• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Chicago Bulls vs Cleveland Cavaliers

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the haters only want it for that reason.

You are exactly correct and when you are the best player in the game, you are generally going to have the most haters. That's just how it works. As a Lakers fan, I've seen this several times. It's also why I think Lebron (and really all celebrities) are better served by saying as little as possible. Even if what they say makes sense and is true, people are going to twist it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he didn't. He tried to defend it for 4 years. When he finally said that it probably wasn't a good idea and he wouldn't do that again, is when it went away. Imagine if he'd done that earlier?

Well this is absolutely incorrect. First off, he never tried to "defend" it in any way. Several players and columnists did, but he didn't. Secondly, he apologized for it less than a year later, in May 2011. That's when he formally apologized for it to Cleveland fans. So, he actually DID do it way earlier than what you said, and yet people still talk trash about him for it. Haters are gonna hate, that's just the way it is.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron's issue is that he wants to be loved by all and thought of as a nice guy. That is why he too often goes out of his way trying to explain any gaffes. Kobe and MJ did not care if they were generally loved, they just cared if they won. They didn't bother about excessively explaining their every move. They would make a statement and if that wasn't good enough for you, they did not care.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron's issue is that he wants to be loved by all and thought of as a nice guy. That is why he too often goes out of his way trying to explain any gaffes. Kobe and MJ did not care if they were generally loved, they just cared if they won. They didn't bother about excessively explaining their every move. They would make a statement and if that wasn't good enough for you, they did not care.

I agree. At times he doesnt care but really he wants everyone to like him and that is impossible.

I still think he is as good of a competitor as anyone and when someone talks shit to him he can back it up. I like when he has that look in his eye, like he doesnt give a shit about anything or anyone just wants to win.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. At times he doesnt care but really he wants everyone to like him and that is impossible.

I still think he is as good of a competitor as anyone and when someone talks shit to him he can back it up. I like when he has that look in his eye, like he doesnt give a shit about anything or anyone just wants to win.
I'm not sure I would agree on the competitor part. He does sometimes, but I remember Jordan when someone beat him on the defensive end badly, they were going to suffer his wrath the rest of the game, and the next game. I haven't seen LeBron have that kind of personal vendetta competitor in him. Yes, he fights to win, but does not take it personally and require the vengeance that MJ and often Kobe did.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I would agree on the competitor part. He does sometimes, but I remember Jordan when someone beat him on the defensive end badly, they were going to suffer his wrath the rest of the game, and the next game. I haven't seen LeBron have that kind of personal vendetta competitor in him. Yes, he fights to win, but does not take it personally and require the vengeance that MJ and often Kobe did.

I'd say game 2 was as good an example of competitive fire that any player could provide. He had an off game in game 1, then he said he saw what he did wrong and vowed to be more aggressive in game 2, and from the opening tip he took it to the entire Bulls team hard all night.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a series thread or a Lebron-is-a-d-bag thread? :scratch:

I'm trying to read through the pages but it's just bickering about Lebron James... who cares what he does off the court let's discuss this game/series. It's actually a good one! G3 in Chi city tonight.

JR comes back but looks as if Shump is out. I'm really excited to see how we come out on the road and also to see how the Bulls rebound from that lackluster performance in G2.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why, because he isn't impregnating 8 women at once? Because he doesn't get in trouble with guns or other legal issues? Because he doesn't do stupid off the court shit and put himself in bad positions like many other players do? NBA players aren't exactly the best judges of character.
I guess you don't know what the word fake means. Non of those are related to being fake person. Many of us already stated what he has done. Most recent is the headband thing. He talks about team unity and next game he ditches it. that's fake. He was being fake when he talked about not wearing it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you don't know what the word fake means. Non of those are related to being fake person. Many of us already stated what he has done. Most recent is the headband thing. He talks about team unity and next game he ditches it. that's fake. He was being fake when he talked about not wearing it.

