• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 New England Patriots - News and Rumors

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Done Deal.

Pats are amping up on the offensive side of the ball with regards to coaching.

I only hope this translates in FA success and better drafting of players not to mention on field execution.

And this.

So my question is...Why are the Patriots becoming Green Bay East when it comes to front office? what is this now? 5?? What was Green Bays success? did I miss something because last I remember, Green bay hadn't been to a Super Bowl since...2011? 2012?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my question is...Why are the Patriots becoming Green Bay East when it comes to front office? what is this now? 5?? What was Green Bays success? did I miss something because last I remember, Green bay hadn't been to a Super Bowl since...2011? 2012?
The Boston media is bitching about the same thing. Every one of them is complaining about everything, even Mayo. They all are competing against each other for our approval. WHY? Because Mayo and his crew as well as the Groh and Wolfe have stopped talking to any of them. So they've decided to turn against the Patriots' coaching staff. Only the smart ones are beginning to see the light.
Curran, Perry ad Giles have started turning their negativity around and are now starting to be more "reasonable" about what's been going on.

Quote Curran. "From the people that I've talked with, it appears that some of them saw nothing as far as the Patriots' offense was concerned and didn't think that they could salvage the mess. Van Pelt apparently has a plan. A plan I'm sure that he will not share with 'us'."

Just from that, I think people told him that they didn't want to take the slimmest chance of trying to fix this offense. I've often said that fear is the greatest motivator. It's also the greatest reason of denial.

Not one Boston media type thinks that the Patriots will be better than 6-11 or 7-10. If Van Pelt can get his pieces in place, my guess is 9-8 or 10-7 and a Wildcard. I've been as negative as anyone, but I think this guy is going to do a miracle turnaround in 2024.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Boston media is bitching about the same thing. Every one of them is complaining about everything, even Mayo. They all are competing against each other for our approval. WHY? Because Mayo and his crew as well as the Groh and Wolfe have stopped talking to any of them. So they've decided to turn against the Patriots' coaching staff. Only the smart ones are beginning to see the light.
Curran, Perry ad Giles have started turning their negativity around and are now starting to be more "reasonable" about what's been going on.

Quote Curran. "From the people that I've talked with, it appears that some of them saw nothing as far as the Patriots' offense was concerned and didn't think that they could salvage the mess. Van Pelt apparently has a plan. A plan I'm sure that he will not share with 'us'."

Just from that, I think people told him that they didn't want to take the slimmest chance of trying to fix this offense. I've often said that fear is the greatest motivator. It's also the greatest reason of denial.

Not one Boston media type thinks that the Patriots will be better than 6-11 or 7-10. If Van Pelt can get his pieces in place, my guess is 9-8 or 10-7 and a Wildcard. I've been as negative as anyone, but I think this guy is going to do a miracle turnaround in 2024.
This I like.
Evidently McGoo is a QB evaluator. And a good one. Or he's been lucky a few times.

If he's good, will we draft this year? or wait for someone he feels is worth it?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This I like.
Evidently McGoo is a QB evaluator. And a good one. Or he's been lucky a few times.

If he's good, will we draft this year? or wait for someone he feels is worth it?

New England fans that were clamoring for change have gotten their wish even if Mayo comes from within.

By all accounts this will be a totally different team than the past 20 plus years. Sad, scary, and exciting all at the same time.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New England fans that were clamoring for change have gotten their wish even if Mayo comes from within.

By all accounts this will be a totally different team than the past 20 plus years. Sad, scary, and exciting all at the same time.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a time to grow up and there is a time to let go.
Time to move on my friend, from those old, used to be's
Mayfield is 28 and Fields is 25, not quite old, used to be's.

And Brady just never seemed to get 'that' old.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kinda digging all these coaching hires.
Because of Wolfe's familiarity with some of them when he was at Green Bay he seems to have Johnathan Kraft's ear. Groh has always been in NE and that could be moving him down when it comes to having outside connections. I have to agree with you. The ass't. coaches will be a big difference. Both Covington and Van Pelt will have bigger staffs than we've seen in the past.