- 7 PM
G2- 5/6 @ Cleveland- 7 PM
G3- 5/8 @ Chicago
G4- 5/10 @Chicago
G5- 5/12 @ Cleveland
G6- 5/14 @ Chicago
G7- 5/17 VS Cleveland
No Love and no Smith for the first two games. I like the Bulls' chances

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors are not as good as you think.

First- they have one big man. Bogut....thats it...and its not like Bogut is an all star- hes probably not even a top 10 center.

The Warriors have not faced any adversity yet. Thats a real concern- how will they react the first time they catch a punch to the jaw?

How many teams can you remember that have won an NBA title with a point guard that is what? listed at 6'3' but is probably closer to actually barely being 6' 2"....ALONG with no big man to the throw the ball into in the post. Not many teams have won a championship with their best player a point guard that is not named Magic Johnson, not too mention they have no one that can give them 20 in the post. I can remember the isiah bad boy pistons as the lone example in the modern NBA.

Teams that rely on shooting can go cold. Now- I realize the Warriors are a special case as they have a collection of shooters that the word "special" just does not even do them justice. -But shooters can go cold.

Its a young team too with a first time head coach and if i am correct - not many guys that have gone far in the playoffs- do they have anyone that has even made a conference final? This is not a HUGE HUGE concern- but when playing teams that have an established coach and guys that have been together forever it can be an issue when you are playing really really good teams.

The Warriors are going to get to the Conference Finals without any kind of test. The Griz are beat up big time. Conleys foot was a huge concern before this new injury that has got him out.

I think the Cavs will have a much harder time with the Bulls- and have a better chance of losing to the Bulls than they would against the Warriors. Kyrie can give you 80% of what Curry can give you - especially if Shumpert is covering him- just stay at home on their shooters and make them beat you inside. LBJ would rip them apart- they arent particularly tough.- its why i think Chicago is the bigget challenge- they are very tough- have Butler who will do a good job on James- and make James pay phyiscally when he goes to the hoop. No one on Golden State is the LEAST bit intimidating. They are kinda soft. Id love to see LeBron absolutely destroy Iguadala for like the 75th time in his career.

Typical Wiggy.
Got every base covered yet?

So, it's not championship or bust, but yet you've diminished every possible opponents chances.

Bulls better than Warriors?
Not sure what you're smoking.
Despite all the Warriors 'flaws' that you point out weren't they:

67-15 regular season?
39-2 at home?
#1 or 2 in league both offensively AND defensively?
5-0 in this years playoffs including overcoming a 20 pt 4th qtr deficit in a game that essentially meant very little.

Exceptionally coached. Basically the same roster as last year, but tons more efficient this year.
Went from lowest amount of passes per possession, to most passes per possession ( I believe).

When the Heat had the Big 3 and HCA in any series, I said that I never thought they would lose because they would always find a way to win a road game and wouldn't lose twice at home.
I was wrong because the Mavs did find a way to win 2 in Miami.

I'll go with the same formula with the Warriors this year. They aren't losing 3 in a row to any team on the road and they aren't losing twice at home in any series.

This is their season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Wiggy.

So, it's not championship or bust, but yet you've diminished every possible opponents chances.

67-15 regular season?
39-2 at home?
5-0 in this years playoffs including overcoming a 20 pt 4th qtr deficit in a game that essentially meant very little.

Exceptionally coached. Basically the same roster as last year, but tons more efficient this year.
Went from lowest amount of passes per possession, to most passes per possession ( I believe).

When the Heat had the Big 3 and HCA in any series, I said that I never thought they would lose because they would always find a way to win a road game and wouldn't lose twice at home.

I'll go with the same formula with the Warriors this year. They aren't losing 3 in a row to any team on the road and they aren't losing twice at home in any series.

This is their season.

hey whatever you think man. Are the haters that insited on "championship or bust" for the Cavs still singing that tune with Love hurt? I mean are they delusional?

I havent changed my team all season- I have siad the same thing over and over- whether the Cavs were on huge win streaks or when LeBron was out and they were losing-

to repeat for the upteenth time.

I have said repeatedly that Chicago is the only team in the East that can beat the Cavs - and the Bulls would have to be healthy to do so. - Right now Chicago is healthy, they have Rose, Butler- and 4 big men in Gibson, Noah, Mirotic, Gasol- while the Cavs have 2 good big men- because 2 of their big men- I think their best 2 big men- Love and Gasol are out.

The Bulls match up against the Cavs. They have mental toughness- and play physical.- DESPITE that I still think Cleveland wins this series 6 out of 10 times- they still have LeBron- the best player inthe league- and the still have Kyrie- the 2nd best player that will play in this series.

