• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Chicago Bulls vs Cleveland Cavaliers

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than maybe sense of humor, there are no qualities to Lebrons personality that are better than MJ. I've heard so many stories of Lebron in his early days that just say that he was an awful human being. I never heard those stories about MJ. You just want to bash MJ to bring up Lebron. It's not working. Lebron was a piece of shit when he was in Cleveland the first time. I think he's gotten better over the years, but there are several things that point to MJ being more mature than Lebron at the same age. When MJ made Space Jam and starred in commercials he made it a point to keep his sons out of them so they don't get spoiled. Lebron puts a camera in front of his kid every fucking chance he gets. Lebron ripped on Stephon Marbury for coming out with cheap sneakers that just about anyone could buy when his sneakers are priced so only the rich can buy. Again, he's gotten better, but there is so much dirt on him from his early days that I have no idea why you think he is a better person than Jordan in any way.

ARe youn totally insane? Ive read like 6 jordan books- including the Jordan Rules and many others- and for all intents and purposes Jordan was a womanizing, complusive gambler that many of his teammates couldnt stand!

Now i am a LeBron fan and I readily admit he acts like a douche at times- but if every single one of my acts and words was dissected by a million people- every second of my day, every day for every week for every month of every year- id look like more a dick than I already AM! LOL....

Jordan benefited by not being a star in the era that LeBron is in or he would have had a LOT more ackward questionst o answer than LeBron. Thats just simple fact- And I really like Jordan too

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats next? A Kevin Love arm sling giveaway?:doh:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw that. Between that and their Dirty Dancing "parody", The Cavs have to be the dumbest organization in the NBA

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At least they pulled the plug on that one. I'm sure dumb ideas happen all the time in the PR/marketing world... you just hope that someone in the layers of your organization sees it and vetos it before it sees the light of day.

I just can't understand how that video... that wasn't even funny.... made it through.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lebron is weird
27zhp9k.png

:peep:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noah is 1-14 from the line in the playoffs:eek:

Time to Hack-a-Joakim?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noah is 1-14 from the line in the playoffs:eek:

Time to Hack-a-Joakim?

He's worse than that slapdick from Houston. Capela. He was 19% from the line in the D-League lol

Houston has some horrible free throw shooters but they also have Harden.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok game time is almost here. I missed the shannagins in here, but game 3 should tell us a bit more.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't see that the stupid shit he does and says doesn't affect his image, then I don't know how to help you. You are on here having to defend him for the stupid shit he does and says. That alone should be enough to tell you that it affects his image.

If Kobe was doing and saying the stupid shit Lebron does, you'd be all over that. So the only one's being too sensitive are you and other Cavs fans who think that every word that falls out of his mouth is manna straight from heaven.

Edit: and he is being criticized. That's why you're on here trying to white knight for him.

He is a basketball player, little white lies or stupid things he says sometimes, how does that affect his image?

Look at all the shit MJ did and his image is still intact? Even Kobe got accused of some bad stuff, his image is still intact? But Lebron saying a couple things, it's over! His image is ruined.

This is nothing.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you
ARe youn totally insane? Ive read like 6 jordan books- including the Jordan Rules and many others- and for all intents and purposes Jordan was a womanizing, complusive gambler that many of his teammates couldnt stand!

Now i am a LeBron fan and I readily admit he acts like a douche at times- but if every single one of my acts and words was dissected by a million people- every second of my day, every day for every week for every month of every year- id look like more a dick than I already AM! LOL....

Jordan benefited by not being a star in the era that LeBron is in or he would have had a LOT more ackward questionst o answer than LeBron. Thats just simple fact- And I really like Jordan too

I would agree with some of this because social media and the media in general is ridiculous, but MJ's teammates went to war with #23 and had his back. If they couldn't stand him, it was for a few days or maybe a week due to competition and they all got over it.. Obviously. You don't win 6 rings in 6 years with no cohesion on and off the court.

But I wouldn't expect a Cleveland fan to understand this.. ;)

My high school bball team in Illinois was 54-5 in my last 2 years including state. At times, we hated each other and straight up fought.. But that made us better everyday in practice - raised the bar. I see them now 20 years later and we still have that bond that was created going to war - because that what it was.. We hated to lose. And if you know anything about MJ, he hated to lose more than any human being on this planet. Yeah he had compulsive issues - we all have issues.

I've played against 4 NBA players when I was in HS btw :suds:

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOme good bball books to read:

Sacred Hoops - Phil Jackson
Rebound - great book on MJ retiring the first time, playing baseball and then coming back
Dean Smith autobiography
John Wooden autobiography

Loved the Dean Smith one.. Jordan's freshman year he carried bags to and from games for upperclassmen. When Lebron would have been a freshman, he had millions and had a possee in his ear 24/7.

All of these books are awesome.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost time for Game 3. Lets go Bulls.

