• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Chicago Bulls vs Cleveland Cavaliers

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just said earlier that Lebron gets all of the negative light shed on him because he doesn't know when to shut his mouth like MJ and Kobe did/do, yet they were the ones who got caught in all of their indiscretions, while Lebron has been accused of nothing even remotely close to what the other two have.

Which way are you planning on going with this argument about Lebron's fictitious affairs?

Sounds like this guy knows everything about Lebron. Impressive. I hope Lebron doesn't give in to the 1,000s of ladies throwing themselves at him.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have it on good authority that LeBron once quickly hit the "close door" button in the elevator as someone was running to get in it.

Also, rumor is he left his popcorn bag on the seat for the theater employees to clean up.

That right. Total asshole!! :eek:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have explained. You must have missed it.

MJ and Kobe had what anyone would consider worse transgressions. However, when those things surfaced, Kobe made one statement and has never spoken of it again. MJ, to my knowledge, has never spoken about the things that came out about him. The end result for both was that those issues never gained a much traction, went away fairly quickly and are rarely brought up anymore. In fact, about the only time they are is when Cavs fans and Lebroniacs are trying to defend Lebron.

Lebron tries to defend and make excuses for his lighter transgressions rather than just shutting up and letting them die on the vine. THAT is what the point is and why they are absolutely the same thing. It's not about who has had more serious issues/allegations, it's about how they were handled.

Not sure why that is so difficult for some to grasp.

I understand your first paragraph about MJ and Kobe, that's all well and good. My question is - what has Lebron ever been accused of that is even close to the things leveled against MJ/Kobe? Some random folks saying "I heard he's a jerk" isn't really on the level of the other horrible things Kobe and MJ did.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is his high school sweetheart, so they have been together for a long time.

Nobody likes MJ, except Chicago fans...duh

Nobody likes Lebron, except Cleveland fans and some Heat fans

But when did they get married? Lebron and his HS sweetheart. :D

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like this guy knows everything about Lebron. Impressive. I hope Lebron doesn't give in to the 1,000s of ladies throwing themselves at him.

Now you get it. I'm part of the Lebrontourage. We hang out and play Madden on the weekly, sometimes on the daily. We live, like, 15 minutes from each other.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your first paragraph about MJ and Kobe, that's all well and good. My question is - what has Lebron ever been accused of that is even close to the things leveled against MJ/Kobe? Some random folks saying "I heard he's a jerk" isn't really on the level of the other horrible things Kobe and MJ did.

:L Wow, are all Cavs fans this blinded? Who said that anything Lebron has done is as as bad as what MJ or Kobe have said, done or been accused of?

The point, which you must be missing intentionally, is that the things Lebron has done, the Decision, making fun of Dirk being sick in the finals, "not 1, not 2," his "handlers" confiscating video of Lebron getting dunked on by a college kid, the way he handled leaving Miami, the ghostwritten letter, etc. all continue to get talked about and he continues to get crap for is because, unlike Kobe and MJ, he tries to defend/make excuses for those things instead of just shutting up and letting them pass.

Again, the point is NOT who has the worse transgressions, it's about how they were handled. MJ and Kobe have handled theirs about as well as possible. The same cannot be said about Lebron.

Not sure what is so hard to understand.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have explained. You must have missed it.

MJ and Kobe had what anyone would consider worse transgressions. However, when those things surfaced, Kobe made one statement and has never spoken of it again. MJ, to my knowledge, has never spoken about the things that came out about him. The end result for both was that those issues never gained a much traction, went away fairly quickly and are rarely brought up anymore. In fact, about the only time they are is when Cavs fans and Lebroniacs are trying to defend Lebron.

Lebron tries to defend and make excuses for his lighter transgressions rather than just shutting up and letting them die on the vine. THAT is what the point is and why they are absolutely the same thing. It's not about who has had more serious issues/allegations, it's about how they were handled.

Not sure why that is so difficult for some to grasp.