To repeat- the Cavs run is just beginning. This is year one of the 2nd LeBron era- and its the most vulnerable the team will be. As a Cavs fan who has watched poor basketball and mostly boring basketball (besides Kyrie) for the last 4 years- getting to the Finals would be an amazing experience as a fan- however for LeBrons decision to be a success he needs to win 2 in this and the next 4 seasons.

And like I said- I think the Cavs matchup well against the Warriors. I watched the Warriors come into Cleveland and Shumpert held Curry in check and played a very good game despite scoring 0 points. Shumpert can score 0 points and be considered havinga great game because the Cavs have 2 of the best scorers in the entire league in Kyrie and LeBron. I just think the Warriors are a front running team that is extremely hard to stop when they are rolling- but if you can slow em down and punch em in the mouth they are beatable. They dont have a post presence at all. They rely on shooting. The Spurs were the team that really worried me in a potential Finals matchup- and houston actually.....they have toughness and bigs. Memphis would but they are beat to shit. The Clipperse didnt scare me because i discounted theier chances because they have no mental toughness but after that series i might have to reconsider.

Raelly- to beat the Cavs you need good bigs, toughness, a good coach, a guy to cover LeBron- thats what the Spurs have- its what the Bulls have- and the Rockets have it to acertain degree.

The Warriors just dont scare me if I am the CAvs- the Cavs matchup very well against them. sorry thats just what i think from what i have seen.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey whatever you think man. Are the haters that insited on "championship or bust" for the Cavs still singing that tune with Love hurt? I mean are they delusional?

I havent changed my team all season- I have siad the same thing over and over- whether the Cavs were on huge win streaks or when LeBron was out and they were losing-

to repeat for the upteenth time.

I have said repeatedly that Chicago is the only team in the East that can beat the Cavs - and the Bulls would have to be healthy to do so. - Right now Chicago is healthy, they have Rose, Butler- and 4 big men in Gibson, Noah, Mirotic, Gasol- while the Cavs have 2 good big men- because 2 of their big men- I think their best 2 big men- Love and Gasol are out.

The Bulls match up against the Cavs. They have mental toughness- and play physical.- DESPITE that I still think Cleveland wins this series 6 out of 10 times- they still have LeBron- the best player inthe league- and the still have Kyrie- the 2nd best player that will play in this series.

To repeat- the Cavs run is just beginning. This is year one of the 2nd LeBron era- and its the most vulnerable the team will be. As a Cavs fan who has watched poor basketball and mostly boring basketball (besides Kyrie) for the last 4 years- getting to the Finals would be an amazing experience as a fan- however for LeBrons decision to be a success he needs to win 2 in this and the next 4 seasons.

And like I said- I think the Cavs matchup well against the Warriors. I watched the Warriors come into Cleveland and Shumpert held Curry in check and played a very good game despite scoring 0 points. Shumpert can score 0 points and be considered havinga great game because the Cavs have 2 of the best scorers in the entire league in Kyrie and LeBron. I just think the Warriors are a front running team that is extremely hard to stop when they are rolling- but if you can slow em down and punch em in the mouth they are beatable. They dont have a post presence at all. They rely on shooting. The Spurs were the team that really worried me in a potential Finals matchup- and houston actually.....they have toughness and bigs. Memphis would but they are beat to shit. The Clipperse didnt scare me because i discounted theier chances because they have no mental toughness but after that series i might have to reconsider.

Raelly- to beat the Cavs you need good bigs, toughness, a good coach, a guy to cover LeBron- thats what the Spurs have- its what the Bulls have- and the Rockets have it to acertain degree.

The Warriors just dont scare me if I am the CAvs- the Cavs matchup very well against them. sorry thats just what i think from what i have seen.

Every year for any James team is championship or bust for HIM.
You are entitled to any opinion that you have, as to what satisfies your goals.

Love injury is no excuse.
If you plan to use it as one, then don't ever be suprised if James decides to jump ship again if they don't win this year or next.
He can always find a 'valid' reason.
Wasn't a Wade injury the reason you feel he left here last year?

As far as your "Cavs run is just beginning", wasn't that the same thing Thunder fans were saying 4 years ago.
Things change quickly. Right now all others sacrifice to play with James. That can and will change sooner than you think.
Especially if the near equal, equal, or better opportunities are in cities not named Cleveland.

As far as the Warriors, I'll take them and give you the field in another 30 day avi bet if you're so convinced they aren't good enough.

And PLEASE quit using a one game regular season game as your measuring stick as far as Warriors / Cavs.
Curry/Shumpert. Curry will eat him alive over the course of any 7 game series.

Warriors were in the middle of another extended, cross county road trip.
How often does any team come out of those unscathed?

PS, you can take down the Beasley avi unless it's grown on you.
Pretty sure time frame of bet has passed.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Wiggy.

67-15 regular season?
39-2 at home?

This is their season.

