• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Chicago Bulls vs Cleveland Cavaliers

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if the 1 day off thing bothers him. He might not be in that type of shape yet. They put up a crazy stat last game on Rose with 1 day off and 2 days off. I think 1 Day off he avg like 14 pts per game and 2 days he was at 28 pts per game. Rose didn't have a great shooting night last game but the guy did almost have a triple double.

Yeah the triple double effort was definitely solid. He does a great job distributing and he has plenty of guys to dish to (WTF Dunleavy in game 1???). That said, he's 17/46 from the field in the series so far, so I have to imagine they're gonna have a hard time winning with that kind of output from their star player. It also seems like the Cavs may have the right idea in defending Pau. That's going to be key. He killed us in game 1.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, he absolutely tried to defend it. He said that it was for the kids and that he would never apologize for trying to do something for kids and he stuck to that for pretty much the entire time he was in Miami. It wasn't until his 3rd or 4th year in Miami that he finally acknowledged that he probably shouldn't have done it and wouldn't do it again.

That was his line of reasoning for doing it at first, but he didn't keep harping on that point. And again, he acknowledged he shouldn't have done it less than a year later, in May 2011. Look it up. There's even a video of him apologizing on YouTube.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw Shump is putting up 10 points and 5 boards a game during the playoffs while playing 31 mpg

Also shooting 40% from 3 compared to 27% from JR

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was his line of reasoning for doing it at first, but he didn't keep harping on that point. And again, he acknowledged he shouldn't have done it less than a year later, in May 2011. Look it up. There's even a video of him apologizing on YouTube.

He said that pretty much every time he was asked. When he finally realized or someone pointed out to him that it wasn't going away, he finally stopped defending it. Also, apologizing after he has been raked over the coals and after he spent time trying to defend it, kind of voids the apology. It looks like he's only apologizing to get people off his back.

I'm not going to look it up because how long he tried to defend it isn't really the point. The point is that he would have been better off just either saying something along the lines of "I'm not apologizing for doing something to help kids. Now let's talk basketball because I'm not addressing this again." Or saying "Yeah, I didn't intend for it to come off the way it did and it won't happen again" it would have been long forgotten.

But trying to defend it and then trying to apologize down the road when people aren't buying the explanation, just prolongs the shelf life. Then it get lumped into the other dumb stuff and it's just more ammo for those who don't like him.

As an example, a lot of people were all over him again about how he handled this past free agency and I haven't seen where he has ever tried to address or defend it. As a result, it really doesn't come up anymore except from the occasional Miami fan. Which is understandable because, intentional or otherwise, the way he handled things really did kind of put the Heat behind the 8 ball when it came to FA's they could have gone after.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst thing LeBron ever did involved forcing ESPN to give the millions they stood to make from the news of his free agency decision to a charity for children.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said that pretty much every time he was asked. When he finally realized or someone pointed out to him that it wasn't going away, he finally stopped defending it. Also, apologizing after he has been raked over the coals and after he spent time trying to defend it, kind of voids the apology. It looks like he's only apologizing to get people off his back.

I'm not going to look it up because how long he tried to defend it isn't really the point. The point is that he would have been better off just either saying something along the lines of "I'm not apologizing for doing something to help kids. Now let's talk basketball because I'm not addressing this again." Or saying "Yeah, I didn't intend for it to come off the way it did and it won't happen again" it would have been long forgotten.

But trying to defend it and then trying to apologize down the road when people aren't buying the explanation, just prolongs the shelf life. Then it get lumped into the other dumb stuff and it's just more ammo for those who don't like him.

As an example, a lot of people were all over him again about how he handled this past free agency and I haven't seen where he has ever tried to address or defend it. As a result, it really doesn't come up anymore except from the occasional Miami fan. Which is understandable because, intentional or otherwise, the way he handled things really did kind of put the Heat behind the 8 ball when it came to FA's they could have gone after.

So first you say he should've apologized for it earlier than 3-4 years later, and now that I've proven that you were wrong, you're saying his apology doesn't count. You're proving to just be a generic Lebron hater stumbling over his words, just like the rest.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So first you say he should've apologized for it earlier than 3-4 years later, and now that I've proven that you were wrong, you're saying his apology doesn't count. You're proving to just be a generic Lebron hater stumbling over his words, just like the rest.

You didn't prove anything. The amount of time he spent defending it was never the point. Getting into some discussion about how long he did or did not defend it is a deflection. That's why I said I'm not going to look it up. The point has always been about the fact that he tries to defend it at all.

