• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 New England Patriots - News and Rumors

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He offered Brady $18M because he knew that he was not going to stay in NE. Brady asked Kraft for 2/$50 guaranteed and BB said "NO".

Belichick's ego overruled his common sense. He wanted Brady gone and Brady wanted out. The only way he would have stayed would have been if Kraft fired Belichick. The fantasy had run it's 20 year story and neither wanted the other. Belichick proved he couldn't do it without Brady at the end and he nearly destroyed the franchise.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He offered Brady $18M because he knew that he was not going to stay in NE. Brady asked Kraft for 2/$50 guaranteed and BB said "NO".

Belichick's ego overruled his common sense. He wanted Brady gone and Brady wanted out. The only way he would have stayed would have been if Kraft fired Belichick. The fantasy had run it's 20 year story and neither wanted the other. Belichick proved he couldn't do it without Brady at the end and he nearly destroyed the franchise.
Sure.

Can you provide a link to that? Because I got $23mil/year and $8 mil sign on bonus on top of the $28 mil sign on bonus he got the year before. 23+8=31 which is more than 25...

And Tom said on "The Man in the Arena" that he never opened the offer Bill made after 2019.

So please provide a link.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So please provide a link.
I can't. Discussions on multiple television programs all over Boston.
If you watched Dynasty, Brady and BB were not talking after 2018. Kraft had always let BB
make the final football decisions if he disagreed. He was paying him $27M a year to do it.

I started bitching about BB back in 2019 and took a pile of shit for it. None of us know with 100% certainty
what actually happened behind the closed doors in Gillette. In my gut, I don't think Brady was ever offered any contract
after everything I've seen and read since. From the Brady side, it looks like he told Kraft he was gone at the beginning of 2019.
If Kraft had some nutz back then, he would have fired BB and kept TB. I don't have any answers as to who he should have or could have hired, but the horror show that the Patriots experienced would never have happened.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you watched Dynasty, Brady and BB were not talking after 2018.
I have not. Everywhere I read it's a big anti Bill hit job. To the point where now even Kraft has stepped forward to say he is disappointed with the outcome. Wes Welker and Danny Amendola are the only ones who have not back tracked. But they had beefs with Bill from the Get go. Wes didn't like being disciplined for talking out of school and Danny didn't like incentive based contracts because he was fragile.
Brady became a princess.
I started bitching about BB back in 2013 and took a pile of shit for it. None of us know with 100% certainty
what actually happened behind the closed doors in Gillette.
You've been bitching about Bill for a LONG time.
In my gut, I don't think Brady was ever offered any contract
Why would he say it then? On a series about himself, starring himself and produced by himself ?
From the Brady side, it looks like he told Kraft he was gone at the beginning of 2019.
If Kraft had some nutz back then, he would have fired BB and kept TB. I don't have any answers as to who he should have or could have hired, but the horror show that the Patriots experienced would never have happened.
Yeah, Kraft probably regrets letting Brady walk. So he undermined Bill. Bill has been a numbers guy for ever. He said early on, he never wanted to get caught without a QB. He wanted a good QB in the wings when it was time. Princess Brady got but hurt by being treated as an equal and a mere mortal. So he torched the place on his way out.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RUMOR:

Cody Benjamin of CBS Sports.

Baltimore Ravens are discussing a trade with the New England Patriots. Supposedly they are offering 2024 first round and fourth round (#30 & #190) for Matthew Judon. They lost their best pass rusher to free agency. Jadevon Clowney is still unsigned.

Can't find anything from the Boston area to counter or confirm.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RUMOR:

Baltimore Ravens are discussing a trade with the New England Patriots. Supposedly they are offering 2024 first round and fourth round (#30 & #190) for Matthew Judon. They lost their best pass rusher to free agency. Jadevon Clowney is still unsigned.

First I'd say no to this deal if it isn't just a rumor. Judon is one of the bright spots on this team. Great teamate. Let's see what he still has left and if positive, resign him after the season. Pass rushers are hard to come by. I haven't heard anything about him requesting a new contract.