Wow, that's the sort of parameters you set to decide someone is "fake"? Your deduction of character is pretty shallow.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a series thread or a Lebron-is-a-d-bag thread? :scratch:

I'm trying to read through the pages but it's just bickering about Lebron James... who cares what he does off the court let's discuss this game/series. It's actually a good one! G3 in Chi city tonight.

JR comes back but looks as if Shump is out. I'm really excited to see how we come out on the road and also to see how the Bulls rebound from that lackluster performance in G2.

It's actually looking good for Shump. Blatt says that his condition has improved, and it was never that severe to start it didn't think. I'd guess he'll play 15-20 minutes tonight. Hopefully JR doesn't slug Noah...

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's actually looking good for Shump. Blatt says that his condition has improved, and it was never that severe to start it didn't think. I'd guess he'll play 15-20 minutes tonight. Hopefully JR doesn't slug Noah...
I hope he plays, we need the bodies

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls can't win if they let James score as easily as they did last game.
It turned into an uncontested layup/dunk drill.

He needs to be doubled, he needs to be fouled, he needs to be frustrated.

Also, why not hack-a-Thompson if Cavs start hitting shots?
I agree, I think they will be fine. Butler was defending thinking he was going to have Help Defense. Gasol, Gibson and gasol did a very bad job on Help Defense. 1 positive I took from that game is Rose played really good D on Irving. U could see irving get a little frustrated but didn't mind much because they were winning by a good amount.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he plays, we need the bodies

Amen to that. Though I hope we don't need him to play a ton. It'd be nice to have JR step up and kick off the rust. He isn't quite Shump defensively, but he stepped it up when he came to Cleveland.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as long as we don't have to see Miller again, that was ugly.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that's the sort of parameters you set to decide someone is "fake"? Your deduction of character is pretty shallow.
Nope I just use facts. The Decision made him look really fake and wanted showed he was a media whore. Again this is m opinion from the outside because I don't know him but I have heard multiple players call him fake or say they don't like him. I mean even Bosh some what came out and said he was fake and he was his teammate and won a championship with him. Their Friendship disappeared real quick once Bosh got to know him.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I think they will be fine. Butler was defending thinking he was going to have Help Defense. Gasol, Gibson and gasol did a very bad job on Help Defense. 1 positive I took from that game is Rose played really good D on Irving. U could see irving get a little frustrated but didn't mind much because they were winning by a good amount.

Definitely agree on Rose. He has played well defensively, but what's going on with him offensively? He can't get to the free throw line, which is shocking. I think if Chicago wants a chance to win that's got to change.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see. Two conversations got jumbled into one. I thought you were basically comparing Lebron to Kobe and MJ in terms of the things they've done and been accused of off the court.

:lol: No prob. I'm not always the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I wouldn't make that comparison.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called for Perks to play from the start. His Min were used right. Continue to play him some.

Should be a fun game tonight.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely agree on Rose. He has played well defensively, but what's going on with him offensively? He can't get to the free throw line, which is shocking. I think if Chicago wants a chance to win that's got to change.
I don't know if the 1 day off thing bothers him. He might not be in that type of shape yet. They put up a crazy stat last game on Rose with 1 day off and 2 days off. I think 1 Day off he avg like 14 pts per game and 2 days he was at 28 pts per game. Rose didn't have a great shooting night last game but the guy did almost have a triple double.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is absolutely incorrect. First off, he never tried to "defend" it in any way. Several players and columnists did, but he didn't. Secondly, he apologized for it less than a year later, in May 2011. That's when he formally apologized for it to Cleveland fans. So, he actually DID do it way earlier than what you said, and yet people still talk trash about him for it. Haters are gonna hate, that's just the way it is.

Uh, he absolutely tried to defend it. He said that it was for the kids and that he would never apologize for trying to do something for kids and he stuck to that for pretty much the entire time he was in Miami. It wasn't until his 3rd or 4th year in Miami that he finally acknowledged that he probably shouldn't have done it and wouldn't do it again.