You are proving yourself to be a Lebroniac who's desperately trying to throw out deflection after deflection to try and defend him rather than just accepting that he has done and said some stupid things, generally hasn't handled the resultant criticism well and a lot of people don't like him.

You and shane may want to ask yourselves why defending him is so important to you.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't see that the stupid shit he does and says doesn't affect his image, then I don't know how to help you. You are on here having to defend him for the stupid shit he does and says. That alone should be enough to tell you that it affects his image.

If Kobe was doing and saying the stupid shit Lebron does, you'd be all over that. So the only one's being too sensitive are you and other Cavs fans who think that every word that falls out of his mouth is manna straight from heaven.

Edit: and he is being criticized. That's why you're on here trying to white knight for him.

dude- peopel go after LeBron when he screws up becuase he has never had a major actual REAL issue-

HE is the most interviewed and scrutnized athlete in the United States EASILY- and probably the world unless its some soccer player i have no clue
It absolutely compares. You just don't want to see it. The difference is that Lebron doesn't know when to shut up, while Kobe and MJ did/do. That's why their arguably bigger transgressions are not talked about like Lebron's are and why a bigger deal is made of them. I'm sorry that you are having trouble understanding.

And :lol: @you thinking that meeting a celebrity and them being nice to you means they aren't arrogant pricks. I've met several famous athletes, they were all nice to me (even Bill Russell who politely explained why doesn't sign autographs). That doesn't mean that I "know" them or that they aren't pricks in their private lives.

Also, if memory serves, Turnup has said that he met Lebron on a couple of occasions when he was with the Heat and says he's a prick.

You're desperate attempts to white knight Lebron are very chivalrous. Make sure you tell him about it the next time you 2 are hanging out. I'm sure he'll be impressed and grateful. :nod:

to be fair- LeBron's transgressions were never on the level of a r*pe accusations that he paid millions to go away....The sordid details of that tryst are the things of basketball legends.

In Bill Simmons book of basketball- he relays an absolutely HILARIOUS story about Kobe and that-

So he talks about Kobe's r*pe interrogation, and mentions that Kobe attempted something called "the Trinity" that I guess lots of NBA players go for with groupies. He didn't want to put it in print but mentioned David Stern was shocked when he heard about it. I was just wondering what the trinity is, since it couldn't be as simple as it sounds, right? Especially in a book loaded with **** references and such, if it was really as simple as it sounds, he would have just said it.

could you even imagine the media coverage if that crap happened with LeBron? LeBron's stuff of acting aloof with the media every once in a while pales in comparison.

Especially the fact that Kobe- when he was embroiled in that situation- was a huge bitch and basically said "Shaq does the same stuff"...I like Kobe a lot -but once i heard that he actually ratted out Shaq for that stuff- I lost some respect for him

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't prove anything. The amount of time he spent defending it was never the point. Getting into some discussion about how long he did or did not defend it is a deflection. That's why I said I'm not going to look it up. The point has always been about the fact that he tries to defend it at all.

You are proving yourself to be a Lebroniac who's desperately trying to throw out deflection after deflection to try and defend him rather than just accepting that he has done and said some stupid things, generally hasn't handled the resultant criticism well and a lot of people don't like him.

You and shane may want to ask yourselves why defending him is so important to you.

trojanfan12: can you imagine if he hadn't waited 3-4 years to apologize?
ATF: he apologized after 11 months, not 3-4 years
trojanfan12: oh... well that doesn't count because he tried defending it

I'm not eager to defend him, it's just easy to do when someone like you is throwing hate at him without even having your facts straight. The dude has done some stupid things. So what, we all have. A lot of people don't like him because of jealousy. Look at literally every elite athlete. It's the same story. He's no different. In general though, he's a good guy.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be fair- LeBron's transgressions were never on the level of a r*pe accusations that he paid millions to go away....The sordid details of that tryst are the things of basketball legends.

I was wondering when you'd "weigh in" and am not the least bit surprised that the point has escaped you just like it did shane and acrossthefield (although acrossthefield finally did get it).

Really not sure why you Cavs fans have such a hard time grasping a simple concept.

Also, you couldn't be more wrong about how Kobe handled it. He said "Shaq does the same stuff" in the questioning by police when he was telling them his version of events. He shouldn't have said it and the only defense anyone has made of it by Lakers fans is that he was pretty young at the time and was understandably scared.

