• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NHL Draft Thread

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting a thread for the draft. Hoping the league doesn't go to the three day wait between rounds like they do for the SC finals.

This kind of kills the "skilled but small" detraction on Demidov

There are also reports that he speaks English far better than expected. Will be interested to see where he lands. I've seen him anywhere between 2 and 12.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lindstrom's agent probably rushed him away from the mics after that. Not a good idea to say out loud that your back affected your legs. That's a really bad sign.

Wonder how this affects where he goes.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As tempting as a top 10 prospect is I'd love to see the Devils move that pick for immediate help or even move back for more draft capital (future trade chips). Jack, Bratt, Nico, Mercer, Luke and Nemec are the core and still all young, combined with Seamus Casey ready to go. They can afford to give up a prospect in a win now move.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindstrom's agent probably rushed him away from the mics after that. Not a good idea to say out loud that your back affected your legs. That's a really bad sign.

Wonder how this affects where he goes.

I was able to catch some Tigers playoff games and you could tell that Lindstrom was still not 100% healthy at that time. That said, a guy with his size and skill is a rare commodity, I don't see him dropping much if at all.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was able to catch some Tigers playoff games and you could tell that Lindstrom was still not 100% healthy at that time. That said, a guy with his size and skill is a rare commodity, I don't see him dropping much if at all.

He's a great player but herniated disks tend to, at the very least, linger. Many are just chronic. I have one that is chronic and it flares up from time to time. I can manage it but I certainly couldn't play 82+ NHL games a year. And that is, 100%, the only reason I won't go top 5 this year.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a great player but herniated disks tend to, at the very least, linger. Many are just chronic. I have one that is chronic and it flares up from time to time. I can manage it but I certainly couldn't play 82+ NHL games a year. And that is, 100%, the only reason I won't go top 5 this year.
A lot of Jackets fans are working themselves into a lather about it saying they will be so angry if he gets picked.

It's certainly not ideal, but both Andrei Vasilevskiy and Jack Eichel have recovered from herniated discs. It is possible. Problem is, Jackets medical staff are so bad, I am not sure I would trust them to know how to spot a good prognosis situation. And if Demidov is there, I have a hard time believing that Waddell will pass.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of Jackets fans are working themselves into a lather about it saying they will be so angry if he gets picked.

It's certainly not ideal, but both Andrei Vasilevskiy and Jack Eichel have recovered from herniated discs. It is possible. Problem is, Jackets medical staff are so bad, I am not sure I would trust them to know how to spot a good prognosis situation. And if Demidov is there, I have a hard time believing that Waddell will pass.

I'm a huge fan of Lindstrom and I would bet he'll have a long career. He might have to manage pain, and/or, require surgery though.

Demidov is looking like he has a chance to be the best player from this draft. Don't @ me Sharks fans!!

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eichel’s disc was up high(neck). If Lindstrom’s caused sciatica, then it’s low like L5-S1. That is the disc that ruptured on me 10 years ago and after surgery was good to go. My surgeon also operated on Titans players and said he had done similar surgeries on them. Said it did not negatively impact their careers, fwiw

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't happen, but if Lindstrom is still on the board when it's Conroy's turn at the podium, if he chooses someone else, I'm driving to Calgary to kick some butt lol

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't happen, but if Lindstrom is still on the board when it's Conroy's turn at the podium, if he chooses someone else, I'm driving to Calgary to kick some butt lol

So you'd take Cayden over Tij?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I think the Habs are taking Tij and it's going to be a moot point.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I think the Habs are taking Tij and it's going to be a moot point.

I think Lindstrom goes before Tij. It's a really interesting draft this year. From 2 to about 12 could go any number of ways.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top 15 rankings (which will change by tomorrow most likely):

1. Celebrini
2. Demidov
3. Levshunov
4. Lindstrom
5. Buium
6. Dickinson
7. Sennecke
8. Silayev
9. Iginla
10. Parekh
11. Helenius
12. Catton
13. Solberg (late riser)
14. Yakemchuk
15. Connelly (I wouldn't draft but someone will gamble that his talent outweighs his fuckwittery)

Come at me bros!!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a huge fan of Lindstrom and I would bet he'll have a long career. He might have to manage pain, and/or, require surgery though.

Demidov is looking like he has a chance to be the best player from this draft. Don't @ me Sharks fans!!
Some on Twitter want the Jackets to trade up to guarantee Demidov. It feels like both Anaheim and Chicago will want/need defense, although Chicago needs everything. I personally would love to see the Jackets get Lindstrom for two reasons - 1) He's a Center, and we don't have good ones and 2) He's huge with a mean streak. Demidov would be a fine choice, but you have to remember he is dominating, but a lower league. Michkov dominated the top Russian league and he fell last year. Just feels like Lindstrom is the better choice overall. The kind that we might look back on as a huge fail if we miss on him, as is Jackets tradition.
Eichel’s disc was up high(neck). If Lindstrom’s caused sciatica, then it’s low like L5-S1. That is the disc that ruptured on me 10 years ago and after surgery was good to go. My surgeon also operated on Titans players and said he had done similar surgeries on them. Said it did not negatively impact their careers, fwiw
Fair point on Eichel. But Vasy's was Lumbar region and he recovered quite well.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliott Friedman said last night that the next three days may be the most active he has seen .. I still can't believe they release the Boston trade before game 7

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliott Friedman said last night that the next three days may be the most active he has seen .. I still can't believe they release the Boston trade before game 7

I still can't believe we're still playing hockey on June 24th in a non-lockout year. It's almost as if the guy who's running the league has lost some speed on his fastball.