• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 New England Patriots - News and Rumors

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And those two QBs were also flops before they got surrounded by quality talent, and still have not gotten a team to the promise land. There are no guarentees on any player at any time. But if you are offering me Cousins or Mayfield with no talent at WR I say no. If you are bringing in the pass catching talent then leave me Mac and draft a rookie and an OT.
Which is why I say go after Baker, Evans, Higgins, And a couple O lineman. Whoever signs first checks that box that you don't need to draft.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'll say about college QBs is that Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, Mac Jones, Trevor Lawrence and Trey lance were all considered can't miss three years ago. I'd rather sign a known quantity than get another Mac Jones and waste three more years before hoping to get another shot at a flop. Cousins wants a $40M min contract. Too much for my blood. Not sure how crazy TB will be trying to resign Mayfield but I'd certainly like to see what Van Pelt can do with him and couple of new WRs. He got the Bucs back in the playoffs, might be able to do it here.
Who considered Mac can't miss? My recollection truly had Lawrence as can't miss, Wilson and Lance as "high ceiling", Fields as mobile and tested and Mac as a proven game manager.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think we will be getting the free agent WR’s we are hoping for.

I’ve read the Colts and Bengals might give the franchise tags to Pittman and Higgins. Why in the world would an aging Evan’s want to play for a rebuilding Patriots team? Unless we severely overpay for him.

I see us maybe getting a Ridley or Mooney type of WR.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, stressful for sure, but we are used to the abuse, lately. Nowhere to go but up.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’ve read the Colts and Bengals might give the franchise tags to Pittman and Higgins. Why in the world would an aging Evan’s want to play for a rebuilding Patriots team? Unless we severely overpay for him.

Looking like that, which makes it a lot more fun than the garbage we’ve been watching past few years. Have a feeling Mayo could inject some youth to the team. No high expectations here, probably 2-3 seasons to be competitive again.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we draft a QB that excites people it's possible free agents might want to come to NE and be part of the rebuild.

It's not like we don't have some really good players right now. A few more might combined with the excitement of a new up and coming head coach make it an attractive destination.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like we don't have some really good players right now. A few more might combined with the excitement of a new up and coming head coach make it an attractive destination.

In all honesty, who are some of our really good players? On offense we have Onwenu who’s a free agent and might not be back. Gonzalez and Judon coming off injuries. Judon is getting older and might be more valuable to trade since we aren’t close to being relevant yet. We don’t have a single player on offense or defense who is a top 10 player for their position. New coaches…. I wouldn’t want to come to New England unless I was way overpaid. What good veteran would want to play here for a rookie QB?

Our team just isn’t very good. We don’t have good players. I know the pro bowl doesn’t mean much. But we didn’t have a single player there. Not even as an alternate. Players know we aren’t good. Fans know we aren’t good. I personally just don’t see anyone wanting to be here unfortunately.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, who are some of our really good players? On offense we have Onwenu who’s a free agent and might not be back. Gonzalez and Judon coming off injuries. Judon is getting older and might be more valuable to trade since we aren’t close to being relevant yet. We don’t have a single player on offense or defense who is a top 10 player for their position. New coaches…. I wouldn’t want to come to New England unless I was way overpaid. What good veteran would want to play here for a rookie QB?

Our team just isn’t very good. We don’t have good players. I know the pro bowl doesn’t mean much. But we didn’t have a single player there. Not even as an alternate. Players know we aren’t good. Fans know we aren’t good. I personally just don’t see anyone wanting to be here unfortunately.
I agree. We may have to overpay one or two FAs. I'm ok with that. Hope we can retain a couple of our own like Onwenu, Dugger and maybe Henry? I think that depends on $ and their feeling towards Maybe and the BB tree gone? Then pray to hit on a few draft picks. Can't afford to screw up #3 whether we select a player or trade it.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who considered Mac can't miss? My recollection truly had Lawrence as can't miss, Wilson and Lance as "high ceiling", Fields as mobile and tested and Mac as a proven game manager.
And Lawrence has taken 3 years to win anything, never mind a deep playoff run.
Wilson is looking at the first floor ceiling while sitting on the basement floor, Lance has entered a new building at the basement level, from the service entrance.
Fields may be testing his mobility right off the team and Jones has managed to prove he isn't a gamer.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Soo...Nobody will play for the Pats? You've got to try.
Try to sign top flight receivers and O Lineman and QB.

Then draft to fill what holes are still open.

We can only draft so many and the goal is to fill holes, not patch them.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soo...Nobody will play for the Pats? You've got to try.
Try to sign top flight receivers and O Lineman and QB.

Then draft to fill what holes are still open.

We can only draft so many and the goal is to fill holes, not patch them.

I’m not saying nobody will sign with us. I just don’t think any of the top free agent WR’s will. Not many good free agents on offense this year. Lots of quality defensive guys. Especially edge rushers which we definitely could use. Some good CB’s and safeties too.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. We may have to overpay one or two FAs. I'm ok with that. Hope we can retain a couple of our own like Onwenu, Dugger and maybe Henry? I think that depends on $ and their feeling towards Maybe and the BB tree gone? Then pray to hit on a few draft picks. Can't afford to screw up #3 whether we select a player or trade it.
I meant to write feelings toward Mayo

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CASH.

WRs are all about the money

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not saying nobody will sign with us. I just don’t think any of the top free agent WR’s will. Not many good free agents on offense this year. Lots of quality defensive guys. Especially edge rushers which we definitely could use. Some good CB’s and safeties too.
Precisely why I say make offers to everyone that is top tier while we have the money.
If a WR signs, draft a QB. If a QB signs, double dip at WR in the draft, etc etc.

It would be wise for Cincy to resign Higgins. It would be wise for Tampa to sign both Mayfield and Evans.

If they don't we gotta be ready.

Like I'm pulling the trigger...

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Precisely why I say make offers to everyone that is top tier while we have the money.
If a WR signs, draft a QB. If a QB signs, double dip at WR in the draft, etc etc.

It would be wise for Cincy to resign Higgins. It would be wise for Tampa to sign both Mayfield and Evans.

If they don't we gotta be ready.

Like I'm pulling the trigger...
The Pats could look at Calvin Ridley and Michael Thomas, Evans and Higgins would be nice but cost a lot.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'll say about college QBs is that Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, Mac Jones, Trevor Lawrence and Trey lance were all considered can't miss three years ago. I'd rather sign a known quantity than get another Mac Jones and waste three more years before hoping to get another shot at a flop. Cousins wants a $40M min contract. Too much for my blood. Not sure how crazy TB will be trying to resign Mayfield but I'd certainly like to see what Van Pelt can do with him and couple of new WRs. He got the Bucs back in the playoffs, might be able to do it here.
So, take the old guy?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Done Deal.

Pats are amping up on the offensive side of the ball with regards to coaching.

I only hope this translates in FA success and better drafting of players not to mention on field execution.