When it came to addressing the incident with the media, he had his press conference with his wife sitting next to him, said the encounter was consensual and he's only guilty of adultery. He hasn't spoken about it publicly since then. That is why it went away quickly.

You can "compare transgressions" all that you want, but it doesn't change the fact that Kobe and MJ have done a much better job of handling/repairing their "image" than Lebron has and the reason is because they don't feed the fire.

As logic pointed out, people get one explanation (if that) and if they don't like, Kobe and MJ don't care.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering when you'd "weigh in" and am not the least bit surprised that the point has escaped you just like it did shane and acrossthefield (although acrossthefield finally did get it).

Really not sure why you Cavs fans have such a hard time grasping a simple concept.

Also, you couldn't be more wrong about how Kobe handled it. He said "Shaq does the same stuff" in the questioning by police when he was telling them his version of events. He shouldn't have said it and the only defense anyone has made of it by Lakers fans is that he was pretty young at the time and was understandably scared.

When it came to addressing the incident with the media, he had his press conference with his wife sitting next to him, said the encounter was consensual and he's only guilty of adultery. He hasn't spoken about it publicly since then. That is why it went away quickly.

You can "compare transgressions" all that you want, but it doesn't change the fact that Kobe and MJ have done a much better job of handling/repairing their "image" than Lebron has and the reason is because they don't feed the fire.

As logic pointed out, people get one explanation (if that) and if they don't like, Kobe and MJ don't care.

I would agree- the way Kobe handled his r*pe indictment was much more affluent than the way LeBron handled The Decision. - besides ratting out Shaq like you said.

The "Trinity" thing is hilarious too. Cant you imagine David Stern asking one his lieutenants what it meant and the most ackward conversation ever occuring? LOL

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trojanfan12: can you imagine if he hadn't waited 3-4 years to apologize?
ATF: he apologized after 11 months, not 3-4 years
trojanfan12: oh... well that doesn't count because he tried defending it

I'm not eager to defend him, it's just easy to do when someone like you is throwing hate at him without even having your facts straight. The dude has done some stupid things. So what, we all have. A lot of people don't like him because of jealousy. Look at literally every elite athlete. It's the same story. He's no different. In general though, he's a good guy.

Bullshit, you are eager to defend him. You've done nothing in this thread EXCEPT defend him. It's not easy when "someone like me" throw hate at him because my facts are straight. You just don't like it and want to deflect away from the point.

And how do you know he's a "good guy?" Have you met him? Are you 2 bff's like he and shane?

Here's a newsflash for the Lebroniacs and Cavs fans. He's not a perfect person, outside of talking basketball he doesn't come across as being nearly as well spoken and intelligent as you guys would like to make him out to be, every word that falls from his mouth isn't a gem of wisdom and he hasn't handled the criticism that he gets very well.

It is what it is. All of your deflection, white knighting and telling everyone what a "good guy" he is, isn't going to change any of that and isn't going to change anyone's opinion of him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree- the way Kobe handled his r*pe indictment was much more affluent than the way LeBron handled The Decision. - besides ratting out Shaq like you said.

The "Trinity" thing is hilarious too. Cant you imagine David Stern asking one his lieutenants what it meant and the most ackward conversation ever occuring? LOL

:lol: Heck, I don't even know what "the Trinity" is and something tells me that I really don't want to.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's really been my whole point too. I make no bones about the fact that I don't like Lebron, but that doesn't make what I've said about how he's handled things any less accurate. Heck, I've even been known to defend Lebron when something ridiculous has been said. Check my latest post in the "Is Lebron overrated" thread in Fouled Out when GenJac said that Lebron has never carried a team on his back (it's on the last page).

Heck, I've even been told that I'm secretly a "Lebron lover" when I've defended him. I don't throw hate at him just to throw hate.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit, you are eager to defend him. You've done nothing in this thread EXCEPT defend him. It's not easy when "someone like me" throw hate at him because my facts are straight. You just don't like it and want to deflect away from the point.

And how do you know he's a "good guy?" Have you met him? Are you 2 bff's like he and shane?

Here's a newsflash for the Lebroniacs and Cavs fans. He's not a perfect person, outside of talking basketball he doesn't come across as being nearly as well spoken and intelligent as you guys would like to make him out to be, every word that falls from his mouth isn't a gem of wisdom and he hasn't handled the criticism that he gets very well.

