• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NFL Draft discussion thread

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't compare him to Mahomes - I think he compares to Drew Brees in his QB game. I think Rattler gets a bad rap as a QB - as a person - I'd have to find a way to find out if he is a dick or not.
Drew Brees is an all time great, 2nd leading passer ever and probably the most accurate QB ever. If Rattler accomplishes half of what Brees did it would be a shock.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Brees is an all time great, 2nd leading passer ever and probably the most accurate QB ever. If Rattler accomplishes half of what Brees did it would be a shock.
I agree with that - my reference to Brees and the connection I see to Rattle is that both are fairly short - can threaten to run and throw on the run - and hits the passing game with high percentage of completions. Importantly, as well - I would say is the ability to carry out the deceptions in Payton's attack and can salvage a play with a downfield completion after the original play breaks down.

The guy most ready to perform in that offense with the Broncos - IMO - is Bo Nix, but in the 3rd round Rattler best fits the description in my book. Like everyone else - I have be found wrong about QBs in the past and a few times correct. But we process what we have in front of us and make a call. That's how I roll. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Brees in Rattler at all. Besides height maybe.

Again, I could be wrong. I haven't watched a lot of Rattler at Oklahoma and SC and he really has not impressed me.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB Michael Penix on the meeting with the Broncos:

They were tough, man. They were tough. They pulled up a lot of bad plays. But it's good because, at the next level, it's hard. It's hard to win, and I understand that. And I feel like, in a way, they were probably trying to see how I reacted to those bad plays. To see if I could take accountability and stuff like that. I'm always going to do that. I'm always going to put others before me, and I'm going to be honest about everything.”

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite player in the draft Xavier Worthy ran a 4.21..

Like I have been saying... PLEASE don't end up a Chief... This one should help make that harder. :)

So now I have to worry about Troy Franklin.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite player in the draft Xavier Worthy ran a 4.21..

Like I have been saying... PLEASE don't end up a Chief... This one should help make that harder. :)

So now I have to worry about Troy Franklin.
I honestly don't think Franklin ends up on the Chiefs. He seems a little raw as a prospect and doesn't have the best hands.

Coleman, Burton, and Pearsall seem like players I think KC will target. Just not sure where. Maybe Worthy and McConkey. Hard to see Worthy falling, though

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I don't see Franklin ending up on KC either. I am just saying. He is one of my favorite players in this draft and that is just my luck. I would think the most likely Chiefs WR would be Worthy (which they will have to move up for) Coleman (who I think they will have to move up for), Adonai Mitchell, Roman Wilson and Ricky Pearson.

I think Franklin or Coleman would be a perfect fit for Buffalo.

Random Flashback
Remember, back in the day I said Kadarius Toney would be a dangerous WR on the Chiefs and you didn't think it would happen, it didn't happen, then it did happen and then he didn't turn out very dangerous for them after looking dangerous for them early on. ;)

Rollercoaster moment. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pearsall is going to go higher the the common fan thinks... The guy is super athletic and dependable... Combined with crazy catching ability and toughness.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I don't see Franklin ending up on KC either. I am just saying. He is one of my favorite players in this draft and that is just my luck. I would think the most likely Chiefs WR would be Worthy (which they will have to move up for) Coleman (who I think they will have to move up for), Adonai Mitchell, Roman Wilson and Ricky Pearson.

I think Franklin or Coleman would be a perfect fit for Buffalo.

Random Flashback
Remember, back in the day I said Kadarius Toney would be a dangerous WR on the Chiefs and you didn't think it would happen, it didn't happen, then it did happen and then he didn't turn out very dangerous for them after looking dangerous for them early on. ;)

Rollercoaster moment. ;)
I don't think Toney trade happens if Skyy Moore was competent. But yeah, full circle. There were flashes with Toney but zero concentration. Not sure we'll see many prospects like him.

FWIW, I think Pearsall will go somewhere mid to late rd2

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Toney trade happens if Skyy Moore was competent. But yeah, full circle. There were flashes with Toney but zero concentration. Not sure we'll see many prospects like him.

FWIW, I think Pearsall will go somewhere mid to late rd2

Agree on Pearsall.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a pretty loaded WR draft for sure and the Broncos could use some help there. Brian Thomas Jr. my be my favorite. At his size to run a 4.33 is really impressive and he had a ton of clutch catches for LSU this season.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a pretty loaded WR draft for sure and the Broncos could use some help there. Brian Thomas Jr. my be my favorite. At his size to run a 4.33 is really impressive and he had a ton of clutch catches for LSU this season.
I was just salivating over him as a prospect today.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the draft.
Joe Biden Shock GIF by GIPHY News