Oh then there is this:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Edge rusher Jadeveon Clowney can't wait to bring to his hometown Carolina Panthers the prove-it mode he has been in since his falling-out with the Cleveland Browns at the end of the 2022 season.

The three-time Pro Bowl selection from nearby Rock Hill, South Carolina, on Wednesday signed a two-year, $20 million deal with the Panthers that could reach up to $24 million with incentives based on sacks.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh then there is this:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Edge rusher Jadeveon Clowney can't wait to bring to his hometown Carolina Panthers the prove-it mode he has been in since his falling-out with the Cleveland Browns at the end of the 2022 season.

The three-time Pro Bowl selection from nearby Rock Hill, South Carolina, on Wednesday signed a two-year, $20 million deal with the Panthers that could reach up to $24 million with incentives based on sacks.
I'm glad the Patriots' front office didn't do anything like. He's what, 36?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RUMOR:

I'm notoriously tight, no?
I would not do this because he is already equivalent to this - no added benefit

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade Judon for a 1st and a 4th in e heartbeat. He’s in his 30’s. Coming off an early season ending injury. Yes… he’s a very good locker room guy. No doubt. But all he does is get a sack here and there. He’s a liability in the run game. How did the defense play without him for most of last season? Pretty damn good. Those 2 picks could help bolster our offense and really help a rookie QB out. Pick 30 will still get us a solid WR or OT.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade Judon for a 1st and a 4th in e heartbeat. He’s in his 30’s. Coming off an early season ending injury. Yes… he’s a very good locker room guy. No doubt. But all he does is get a sack here and there. He’s a liability in the run game. How did the defense play without him for most of last season? Pretty damn good. Those 2 picks could help bolster our offense and really help a rookie QB out. Pick 30 will still get us a solid WR or OT.
If NE has no plan of trading out of the 3rd spot, then I'd could see where some may want to do this? Can't have 3 first round picks all due their 2nd contracts come due at the same time (assuming those players even pan out). In your scenario that has to be the belief that they will pan out. Otherwise why trade a proven vet, who had his two best seasons in 21/22 with NE and looked like he was going to have another in 23. The injury shouldn't be a concern as he's had a year to rehab and unlike leg injuries, most of these injuries don't nag on.

Judon is hired to get to the QB which he has proven to do as a Patriot. As for a run defender, he's not a liability. Not sure where you got that from? He's quick enough to set the edge and can get to the sideline, unlike many of our past DEs and OLBs. If he has a fault it is probably his judgement. He does get caught out of position on occassion. Then who doesn't? A rookie most certainly will.

Sorry but no way am I trading Judon this season. Guess that's why GMs get paid the big bucks and lose their jobs over bad decisions. Luckily we can just have differences of opinions with zero reprocussions except the maybe "I told you so".

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this. We are rebuilding take this deal now

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RUMOR:

suck my dick middle finger GIF

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMG_3707.jpeg

I guess Judon “liked” a tweet about being traded to the Ravens. I stated earlier I’m definitely down with this. We are rebuilding. He’s getting old and I’m sure wants to play for a contender. Trade him.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 358847

I guess Judon “liked” a tweet about being traded to the Ravens. I stated earlier I’m definitely down with this. We are rebuilding. He’s getting old and I’m sure wants to play for a contender. Trade him.
I can't blame him, and it could help the team in the long run. I don't remember the details of the trade it seemed excessive, but again if it helps this team in the long run I am okay.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 358847

Wow, things must change quickly? Yesterday or the day before Judon was saying he wanted to end his career in NE. Things that make you go hmmm.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOLY SHIT RUMOR!!!!!!!!

According to Albert Breer of the Athletic...............................

Sources have told him that the Raiders have jumped into the fray for the #3.

Unconfirmed sources have said that the Raiders are dangling #13, #77(3rd) and All Pro DE Max Crosby for the #3.

As I stated, he said that he could not confirm anything. Raiders want any of the top three QBs.

THOUGHTS?????????????????????????????????