• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Season Schedule

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be released in the coming weeks. We already know the Bronco's opponents:
  • Home: Chiefs, Raiders, Chargers, Browns, Steelers, Colts, Falcons, Panthers.
  • Road: Chiefs, Raiders, Chargers, Ravens, Bengals, Jets, Buccaneers, Saints, Seahawks.
Hoping for a mid year bye and a couple of prime time match ups. Road games at Ravens and Bengals will be tough. I'm planning on traveling home to Colorado for a game this year. Would love to be at Mile High when they take on the Russell Wilson led Steelers.

Any predictions on the schedule? Who will they take on in the home opener? Will the Broncos open at home or on the road?

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone told me it will be released Thursday

The easy call is Steelers with Russ here for the opener.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the schedule is coming out on Thursday the 9th.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone told me it will be released Thursday

The easy call is Steelers with Russ here for the opener.

Because that worked out so well with his first game with the Broncos being in Seattle...

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because that worked out so well with his first game with the Broncos being in Seattle...

Yeah in hindsight, that was the beginning of the end for all of us that thought RW would be the answer we were seeking. Went generally downhill from there....

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought in similar terms - as it turned out the Broncos played one of their best games of the season losing to Seattle that day. Little did we know where it was headed.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought in similar terms - as it turned out the Broncos played one of their best games of the season losing to Seattle that day. Little did we know where it was headed.
I really hope, whatever happens in week 1, it's not a 16-17 loss.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it’s home, I’d prefer Chargers, Browns, Steelers or Colts
If on the road give me Chiefs(ain’t happening), Chargers, Ravens, Bengals

All teams we would be underdogs to. I’d rather play those teams early when they are less likely to be playing well yet.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it’s home, I’d prefer Chargers, Browns, Steelers or Colts
If on the road give me Chiefs(ain’t happening), Chargers, Ravens, Bengals

All teams we would be underdogs to. I’d rather play those teams early when they are less likely to be playing well yet.
I agree. I wish we could get @ Chiefs in week 1. Instead the NFL will probably be back to its fetish-like insistence on putting the Broncos @ Chiefs in December.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I wish we could get @ Chiefs in week 1. Instead the NFL will probably be back to its fetish-like insistence on putting the Broncos @ Chiefs in December.

I doubt it is Broncos/Chiefs to open up. However, the NFL did say the Broncos are one of 3 possibilities right now for the opening Thursday night game. They will want a better team to start the season though, so slim chance.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it is Broncos/Chiefs to open up. However, the NFL did say the Broncos are one of 3 possibilities right now for the opening Thursday night game. They will want a better team to start the season though, so slim chance.

That surprises me they are even in the running. Had the Broncos been a team that actually had been trading blows with the Chiefs over these past few years there would be a more compelling case for it. As it stands right now, it's just not a matchup anyone is likely to care about. I'm guessing the Raven are a far more likely candidate.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That surprises me they are even in the running. Had the Broncos been a team that actually had been trading blows with the Chiefs over these past few years there would be a more compelling case for it. As it stands right now, it's just not a matchup anyone is likely to care about. I'm guessing the Raven are a far more likely candidate.

Careful here. We care about the matchup. :)

Yeah, I give it about a 10% chance. Probably getting a slim thought due to perhaps throwing a division game into the hat as a possibility.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of tough road games. We'll see how things play out. Pretty wild unless you finish 3-3 in division you have to almost run the table outside of ATC west to make the playoffs. At least we reset QB room 25 and beyond while we rebuild.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be a big endorsement of Bo Nix from the NFL if they gave us Broncos-Chiefs to open the season.

I can’t imagine they would consider this if they expected Zach Wilson to start week 1. Wilson isn’t exactly a “prime time” QB…

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of tough road games. We'll see how things play out. Pretty wild unless you finish 3-3 in division you have to almost run the table outside of ATC west to make the playoffs. At least we reset QB room 25 and beyond while we rebuild.

It's definitely a tough schedule. The Broncos will do good to go 3-3 against the AFC West. Let's assume splits on all 3 series with home wins and road losses against all three.

Now let's look at the remaining home slate. I really think they can manage 3-2 against the Browns, Steelers, Colts, Falcons, and Panthers in Denver. I'm not going to predict which ones are wins and which are losses just yet, but that brings us to 6-2 at home.

For the road slate I've already alluded to 0-3 against the AFCW slate. Just for sake of simplicity and realism. From where we sit now, I consider the Ravens and Bengals to be the most stout non-division road games. Let's give both the benefit of the doubt and that brings my projection to 0-5 on the road.

I consider the remains 4 games winnable: Bucs, Saints, Seahawks, and Jets. But I don't know that the Broncos win all 4 so I'll say 3-1 against that segment of the slate. That brings my loose projection to 3-6 on the road.

That's a total of 8-9, a repeat of last year's finish. Of course, every season the Broncos win a game or two I don't think they'll win, and drop a game or two (and more recently, more) that I think were winnable.

So I am thinking 8-9 or 9-8 is where this team is. 9-8 against this slate would be huge. It would also be nice to get back on the right side of .500 even if it wasn't a playoff appearance.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schedule release coming in 4 days. Anxious to see the line up. After five years in Hawaii, I'm definitely coming home to Denver to catch a Broncos game. Hoping I get to see the Steelers or a divisional match up. I'll be bringing aloha and the Mile High salute.