I guess you are just not getting it.

Nothing has surfaced about Lebron except for tic-tac little stuff and he will discuss bc it isnt a big deal.

Of course, these guys wont talk about bigger issues that is something they cant discuss or wont. That is the difference.

The worst thing Lebron did was The Decision, and he said it was wrong to do that. So I dont see a problem here.

It has nothing to do with things being discussed, it has do with the actions. MJ and Kobe still did those things, and Lebron hasnt so we will just leave it at that.

Lebron > MJ and Kobe :yes:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Wow, are all Cavs fans this blinded? Who said that anything Lebron has done is as as bad as what MJ or Kobe have said, done or been accused of?

The point, which you must be missing intentionally, is that the things Lebron has done, the Decision, making fun of Dirk being sick in the finals, "not 1, not 2," his "handlers" confiscating video of Lebron getting dunked on by a college kid, the way he handled leaving Miami, the ghostwritten letter, etc. all continue to get talked about and he continues to get crap for is because, unlike Kobe and MJ, he tries to defend/make excuses for those things instead of just shutting up and letting them pass.

Again, the point is NOT who has the worse transgressions, it's about how they were handled. MJ and Kobe have handled theirs about as well as possible. The same cannot be said about Lebron.

Not sure what is so hard to understand.

OK, so you're saying Lebron has never really done anything bad, but he gets picked apart for trivial things because he actually addresses them instead of just keeping his mouth shut.

I don't see how this pertains to the conversation.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what words did I put in your mouth?

And yes, everyone, except you, knows the real truth.

Yes, with my personal experience that IMO.

Doesnt mean he cant be an asshole lol.

Nobody is perfect, but Lebron is close :lol: :nod:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you are just not getting it.

Nothing has surfaced about Lebron except for tic-tac little stuff and he will discuss bc it isnt a big deal.

Of course, these guys wont talk about bigger issues that is something they cant discuss or wont. That is the difference.

The worst thing Lebron did was The Decision, and he said it was wrong to do that. So I dont see a problem here.

It has nothing to do with things being discussed, it has do with the actions. MJ and Kobe still did those things, and Lebron hasnt so we will just leave it at that.

Lebron > MJ and Kobe :yes:

Wow, you almost got it. But like Lebron at the free throw line late in a big game, you just keep missing. The bigger issues went away relatively quickly for Kobe and MJ BECAUSE they WON'T talk about them. They don't/didn't feed the dialogue, so it went away.

Imagine how quickly Lebron's smaller transgressions would go away if he used the same strategy. You are really having a much tougher time grasping this than you should. Not sure why you can't understand that the point is not about who has worse transgressions, it's about how they are handled.

As for your last statement, get back to me when Lebron has 5 or 6 rings. I won't be holding my breath.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, for one, applaud a player's willingness to talk about things and be transparent (although you still have to take every comment with a grain of salt).

To some, that is an endearing quality.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, you almost got it. But like Lebron at the free throw line late in a big game, you just keep missing. The bigger issues went away relatively quickly for Kobe and MJ BECAUSE they WON'T talk about them. They don't/didn't feed the dialogue, so it went away.

Imagine how quickly Lebron's smaller transgressions would go away if he used the same strategy. You are really having a much tougher time grasping this than you should. Not sure why you can't understand that the point is not about who has worse transgressions, it's about how they are handled.

As for your last statement, get back to me when Lebron has 5 or 6 rings. I won't be holding my breath.

You just cant wrap this around your little pea brain lol

THEY ARENT BIG ISSUES for Lebron. And yes, they went away, but maybe not to you bc you are a hater.

So you are saying as long as you are a bad person if you handle the situations right it is fine. Gotchya. You do have a pea brain :laugh3:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so you're saying Lebron has never really done anything bad, but he gets picked apart for trivial things because he actually addresses them instead of just keeping his mouth shut.

