• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21 teams have had their QB sacked more than Rodgers so far this season

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just looking at the sack stats to see just how much better the O line is doing this year compared to last year.

We all heard from fans of our conference rivals that the Packers were doomed with a rookie left tackle. The Packer O line sucks, the Packers have no running game so there will be pressure on Rodgers so he will be sacked and hurt. We have heard the Packers defense if as bad as previous years.

It has been fun to see the reality of what has developed and we need to trust those who find the Packer players and develop them. That stat on TV for Sundays game where only 3 players on the Packer team have ever played on a team other than the Packers was amazing. Picket with the Rams, Kuhn had a brief stint with the Steelers and Wallace has played a few other places.

Other than that all home grown and developed. When I watch the games myself if someone goes down I have come to learn to not be all that worried as the Packer depth is very good as we can see right now. We are playing well and still have to get 6 starters back playing again.

This team is improving each week and will be peaking in December at playoff time.

Now to the stats:

Rodgers sacked 17 times with a rookie left tackle who is getting better each week, 21 teams have allowed their QB to be sacked more than that. Last year for the whole season Rodgers was sacked 51 times and only one team Arizona was worse with 58.

There is talk of 2 Packer players being considered for rookie of the year with our running back and left tackle playing well.

The packers are ranked #2 in total offense about 20 yards total behind leading Denver. We are 5th in passing offense and #3 in rushing offense which is amazing compared to the last few years. Nice to be able to control the clock and game and run out the clock at the end of the game.

The Defense is currently ranked 11th with the run defense coming in as the 4th ranked rushing defense and the passing defense is improving after a bad start when San Fran lit the Packers up in week #1 and are now ranked as the 21st passing defense after being near dead last.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But one specific sack can shelve this team for the year....Whether it is 17 times ...5 times...or 30 times...when your entire team revolves around you QB...you have to protect that QB......

The sack in the final seconds of tonight's game. All Four GB O-Linemen were pushed back so far that they were basically surrounding Wallace as he laid on the ground.

The Bears had a usable back-up QB and they kicked GB's ass. If this injury lingers, it is curtains for GB. Too bad Flynn had that ONE good game and got money poured his way. He was good in this system, horrible anywhere else.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the way they get beat and when they get beat. And the run game has helped them this year. I sincerely believe that they need to draft 4 OL this year.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the way they get beat and when they get beat. And the run game has helped them this year. I sincerely believe that they need to draft 4 OL this year.

Maybe not 4, but I can certainly see 2. We have 3 fairly capable OLineman coming back from injury. Jury is out on Sherrod, we'll see, Bulaga is at least adequate, and if he performs like he can, he's pretty good. and Tretter I think has some promise, at least as much as anybody they'd be drafting. So we have some talent on the team now, we just can't use them.

But I agree completely about our oline. IMO, they don't hold their own, the depend on help a lot, and when the don't have it, there seems to be pressure coming from all angles with someone being beaten very badly. If not for getting the ball out quick, or Rodgers being able to elude the rush and step thru a lane to find a receiver and deliver the ball, our oline would look a lot worse to people. They're helped by our running backs and our now injured qb's level of play. The line isn't good, it's a mirage. They lose one on one matchups regularly.