• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Chicago Bulls vs Cleveland Cavaliers

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are we comparing these 2 as human beings? are we that bored?

Let's not judge people who we truly do not know. I'm sure both have dark sides.

:amen:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem I have with Lebron is that he flops like so many in this league are now doing. Back 10-20 years ago, Lambier did it and Divac did it - that's about it. And Lebron seems to like the drama of going to his hometown, having a big "decision" on TV, then bail on his hometown.. And he shoots too many jumpers, when he should go to the hole and get to the line. At crunchtime? :L That's a puzzling one..

But he's not Jordan. He's different. Helluva a bball player tho and he hasn't seemed to get in trouble off the court - so that's something in this day and age of you tube and tweeter. :)

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowingly ran sweat shops? While he was making $20 million/year in the 90's, he was running sweat shops?

Why are we comparing these 2 as human beings? are we that bored? And you can meet a celeb on a bad day and judge him as being a bad person or you can meet him once on a good day and say, "man what a great person".

All celebs can be rude to fans. Have you seen some of the demanding fans out there?

Let's not judge people who we truly do not know. I'm sure both have dark sides. Jordan definitely had some issues. Walk away from the NBA as the best player and play AA baseball for 2 years is nuts..

My favorite Jordan story is him playing blackjack until 4am in atlantic city and then dropping 30+ on Starks in the afternoon in the East Finals. :lol: He did some odd things, but he rarely choked and didn't do his job.

It's well-known that this was an issue with Nike years ago that they ran sweatshops to manufacture the MJ shoes in places like Singapore and Vietnam that used child labor. Hell, they admit to it. They also admitted they paid a market wage to the workers, not a living wage.

I came into the thread and noticed people were comparing the two. It's just funny to me that people try and rip on Lebron while praising MJ when in real life, the situation is quite different. I definitely agree on your part about celebs having bad days and getting unfairly judged, and yeah some fans are dicks. You're 100% spot on there. I also would never knock Jordan for his on the court prowess. The guy is a legend for obvious reasons in that regard.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think the winner of this game wins the series.

The Bulls can't win if they let James score as easily as they did last game.
It turned into an uncontested layup/dunk drill.

He needs to be doubled, he needs to be fouled, he needs to be frustrated.

Also, why not hack-a-Thompson if Cavs start hitting shots?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, why not hack-a-Thompson if Cavs start hitting shots?

Tristan shoots > 60% from FT... thats too high for that strategy to be a good idea, IMO. I thought Brad Stevens was crazy for trying it a couple times... and he didn't stick with it very long.

Noah... on the other hand... is 1-14 from the line in the playoffs and looks like he's holding a basketball for the first time in his life when he's shooting free throws.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said his image is ruined? :drama:

The fact that this even has to be explained to you means that there is little hope that you'll get it, but I'll try anyway.

In MJ's day, we didn't have all of the 24/7 news and more importantly, we didn't have social media. So the crap that MJ was doing didn't come out until years after he retired. Also, MJ, the Bulls and probably the NBA, carefully protected his image making sure that the stuff he did never got out. When it eventually did come out, MJ just kept his mouth shut and none of it ever gained traction.

I'm also sure that Kobe has more skeletons in his closet that we don't know about, but he learned his lesson and does a great job of protecting his image. He has also learned the art of making one statement when he has done or said something stupid and then shutting the fuck up. It's why the r*pe allegation rarely gets talked about anymore and why the gay slur at the ref went away so quickly. He made one statement about each and never spoke about it again.

Now, compare that to Lebron not only saying and doing stupid shit, but then going back and trying to defend himself for the stupid shit he does and says, which just feeds the fire. Add to that the fact that with social media, a lot of it happens almost in real time.

Lebron hasn't learned how to NOT feed the fire and it very definitely has a negative effect.

You are still trying to compare the things Kobe and MJ did to Lebron saying some nonsense, it doesnt compare at all. So just stop, it makes no sense and is blown out of proportion. I have met Lebron so I know, one of the nicest guys you will meet. Not an arrogant prick like MJ and Kobe were said to be.

All he does is answer the questions that are presented to him, he hides nothing unlike those guys. That should be respected not criticized. I guess when all you see is scum, you are used to it by now.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tristan shoots > 60% from FT... thats too high for that strategy to be a good idea, IMO. I thought Brad Stevens was crazy for trying it a couple times... and he didn't stick with it very long.

Noah... on the other hand... is 1-14 from the line in the playoffs and looks like he's holding a basketball for the first time in his life when he's shooting free throws.

Yes, this. We need to get Perkins and anyone else from the end of the bench in to get him to the line and kill their possessions. He is like a mule with a sewing machine when you put him at the FT line.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are still trying to compare the things Kobe and MJ did to Lebron saying some nonsense, it doesnt compare at all. So just stop, it makes no sense and is blown out of proportion. I have met Lebron so I know, one of the nicest guys you will meet. Not an arrogant prick like MJ and Kobe were said to be.

All he does is answer the questions that are presented to him, he hides nothing unlike those guys. That should be respected not criticized. I guess when all you see is scum, you are used to it by now.