It is what it is. All of your deflection, white knighting and telling everyone what a "good guy" he is, isn't going to change any of that and isn't going to change anyone's opinion of him.

of course LeBron is not a perfect person- but when all is said and done- considering the time he lives in and the amount of scrutiny that he is under- he has really done an amazing time handling it all. Its not very often that any athlete holds up under the scrutiny of the public eye- but LeBron to actually be the guy that he has been- is really amazing. All in all- he has conducted himself in a way that you would feel good about your kid looking up to. He does great charity work, has been a champion, goes out of his way to help people, is a great example of hard work.

In todays age the media is jsut looking for reasons to rip pro athletes down - and they get most of them- besides The decision and a hiccup here and there- LeBron has been really has been everything you could want and expect him to be- he came into the league with IMPOSSIBLE hype attached to him- and is one of the few that MORE THAN DELIVERED on that hype. The degree of difficulty is a 1000% and he has done it all for the most part in a way that is truly and absolutely amazing. No one can disagree with that. PERIOD

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jesus, calm down. Why do you have such a strong vendetta against the guy?

Your facts aren't straight. Why do you keep deflecting from that fact you tried to make a case that he waited too long to apologize and now that I've proven you're wrong, you won't address it?

Here's a newsflash for you, my friend: fans of teams like the elite players on their teams. None of your angry crying is gonna change that. Maybe it's time for you to just move on?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course LeBron is not a perfect person- but when all is said and done- considering the time he lives in and the amount of scrutiny that he is under- he has really done an amazing time handling it all. Its not very often that any athlete holds up under the scrutiny of the public eye- but LeBron to actually be the guy that he has been- is really amazing. All in all- he has conducted himself in a way that you would feel good about your kid looking up to. He does great charity work, has been a champion, goes out of his way to help people, is a great example of hard work.

In todays age the media is jsut looking for reasons to rip pro athletes down - and they get most of them- besides The decision and a hiccup here and there- LeBron has been really has been everything you could want and expect him to be- he came into the league with IMPOSSIBLE hype attached to him- and is one of the few that MORE THAN DELIVERED on that hype. The degree of difficulty is a 1000% and he has done it all for the most part in a way that is truly and absolutely amazing. No one can disagree with that. PERIOD

I completely agree and that's why I say that Lebron needs to follow the MJ and Kobe examples of how to handle this stuff. He may have finally learned because I can't think of anything he has said re: this past free agency even though he caught a lot of crap for it and because of that, it really doesn't get brought up much anymore.

I remember when my son started playing basketball at about 11 years old and said he wanted to be like Kobe.

I told him, "If you want to be like Kobe as a basketball player and work as hard as he does to improve your game and be a better player, I have no issue with that. But based on some of the things he's said, done and been accused of, if you want to be like Kobe the person, you need to pick someone else."

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I speak for myself but I have never said Lebron is perfect and yes he has fucked up and came across as a D-Bag. Why is there the need to argue about this stuff?

TF is just rustling some of the Cleveland fans jimmies and you guys are taking the bait

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, calm down. Why do you have such a strong vendetta against the guy?

Your facts aren't straight. Why do you keep deflecting from that fact you tried to make a case that he waited too long to apologize and now that I've proven you're wrong, you won't address it?

Here's a newsflash for you, my friend: fans of teams like the elite players on their teams. None of your angry crying is gonna change that. Maybe it's time for you to just move on?

:lol: I have no vendetta. You just think that anyone who criticizes him is hater with some personal grudge and can't stop yourself from defending him. You probably wouldn't defend a wife or girlfriend like you defend Lebron.

Also, you apparently don't understand what the term deflection means. Deflection is when you try to turn a discussion about one thing into something else that is not what the point of the discussion was.

The point of the discussion wasn't about how long he tries to defend things, it's about that fact that he tries to for any length of time at all. The fact that he gives it more than one statement.

Geez, you actually had grasped the concept for a minute, but apparently you are just too upset that there are people who don't like Lebron and criticize him.

Tell us, does it keep you awake at night? Because you really seem to be unable to accept that people don't like him and have opinions about him that are contrary to yours.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I speak for myself but I have never said Lebron is perfect and yes he has fucked up and came across as a D-Bag. Why is there the need to argue about this stuff?

TF is just rustling some of the Cleveland fans jimmies and you guys are taking the bait

Me?!? Why I would NEVER do a thing like that. :D