• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Skins Free Agency Thread

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but these guys are still young and can grow. We had to add to the roster.
Or as is often the case in a sport like professional football, won't be given time to "grow" (whatever that means) and summarily replaced by others who are already equipped to do the job that they are hired to do.

The goal every year is to be the last team standing, I don't have the time nor the patience for this shit. Too many people who follow/support this team have fallen into a malaise. It's awfully sad to see so much support for mediocrity!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or as is often the case in a sport like professional football, won't be given time to "grow" (whatever that means) and summarily replaced by others who are already equipped to do the job that they are hired to do.

The goal every year is to be the last team standing, I don't have the time nor the patience for this shit. Too many people who follow/support this team have fallen into a malaise. It's awfully sad to see so much support for mediocrity!

so, if the rookie doesn't be a star in year 1 you just write him off as a bad pick?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're really making my point!

If they constantly field average players because they misjudge talent, then it stands to reason that.. that same misjudgment is at play when they choose to trade down.
i will grant you that but when i am picking and planning i dont do that consistently .

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i am sorry but claiming williams , daniels , maye pennix are somehow the next elevation isnt exactly right either none of those qbs in my judgement are any better then what we have now and just pile on mediocrity

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, if the rookie doesn't be a star in year 1 you just write him off as a bad pick?
No, but he has to show something closely resembling his draft status. The problem in Washington is they don't know what to do with high-end talent to bring that out of a guy. There's a reason for this though and it's because Washington rarely gets high-end talent. (Griffin was the last one) You draft talent sir, the more keenly talented the higher the expectation.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but he has to show something closely resembling his draft status. The problem in Washington is they don't know what to do with high-end talent to bring that out of a guy. There's a reason for this though and it's because Washington rarely gets high-end talent. (Griffin was the last one) You draft talent sir, the more keenly talented the higher the expectation.
Didn't we get Cole turner in that trade down?

He had been poor as well.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any conclusions about washington right now are null and void as we have new leadership even mine . sam has way outplayed his draft status and we act like this is his ceiling . no one can make that call now

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am sorry but claiming williams , daniels , maye pennix are somehow the next elevation isnt exactly right either none of those qbs in my judgement are any better then what we have now and just pile on mediocrity
Good to know that you see Howell as mediocre! At least you're not touting him as the next_ _ _ _ _ _ if he only had blah, blah, blah! As is sometimes the case at least one of those guys ( Williams, Penix, Daniels, Maye) will be drafted into a situation that actually does the things that bring the best out of him. What Washington doesn't want... is to be known as the team that passed on that guy in favor of mediocrity!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any conclusions about washington right now are null and void as we have new leadership even mine . sam has way outplayed his draft status and we act like this is his ceiling . no one can make that call now
I can absolutely make that call now, the shocker is hoping for more if only...

Btw; you've also made that call, Post #84 (Mediocrity)

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dotson, B Rob, and Howell have showed something. Even if you draft high end talent it doesn't mean it's always going to work out. the draft is a crap shoot.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take Stroud for example, I don't think that we've seen him anywhere close to the "star" that his promise foretells, but if there's anyone out there who can genuinely say that the young man hasn't announced his arrival, they're just hatin' (That's what I'm looking for for our team)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dotson, B Rob, and Howell have showed something. Even if you draft high end talent it doesn't mean it's always going to work out. the draft is a crap shoot.
No kidding!
So, am I to take from your post that since high-end talent doesn't mean that it's always going to work out and that the draft is a crap shoot, Washington is therefore the smartest team in the league because they shun high-end talent? C'mon man!!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting stat

McLaurin - catch% per target 58.9% - 3 TDs on 112 targets
Dotson - catch% per target 60% - 4 TDs on 75 targets

Regression?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less than a year Stroud and Howell are separated by less than 100 yards passing, 1 TD passes but Howell has 10 picks. Howell has rushed for 120 more yards and 2 more TD 5 vs 3

How do you assess one is a star and one is average based on that?

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm waiting to see, if, in fact, much changes with this new ownership group. Hope, faith, possibility, or any form of woulda, shoulda coulda aren't staples in my life.
it could turn out to be a total shitshow of dumbo incompetence instead of super villain incompetence this time. time will tell.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a good question for you San Fran gave up multiple picks to draft Trey Lance, he is now in Dallas as a third QB. Purdy aka Mr. Irrelevant is now the 2nd leading QB in the NFL. What does that do to your theory you need a top 5 pick at QB?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I see more people veering away from Howell, now. So I just wanted to lay some things out here that will give everyone a better Idea of what we are looking at.

Would you like to know who is right behind him in interceptions? I'll tell you.

Howell - 15
Allen - 14
Mahomes - 13
Hurts - 12

Do you want to know the differences here? Those other QBs have a top 10 Offensive lines while ours is bottom 5! Surprise! While Philly has a mid ranged defense due to their secondary Bills and Chiefs have top 10 defenses.

Another thing is with Howell is that we seem to forget that Howell is in his first year opposed to those other QBs who have no less than 3 years in the league. I don't hear media or anyone trashing them and saying, are they the future?