Getting off topic here but folks need to recognize this Warriors team is literally the embodiment of everything the 'true believers' want to see in a basketball team: good defense? check. good offense? check. fun, uptempo, Showtime style run by an MVP point guard? D based on steals and blocks and switches not bullying Oakley-style early 90s shit. chemistry, fanbase, youth, star power, all solid? checks all around.

The Ws are everything that's awesome in the game. They are the Spurs, but not boring.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year for any James team is championship or bust for HIM.
You are entitled to any opinion that you have, as to what satisfies your goals.

Love injury is no excuse.
If you plan to use it as one, then don't ever be suprised if James decides to jump ship again if they don't win this year or next.
He can always find a 'valid' reason.
Wasn't a Wade injury the reason you feel he left here last year?

As far as your "Cavs run is just beginning", wasn't that the same thing Thunder fans were saying 4 years ago.
Things change quickly. Right now all others sacrifice to play with James. That can and will change sooner than you think.
Especially if the near equal, equal, or better opportunities are in cities not named Cleveland.

As far as the Warriors, I'll take them and give you the field in another 30 day avi bet if you're so convinced they aren't good enough.

And PLEASE quit using a one game regular season game as your measuring stick as far as Warriors / Cavs.
Curry/Shumpert. Curry will eat him alive over the course of any 7 game series.

Warriors were in the middle of another extended, cross county road trip.
How often does any team come out of those unscathed?

PS, you can take down the Beasley avi unless it's grown on you.
Pretty sure time frame of bet has passed.

-First- thanks for the reminder on the bet- i actually kinda forgot about it to be honest- probably why i didnt have an AVI up at all before hand....it does free me up to make other bets though!

-Yah- i get where you are coming from with the Love thing. I think to a certain degree its a bad excuse to say the Cavs would lose the series solely because Love is out. LeBron is the best player in the world and with that comes a certain expectation.

Having said that though- at the beginning of the season i said I think that the East is going to come down to Cavs/Bulls- and that the Bulls were the only team in the East that could beat them. That was with each team with their full contingent of players.

I STILL Think the Cavs win this series- their margin for error is just so much smaller now.

At the beginning of the season- I looked at the Bulls- and saw their frontcourt- Noah coming off a season where he was 4th in the MVP voting- bringing in a huge upgrade from Boozer to Pau Gasol who started for the East in the All Star game- and probably deserved todo so (unlike Kyle Lowry- UGHH!!)- then of course Taj Gibson, and bringing in the kid Mirotic who was pretty highly regarded

right now if both teams were healthy the matchup would look like:

Noah, PGasol, Gibson, Mirotic vs. Love, Varejao, Mozgov, Thompson.

Shit man- i dunno about you- but i would probably give the Cavs a slight edge there- if not call it a wash. What do you think?

Now I look at it and its gonna be: Noah, PGasol, Gibson, Mirotic vs. Mozgov, Thompson, probably Marion, Perkins, JJones. - thats a big time advantage for the Bulls no doubt.

just a quick look at the back courts- Butler, Rose, Brooks, Heinrich, Snell vs. Kyrie, Smith (once hes back), Shumpert, Delly, Miller,- not bad...gotta give it to the Bulls because while Butler and Kyrie cancel eachother out- they got Rose- but its not a monstrous advantage.

Still- as i said above- i think the Cavs win the series- LeBron vs. Dunleavy. WOW

Players aside- as I have said a million times before- my main concern for the Cavs has and always will be this year- was the fact they have a coach brand new to the league, and everyone is coming together for the first time. I keep remembering that Miami team that was a lot more talented than Dallas- but the chemistry, trust, cohesiveness was just not there yet that first year. As soon as the Cavs looked like they were geting that they lost Love - and now have to learn how to play another way.

We shall see- again- I still think the Cavs should win- but its a lot tougher with $25 million (about a third of their payroll) in their best 2 big men sitting out against a very deep and talented Chicago front court- i dont know how anyone could argue against that.

when all is said and done though- coaching, injuries, players- all the agendas, and back stories, suspensions, Noah and his public quibbles with Cleveland, Rose's precarious health, Butler establishing himself as a superstar, Kyrie becoming LeBrons best sidekick in a long time, the super-intriguing Mozgov/Gasol battle, etc........

the Cavs still have #23. He is well rested. The Cavs limited his games and minutes precisely for what is starting tomorrow and continuing for what will probably be about the next 2 weeks. Its a big time trump card. - and like i said- when i think of Jordan a couple images pop into my mind- of course "the Shot" against the Cavs and him almost kicking Ehlo in the head- and then the famous step back jumper against Russell and the Jazz in his last season after he just made a couple super humans plays to make that possible.

I still think that the moment LeBron is ultimately remembered for is yet to come. "the Shot was not in the Finals" so it does not necesarily have to be a Finals game- and really- i think if the Cavs win this series they will win it all now that the Spurs are out.

The optimist in me has a vision of LeBron having one of those moments- with a dejected Jimmy Butler with his head in his hands in the back ground wondering if it will ever happen for the Bulls as long as LBJ is around.

#23 is rested and ready and a real sidekick has his back for the first time in a couple years. Lets hope its enough.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is funny that - to me anyway- and someone correct me if I am wrong- but despite being in 5 Finals and winning 2 of them- the best LBJ games - and the ones that first pop into my head are not Finals games.

They are game 5- while with the Cavs against the Pistons- where he scored like the Cavs last 30 some points and was superhuman-

and then the biggest one I think- Game 6 against Boston- after he got beat badly in game 5 at home and it looked like the Celtics were going to get the best of him again- and he went out and showed why he will be considered one of the greatest to ever play- I think that this is his best game in his career.

and a side note- Chris Bosh in the last 2 years LeBron was with the Heat- of course we all know that they made the Finals- and played a total of 12 games- 5 games last year when they got beat and 7 games when they won 2 years ago. In those 12 games Chris Bosh scored twenty points ONCE- when he scored exactly 20 points.

He scored ZERO points in a game seven of the Finals. He is a huge pussy and Love is way better and more important than this fraud.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to defend Lebron but 2 things here:

1) Buzzer beater isn't the only clutch shot in basketball. A shot to tie the game with 15 seconds to go is just as clutch. A shot to put your team up 2 possessions with under a minute to go as LBJ did G7 vs San Antonio is just as clutch.

2) He made his fair of clutch playoffs plays since 2011

Even before 2011 he had a lot... there were just a few major hiccups along the way that get all the attention from those who wish to hate.

That series vs orlando he averaged something like 38 8 and 8 and got hammered for not doing enough. But since 2011 the clutch has far outweighed the non-clutch

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is funny that - to me anyway- and someone correct me if I am wrong- but despite being in 5 Finals and winning 2 of them- the best LBJ games - and the ones that first pop into my head are not Finals games.

They are game 5- while with the Cavs against the Pistons- where he scored like the Cavs last 30 some points and was superhuman-

and then the biggest one I think- Game 6 against Boston- after he got beat badly in game 5 at home and it looked like the Celtics were going to get the best of him again- and he went out and showed why he will be considered one of the greatest to ever play- I think that this is his best game in his career.

and a side note- Chris Bosh in the last 2 years LeBron was with the Heat- of course we all know that they made the Finals- and played a total of 12 games- 5 games last year when they got beat and 7 games when they won 2 years ago. In those 12 games Chris Bosh scored twenty points ONCE- when he scored exactly 20 points.

He scored ZERO points in a game seven of the Finals. He is a huge pussy and Love is way better and more important than this fraud.

bosh is a much better defender. He allowed the heat to play the way the needed to defensively (pressure, swarming, lots of switching)

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9e39442b741facd7d0b0e8ee0f5e11f3d3f631944b6670adbdd36f3059c9bde4.jpg

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today is the day. I am so excited about the game tonight. I hope this work day goes fast.

Lets hope its a good clean battle. No cheap shots and no major injuries.

Good Luck to the Cavs and their Fans.

ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEEE........................

Lets GO BULLS

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I can find the stat but his percentages when he has a chance to win the game or tie the game he passed the ball around 59% of the time. He doesn't like taking the last shot. Damn I wish I can find it. It was on ESPN when they talked about it. It was right before the playoffs. He is a little something. Im still trying to find it.

Eastern Conference guard on LeBron, MJ or Kobe taking the shot
"That's like ranking the shortest giant. I'd want the ball in LeBron's hands at the end of the game, but I'd want him to pass to Kobe or Jordan for the last shot. And don't forget, LeBron is not a great free throw shooter either."

10-year vet on LeBron and flopping
"Yes, he's a flopper, maybe the biggest flopper in the league. But he's doing exactly what anybody who gets calls is going to do. Why would you not try to get fouls if you can?"

I hate this answer. It's called integrity. Flopping is cheating and should be punished.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do u hate on lebron so much...he made your franchise relevant...plus hating is bad for your health, especially someone so much more successful in every way

Yes, because the Heat had never been relevant and never won a championship before Lebron came along.

Oh wait.....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but despite being in 5 Finals and winning 2 of them- the best LBJ games - and the ones that first pop into my head are not Finals games.

That's because in finals games Lebron goes from potential GOAT to fainting goat.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bosh is a much better defender. He allowed the heat to play the way the needed to defensively (pressure, swarming, lots of switching)

Wiggy knows nothing about basketball. He think scoring points is the only way to be a good basketball player.

Bosh had one really bad series with the big 3 in the playoffs and that was 2013 vs Indy.

Wiggy must forget that the only reason the heat got to game 7 vs the Spurs was because of Bosh offensive rebound after LeBron miss to give Ray Allen a chance to tie the game