I don't see how this pertains to the conversation.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. The conversation was about why Lebron catches so much crap for trivial stuff. The fact that he keeps doing this trivial crap and then addresses it by continuing to defend/excuse it rather than just making one statement or not saying anything at all is why he keeps getting criticized for it.

It took him what? 4 years? before he finally said that the Decision was a bad idea? If he had done that right away, chances are it goes away quickly.

That's how it pertains.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesnt catch crap, only from haters.

The Decision never went away, bc of social media. He tried to make it go away through waiting but it didnt work. Then he finally said something bc apparently he needed to.

Now who wins Game 3?

Is Shump out?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, for one, applaud a player's willingness to talk about things and be transparent (although you still have to take every comment with a grain of salt).

To some, that is an endearing quality.

To some maybe, but not to most. Lebron, because of his status, has the power to direct any conversation/interview to go any way that he wants. He can determine what he will or will not address and reporters will avoid those issues because they don't want to lose access.

Using the Kobe r*pe allegation as an example. He had one press conference about it and hasn't spoken about it since. I haven't even seen where a reporter has asked him about it since that press conference. I have no doubt that it's because Kobe's representatives and the Lakers have made it an off-limits topic.

The problem is, we say that we want our star players to be transparent, but we really only want that for an opportunity to bash them. That includes reporters who complain that players won't "give them anything of substance" but use it against them when they do.

You'll notice that I've never said that what happens with Lebron is fair, I've only stated why I feel it happens. Also, my opinion about that has NEVER changed. Ever since the Decision, I have said that the best thing Lebron could do for himself would be to just shut up about some of this stuff and only discuss basketball or whatever charitable organizations he's involved in. Anything else, just adds fuel to the fire.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To some maybe, but not to most. Lebron, because of his status, has the power to direct any conversation/interview to go any way that he wants. He can determine what he will or will not address and reporters will avoid those issues because they don't want to lose access.

Using the Kobe r*pe allegation as an example. He had one press conference about it and hasn't spoken about it since. I haven't even seen where a reporter has asked him about it since that press conference. I have no doubt that it's because Kobe's representatives and the Lakers have made it an off-limits topic.

The problem is, we say that we want our star players to be transparent, but we really only want that for an opportunity to bash them. That includes reporters who complain that players won't "give them anything of substance" but use it against them when they do.

You'll notice that I've never said that what happens with Lebron is fair, I've only stated why I feel it happens. Also, my opinion about that has NEVER changed. Ever since the Decision, I have said that the best thing Lebron could do for himself would be to just shut up about some of this stuff and only discuss basketball or whatever charitable organizations he's involved in. Anything else, just adds fuel to the fire.

Well said, especially the bolded.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the haters only want it for that reason.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesnt catch crap, only from haters.

The Decision never went away, bc of social media. He tried to make it go away through waiting but it didnt work. Then he finally said something bc apparently he needed to.

Now who wins Game 3?

Is Shump out?

No he didn't. He tried to defend it for 4 years. When he finally said that it probably wasn't a good idea and he wouldn't do that again, is when it went away. Imagine if he'd done that earlier?

As for game 3. I think the Bulls take it. They should be angry with themselves for how they played in game 2 (I'm sure Thibs has impressed that upon them) and will come out looking to make up for it.

If Shump can't play, that just makes it even tougher for the Cavs, especially if he's out more than 1 game. Imo, with Love out, the Cavs will need both JR and Shump contributing to beat the Bulls. Lebron and Kyrie are damn good, but they are going to need help.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that's what I'm saying. The conversation was about why Lebron catches so much crap for trivial stuff. The fact that he keeps doing this trivial crap and then addresses it by continuing to defend/excuse it rather than just making one statement or not saying anything at all is why he keeps getting criticized for it.

It took him what? 4 years? before he finally said that the Decision was a bad idea? If he had done that right away, chances are it goes away quickly.

That's how it pertains.

I see. Two conversations got jumbled into one. I thought you were basically comparing Lebron to Kobe and MJ in terms of the things they've done and been accused of off the court.