So, then, I guess your next reason would be sacks. Well, let's do a little comparison to a 1st round pick, who EVERYONE was just so high on, saying he is going to be the next great QB! Obviously, they are both in their first year starting.

Howell:
Sacks - 59
64.7 completion %
19td
15int
6.7avg
254.9 ypg
83.9 rtg
46.2 QBR
3,568 yards

Bryce Young:
Sacks - 51
Here are the rest of Young's stats
59.4 completion %
9td
9int
5.3 avg
185.5 ypg
72.2 rtg
31.9 QBR
2,359 yards

Couple things here. Why exactly are they not calling for Young's head? Media doesn't trash him or say, "Oh, is Young really the future?" No, and you know why? It's the 1st round label. Everyone would be wrong media, and fans who think they know it all. Everyone would be wrong in their assessments. We can't have that now, can we? I'm not going to sit here and tell you that Young isn't good because his team is pretty much a duplicate of Washington. I just cant seem to understand why exactly Howell gets crucified and Young isn't?

Do you want to know what both of these two do have in common???

You guessed it, bottom 5 Olines and bottom 5 defenses!!!

So, please someone explain to me again, why is Howell not deserving of starting next year? I already know the answer to this, I just want to hear all the haters try to debunk this perfectly logical explanation on Howell's behalf. So, lets hear it!

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I see more people veering away from Howell, now. So I just wanted to lay some things out here that will give everyone a better Idea of what we are looking at.

Would you like to know who is right behind him in interceptions? I'll tell you.

Howell - 15
Allen - 14
Mahomes - 13
Hurts - 12

Do you want to know the differences here? Those other QBs have a top 10 Offensive lines while ours is bottom 5! Surprise! While Philly has a mid ranged defense due to their secondary Bills and Chiefs have top 10 defenses.

Another thing is with Howell is that we seem to forget that Howell is in his first year opposed to those other QBs who have no less than 3 years in the league. I don't hear media or anyone trashing them and saying, are they the future?

So, then, I guess your next reason would be sacks. Well, let's do a little comparison to a 1st round pick, who EVERYONE was just so high on, saying he is going to be the next great QB! Obviously, they are both in their first year starting.

Howell:
Sacks - 59
64.7 completion %
19td
15int
6.7avg
254.9 ypg
83.9 rtg
46.2 QBR
3,568 yards

Bryce Young:
Sacks - 51
Here are the rest of Young's stats
59.4 completion %
9td
9int
5.3 avg
185.5 ypg
72.2 rtg
31.9 QBR
2,359 yards

Couple things here. Why exactly are they not calling for Young's head? Media doesn't trash him or say, "Oh, is Young really the future?" No, and you know why? It's the 1st round label. Everyone would be wrong media, and fans who think they know it all. Everyone would be wrong in their assessments. We can't have that now, can we? I'm not going to sit here and tell you that Young isn't good because his team is pretty much a duplicate of Washington. I just cant seem to understand why exactly Howell gets crucified and Young isn't?

Do you want to know what both of these two do have in common???

You guessed it, bottom 5 Olines and bottom 5 defenses!!!

So, please someone explain to me again, why is Howell not deserving of starting next year? I already know the answer to this, I just want to hear all the haters try to debunk this perfectly logical explanation on Howell's behalf. So, lets hear it!
This is part of the reason I get hesitant to discuss players on the roster. People have their favorites and if you question said player's capabilities or God forbid bring up the mere possibility of upgrading the position he plays you get labeled a hater.

I have said over and over and over that I like Howell. I have said over and over and over that if he balls out the rest of the way, I'm down for taking Harrison Jr.

We will have a top five pick in a good QB draft and some are being labeled haters for not rocking out with the 5th round QB that has lost 8 of 10, and just got benched.

If this post wasn't directed toward me, I apologize. It's all anyone is talking about. It's a major story. It's woth having the discussion/debate. I learned a long time ago to state my opinion on this board and to not bother trying to convince anyone of it.

I'm perfectly fine going MHJ and running it back with Howell. I'm also perfectly fine with drafting a franchise QB with our pick, especially if Howell keeps throwing pick 6s and keeps getting benched.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is part of the reason I get hesitant to discuss players on the roster. People have their favorites and if you question said player's capabilities or God forbid bring up the mere possibility of upgrading the position he plays you get labeled a hater.

I have said over and over and over that I like Howell. I have said over and over and over that if he balls out the rest of the way, I'm down for taking Harrison Jr.

We will have a top five pick in a good QB draft and some are being labeled haters for not rocking out with the 5th round QB that has lost 8 of 10, and just got benched.

If this post wasn't directed toward me, I apologize. It's all anyone is talking about. It's a major story. It's woth having the discussion/debate. I learned a long time ago to state my opinion on this board and to not bother trying to convince anyone of it.

I'm perfectly fine going MHJ and running it back with Howell. I'm also perfectly fine with drafting a franchise QB with our pick, especially if Howell keeps throwing pick 6s and keeps getting benched.
This stuff makes for good forum fodder. My overall take is I am going to hope that Josh rebuilds the front office well and roll with what they do. :D :thumb: