• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

22-23 Preseason Megna thread

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is quite the recap...

As bad as that is. The average age of their forwards (if you take away the dinosaur Hornqvist) is just 25 years old.
Then the only thing causing their defense age to raise up is Gudas and Staal.

Essentially they still have a pretty young team, not defending all they did, but it is not like they are the Pens or Caps who are just old and have no hope.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as that is. The average age of their forwards (if you take away the dinosaur Hornqvist) is just 25 years old.
Then the only thing causing their defense age to raise up is Gudas and Staal.

Essentially they still have a pretty young team, not defending all they did, but it is not like they are the Pens or Caps who are just old and have no hope.

The Panthers are still over by the cap by 3 million and change according to capfriendly which means some moves still need to be made. They showed last season they have no problems scoring goals, but keeping them out might be an issue. Also, how much did Tkachuk benefit playing with Johnny Hockey and will he have the same chemistry with Barkov? Florida will be a fun team to watch regardless.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Panthers are still over by the cap by 3 million and change according to capfriendly which means some moves still need to be made. They showed last season they have no problems scoring goals, but keeping them out might be an issue. Also, how much did Tkachuk benefit playing with Johnny Hockey and will he have the same chemistry with Barkov? Florida will be a fun team to watch regardless.

The Pans blew it.

But the better question is what the Flames are going to do with all their RD.

Andersson
Tanev
Weegar

There is only so much ice to go around. Luckily the new and improved Pierre Dorion is here to help you out.

Austin Watson (Sutter type of player!)
Nikita Zaitsev (DJ Smith says he's an elite defender)
2027 2nd round pick

for

Rasmus Andersson

It's OK dash, no need to thank me.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a sense Barkov will keep Tkachuk elevated. He is just that good of a player.

Their defense is still very suspect and if Marc Staal is your improvement, good luck there.
To fix their cap issues if somehow they can move on from Gudas and Hornqvist they can solve that. But I don't see many takers for either.
Well I guess the Flyers could take Gudas back. I bet Couturier will be happy. :)

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pans blew it.

But the better question is what the Flames are going to do with all their RD.

Andersson
Tanev
Weegar

There is only so much ice to go around. Luckily the new and improved Pierre Dorion is here to help you out.

Austin Watson (Sutter type of player!)
Nikita Zaitsev (DJ Smith says he's an elite defender)
2027 2nd round pick

for

Rasmus Andersson

It's OK dash, no need to thank me.

You can keep both Watson and Zaitsev, but I'll take a Josh Norris for Rasmus Andersson.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can keep both Watson and Zaitsev, but I'll take a Josh Norris for Rasmus Andersson.

How-About-No-Bear.jpg

Seriously though the value might not be far off, it's just Norris has fit so well with the current group. If Shane Pinto turns into a true top 6 C, as some think he will, then I'd consider it.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a second, I though PullyourRV was on the trade block - I guess he's just not that attractive.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's the deal with Mike Smith? He played all the way through the playoffs and still has 1 year remaining on his contract, are the Oilers going to circumvent the cap by claiming he's injured? Some shady stuff going on up north.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what's the deal with Sonny Milano? Why hasn't he been signed yet?

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what's the deal with Sonny Milano? Why hasn't he been signed yet?
Because he's not that good and has a terrible attitude?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ NOTE: That is the closest to a laugh I could find of Torts.