I have no clue what is wrong with Noah. He was a decent Free throw shooter and now he is worse then Jordan. He is also missing easy lay ups. They had a stat the other day. From 5ft from the net Noah is 2 for the last 12 not counting tip ins. These are shots or lay ups. That is really bad for a center. So with that and free throws he is like 3 for 26(something crazy).

This might be the End of Noah. He has worked so hard to be a top center that maybe he is just done. I just hope its an injury that is doing this.

Overall he just looks bad. The only thing he is doing well is Defense on his guy. His team D sucks.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a basketball player, little white lies or stupid things he says sometimes, how does that affect his image?

Look at all the shit MJ did and his image is still intact? Even Kobe got accused of some bad stuff, his image is still intact? But Lebron saying a couple things, it's over! His image is ruined.

This is nothing.
Well his image around the league isn't great. Most players see him as Fake. LBJ is Fake as they come. Great ball player but fake as a person.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if any player in pro sports garners more undeserved, blown out of proportion hate than Lebron. Maybe Tom Brady, though that would've been before this Deflategate thing.

Whomever it was that said MJ was a better person than Lebron is nowhere near accurate. Michael Jordan has been chronicled many times for being an absolutely horrible human being, whether it be the fact he always cheated on his wife, made absurd demands while a player, knowingly ran sweatshops for his Jordan line, was rude to fans, etc.

On the other hand, Lebron is a great person off the court. He personally has a hand in several charities and foundations, does great things for the city of Akron, and I've never heard a bad thing from someone who had ACTUALLY met him. Most of the talk about him being mean come from people who just read it somewhere. My sister works at a ritzy steakhouse in Akron called Ken Stewarts. Lebron came in with his family and a large group of friends a couple of weeks ago. She and another waitress waited on them and she said he was extremely grateful and pleasant. He even politely asked her to help his son with his baked potato, and left a generous tip.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok game time is almost here. I missed the shannagins in here, but game 3 should tell us a bit more.
I really think the winner of this game wins the series.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well his image around the league isn't great. Most players see him as Fake. LBJ is Fake as they come. Great ball player but fake as a person.

Why, because he isn't impregnating 8 women at once? Because he doesn't get in trouble with guns or other legal issues? Because he doesn't do stupid off the court shit and put himself in bad positions like many other players do? NBA players aren't exactly the best judges of character.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is nothing.

Who said his image is ruined? :drama:

The fact that this even has to be explained to you means that there is little hope that you'll get it, but I'll try anyway.

In MJ's day, we didn't have all of the 24/7 news and more importantly, we didn't have social media. So the crap that MJ was doing didn't come out until years after he retired. Also, MJ, the Bulls and probably the NBA, carefully protected his image making sure that the stuff he did never got out. When it eventually did come out, MJ just kept his mouth shut and none of it ever gained traction.

I'm also sure that Kobe has more skeletons in his closet that we don't know about, but he learned his lesson and does a great job of protecting his image. He has also learned the art of making one statement when he has done or said something stupid and then shutting the fuck up. It's why the r*pe allegation rarely gets talked about anymore and why the gay slur at the ref went away so quickly. He made one statement about each and never spoke about it again.

Now, compare that to Lebron not only saying and doing stupid shit, but then going back and trying to defend himself for the stupid shit he does and says, which just feeds the fire. Add to that the fact that with social media, a lot of it happens almost in real time.

Lebron hasn't learned how to NOT feed the fire and it very definitely has a negative effect.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if any player in pro sports garners more undeserved, blown out of proportion hate than Lebron. Maybe Tom Brady, though that would've been before this Deflategate thing.

Whomever it was that said MJ was a better person than Lebron is nowhere near accurate. Michael Jordan has been chronicled many times for being an absolutely horrible human being, whether it be the fact he always cheated on his wife, made absurd demands while a player, knowingly ran sweatshops for his Jordan line, was rude to fans, etc.

On the other hand, Lebron is a great person off the court. He personally has a hand in several charities and foundations, does great things for the city of Akron, and I've never heard a bad thing from someone who had ACTUALLY met him. Most of the talk about him being mean come from people who just read it somewhere. My sister works at a ritzy steakhouse in Akron called Ken Stewarts. Lebron came in with his family and a large group of friends a couple of weeks ago. She and another waitress waited on them and she said he was extremely grateful and pleasant. He even politely asked her to help his son with his baked potato, and left a generous tip.

Knowingly ran sweat shops? While he was making $20 million/year in the 90's, he was running sweat shops?

Why are we comparing these 2 as human beings? are we that bored? And you can meet a celeb on a bad day and judge him as being a bad person or you can meet him once on a good day and say, "man what a great person".

All celebs can be rude to fans. Have you seen some of the demanding fans out there?

Let's not judge people who we truly do not know. I'm sure both have dark sides. Jordan definitely had some issues. Walk away from the NBA as the best player and play AA baseball for 2 years is nuts..

My favorite Jordan story is him playing blackjack until 4am in atlantic city and then dropping 30+ on Starks in the afternoon in the East Finals. :lol: He did some odd things, but he rarely choked and didn't do his job.