• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2nd Best Receiver of all Time

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn shame Andre Johnson spent his entire career with Matt Schaub and David Carr as his quarterbacks.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn shame Andre Johnson spent his entire career with Matt Schaub and David Carr as his quarterbacks.

Agreed, he still put up some decent numbers just didn't score alot...

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats cool this is America. I think within a few years Megatron will be sitting at 3 and maybe surpass Moss when al isl said and then. Rice is a tough one to beat, esp having Montana and Young for a majority of career. Calvin doesnt have that

Instead, Calvin is in a system that throws it 60+ times per game and a QB that locks on him on virtually every play. I'd say that negates some of the "poor Calvin" talk. I feel much worse for Andre Johnson's situation then I do Calvin Johnson.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don Hutson obviously

52d829aa90b01.jpg

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead, Calvin is in a system that throws it 60+ times per game and a QB that locks on him on virtually every play. I'd say that negates some of the "poor Calvin" talk. I feel much worse for Andre Johnson's situation then I do Calvin Johnson.

You have a point. (Stafford just chucks shit up to him deep all the damn time.)But several of CJ's "best" games statistically were with Mike McMahon and Drew Stanton at QB.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta go with the playmaker Michael Irvin. He basically had trash for most of his career at the #2 spot and still put up big numbers. He was very clutch and has more rings than moss and carter.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start with Rice No. 1, Moss No. 2 in best WR debate - NFL - ESPN

nfl_rice_moss_hutson_580.jpg

All 10 receivers put up numbers that ranked them among the top producers of their eras. But panelists unanimously discounted raw statistics as a meaningful tool. They explained how changes in the game made the number of receptions less relevant than ever. They placed more value on touchdowns and yards per reception. They also singled out toughness as a leading characteristic of the great ones

An exhaustive analysis of the panelists' rankings, supplemented by more than six hours of interviews, gave New England's Randy Moss a slight edge over Green Bay legend Don Hutson for the second overall spot. Michael Irvin was fourth, followed by Paul Warfield, Charley Taylor, Steve Largent, Cris Carter, Terrell Owens and Marvin Harrison.

You reach a certain point and it's hard to do," said Berry, the NFL's career leader in receptions and receiving yards when he retired from the Baltimore Colts in 1967. "I've seen too many great ones, and it's hard to find a standard."

3. DON HUTSON
Career: Played for Packers from 1935-45. Held 18 NFL records when he retired. Elected to Hall of Fame in 1963.
Quick quote: "Lean and swift, and boy, he could catch the heck out of it." -- Hall of Famer Berry, who studied films of Hutson in detail

5. PAUL WARFIELD
Career: Played for Browns, Dolphins from 1964-77. Averaged 20.1 yards per catch. Elected to Hall of Fame in 1983.
Quick quote: "Warfield was a lot like Charlie Joiner. Every step meant something to those guys. Warfield got into his route and it was like somebody falling off the face of the earth. That's how quick he could be into it." -- Hall of Fame safety Houston

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people are going to throw Don Hutson's name into this, I have to put in my sentimental vote:

raymond-berry-baltimore-colts-autographed-proline-helmet-hof-nfl-champs-inscription-3358905.jpg

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don Hutson dominated his competition like no other. Most say it was a time when the ground game ruled but he held 18 wr records and in his best year his stats were better than the next 3 wr combined. Moss had amazing talent but a bad attitude and was a horrible teammate.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I get called a homer and and a hater of Randy Moss, I would like to say that I loved to watch Randy Moss play and think he's one of the greatest talents to ever exist in any sport. But, Calvin Johnson is the most talented player to ever play WR. Honestly, I think there is no argument in this discussion and if you think otherwise, you are misguided. He's everything Randy Moss was plus more. Now I'll admit that he still needs to produce for another 8 or so years before he's truly there. But in all honesty, right now, Calvin Johnson is the 3rd best athlete in the world behind LeBron James and Floyd Mayweather.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was one of the 3 best players onthe best team in the last 30 years. Talk sense to that....

Ummm no to all of that, he was not one of the three best players on the team and the Cowboys arent the best team of the last 30 years IMO anyhow...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I get called a homer and and a hater of Randy Moss, I would like to say that I loved to watch Randy Moss play and think he's one of the greatest talents to ever exist in any sport. But, Calvin Johnson is the most talented player to ever play WR. Honestly, I think there is no argument in this discussion and if you think otherwise, you are misguided. He's everything Randy Moss was plus more. Now I'll admit that he still needs to produce for another 8 or so years before he's truly there. But in all honesty, right now, Calvin Johnson is the 3rd best athlete in the world behind LeBron James and Floyd Mayweather.

He drops far too many passes to ever top Moss IMO. But the athlete part Im with ya for sure.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He drops far too many passes to ever top Moss IMO. But the athlete part Im with ya for sure.

This is an overreaction. He played injured and couldn't catch the ball like he wanted to last season. That issue will be gone this season.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue has always been there. He's a great player. The best receiver in the game. But he drops too many catchable balls for GOAT lists. (Same goes for TO IMO.). His drops have led to losses, not just last season, but throughout his career. He's great, but far from flawless. (I have a CJ jersey, but my honest opinion is still the same as my homer one.)