It absolutely compares. You just don't want to see it. The difference is that Lebron doesn't know when to shut up, while Kobe and MJ did/do. That's why their arguably bigger transgressions are not talked about like Lebron's are and why a bigger deal is made of them. I'm sorry that you are having trouble understanding.

And :lol: @you thinking that meeting a celebrity and them being nice to you means they aren't arrogant pricks. I've met several famous athletes, they were all nice to me (even Bill Russell who politely explained why doesn't sign autographs). That doesn't mean that I "know" them or that they aren't pricks in their private lives.

Also, if memory serves, Turnup has said that he met Lebron on a couple of occasions when he was with the Heat and says he's a prick.

You're desperate attempts to white knight Lebron are very chivalrous. Make sure you tell him about it the next time you 2 are hanging out. I'm sure he'll be impressed and grateful. :nod:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's well-known that this was an issue with Nike years ago that they ran sweatshops to manufacture the MJ shoes in places like Singapore and Vietnam that used child labor. Hell, they admit to it. They also admitted they paid a market wage to the workers, not a living wage.

I came into the thread and noticed people were comparing the two. It's just funny to me that people try and rip on Lebron while praising MJ when in real life, the situation is quite different. I definitely agree on your part about celebs having bad days and getting unfairly judged, and yeah some fans are dicks. You're 100% spot on there. I also would never knock Jordan for his on the court prowess. The guy is a legend for obvious reasons in that regard.

Nike and many other companies still do!! It's called cheap labor.. Do you ever have any Mexicans do landscaping for you? They work circles around most people..

But MJ played bball. He didn't run sweat shops - I thought you said he was running the sweat shops.. :L

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Noah's shot is getting worse. He flicks the ball or something. It is hard to watch. With that motion he will never make another free throw.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nike and many other companies still do!! It's called cheap labor.. Do you ever have any Mexicans do landscaping for you? They work circles around most people..

But MJ played bball. He didn't run sweat shops - I thought you said he was running the sweat shops.. :L

I actually don't, I do gardening and outside labor myself. However, paying a Mexican to mow and tend to your landscaping =/= having a child working around the clock in horrible conditions with hardly any labor rights.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It absolutely compares. You just don't want to see it. The difference is that Lebron doesn't know when to shut up, while Kobe and MJ did/do. That's why their arguably bigger transgressions are not talked about like Lebron's are and why a bigger deal is made of them. I'm sorry that you are having trouble understanding.

And :lol: @you thinking that meeting a celebrity and them being nice to you means they aren't arrogant pricks. I've met several famous athletes, they were all nice to me (even Bill Russell who politely explained why doesn't sign autographs). That doesn't mean that I "know" them or that they aren't pricks in their private lives.

Also, if memory serves, Turnup has said that he met Lebron on a couple of occasions when he was with the Heat and says he's a prick.

You're desperate attempts to white knight Lebron are very chivalrous. Make sure you tell him about it the next time you 2 are hanging out. I'm sure he'll be impressed and grateful. :nod:

Turnup hates Lebron LOL. He probably just didnt say anything to him.

You are so obsessed with Lebron, just like every other hater. All I can say is enjoy the show bc we might never see another player greater than Lebron in time....except Kyrie maybe :whistle:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry to jump in on your spat, but in regards to these "transgressions" --

MJ: Horrible womanizer, compulsive gambler
Kobe: Also womanizer, except with r*pe allegations
Lebron:....?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem I have with Lebron is that he flops like so many in this league are now doing. Back 10-20 years ago, Lambier did it and Divac did it - that's about it. And Lebron seems to like the drama of going to his hometown, having a big "decision" on TV, then bail on his hometown.. And he shoots too many jumpers, when he should go to the hole and get to the line. At crunchtime? :L That's a puzzling one..

But he's not Jordan. He's different. Helluva a bball player tho and he hasn't seemed to get in trouble off the court - so that's something in this day and age of you tube and tweeter. :)

Easier said then done, driving to the hole everytime, but I agree. Every team has a different strategy so it takes time to get used to it.

He settles, but every player does if you think about it, even Harden does lol

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually don't, I do gardening and outside labor myself. However, paying a Mexican to mow and tend to your landscaping =/= having a child working around the clock in horrible conditions with hardly any labor rights.

So we are going to blame MJ first then now Nike for using a country and their laws for a profit? Maybe you should write a letter to the Obama administration? While he's doing deals with Iran and Cuba, maybe they will put an end to this madness.. I've never seen a sweat shop personally.. Unless you call a cougar that used to sexually ****** me when i was 28 at her house - a sweat shop? :noidea:

I bet you blame the USA for carbon emissions too? Just guessing

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turnup hates Lebron LOL. He probably just didnt say anything to him.

You are so obsessed with Lebron, just like every other hater. All I can say is enjoy the show bc we might never see another player greater than Lebron in time....except Kyrie maybe :whistle:

You are on here white knighting every negative comment that anyone makes about Lebron and claiming to know him personally because you met him one time and he was nice to you, yet I and others are obsessed.

The fact that you can't see the irony in that is the funniest part of all of this. :pound:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It absolutely compares :L :L

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron.. an angel. Never had an affair. You know this because.. you just know. :pound:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol: @you not grasping the comparison any better than shane. Lebroniacs are some of the best comedy on the interwebz.