• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 New England Patriots - News and Rumors

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we're trading with the Vikings for Cousins. Or maybe we're not.

We're also trading up to the #1 pick and taking Williams. Or maybe we're not.

Or maybe sitting tight and taking Maye or Daniels with #3. Or maybe not.
Same as every year. Or maybe not.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the exact opposite but will pee my pants with joy if either name is called on draft night.

I have no interest in Williams.
I just have a feeling that they don't want any of the three.

Maye is being compared to Justin Herbert as far as size and skills. Problem is that he'll throw three laser darts and the fourth will end up 9 rows deep in the stands and he can't explain why.

Daniels is being compared to a cross between Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen. He has the size, speed and arm. Yet he has brain dead stretches where he exposes himself to vicious hits or stupid runs.

I can't explain why, but I have this feeling that they are going to draft Penix in the second round. Just a very cold tingle in my spine.

I'll predict right now.........................If they stay at #3..................Marvin Harrison Jr.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maye is being compared to Justin Herbert as far as size and skills. Problem is that he'll throw three laser darts and the fourth will end up 9 rows deep in the stands and he can't explain why.

Daniels is being compared to a cross between Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen. He has the size, speed and arm. Yet he has brain dead stretches where he exposes himself to vicious hits or stupid runs.

I can't explain why, but I have this feeling that they are going to draft Penix in the second round. Just a very cold tingle in my spine.

I'll predict right now.........................If they stay at #3..................Marvin Harrison Jr.

Should we get some kind of online wager going? Your "feeling" about Penix may have something to do with you wanting the Pats to draft him? I'll admit that about Daniels for me.

I'm sticking with Daniels at #3. If there's anything Kraft knows it's that you need a franchise QB leading your team and none of the free agents that might be available qualify as that IMO and the other rookies further down the board, including Penix, are developmental prospects.

Daniels has the potential to be a franchise QB.

As does Maye.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the exact opposite but will pee my pants with joy if either name is called on draft night.

I have no interest in Williams.
I like Daniles a lol and he had success in the SEC, but I would love to see 5 to 10 pounds of muscle added on

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why take a WR when we need a QB? I hope they aren't buying a name because I like Nabers more than MHJ

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should we get some kind of online wager going? Your "feeling" about Penix may have something to do with you wanting the Pats to draft him? I'll admit that about Daniels for me.

I'm sticking with Daniels at #3. If there's anything Kraft knows it's that you need a franchise QB leading your team and none of the free agents that might be available qualify as that IMO and the other rookies further down the board, including Penix, are developmental prospects.

Daniels has the potential to be a franchise QB.

As does Maye.
My worry is if Maye and Daniels go one and two, I don't want Williams at that point I am taking OT.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My worry is if Maye and Daniels go one and two, I don't want Williams at that point I am taking OT.

I would agree with that though I don't know if the Pats do. Williams reeks of "bust" IMO.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Show me anything that says: he'll throw three laser darts and the fourth will end up 9 rows deep in the stands""

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me anything that says: he'll throw three laser darts and the fourth will end up 9 rows deep in the stands""
They were showing him last night and how pin point his accuracy was and then they showed a couple of unbelievable throws over the heads of the WR by ten or twelve feet. And the comment was, "Mayer will throw three laser like passes and then put one nine rows deep in the stands. He doesn't even know why it happens." (paraphrase). The argument about him was on BST.

As far as who I like, I said for about the past month and a half that I like Nix. I can't argue against the negatives but I think he's smart, makes good decisions and has played the kind of QB that will put him in the same place as Herbert or Allen. Can he take any team to the Super Bowl and win? I don't know. The 49ers have a great team and Purdy doesn't appear to have what it takes to get them over the top. Allen has had most of the pieces and can't get there. None of the six top QBs in this draft look anything like Mahomes. So drafting any of them is not going to get you or anyone else past the Chiefs.

I'd rather pay Mayfield $30M a year and build a team that will protect him and give him some help and start a real search for another CJ Stroud. He's going to be the guy that will crush Mahomes in a year or two.

IMO, spending the #3 on any QB will be a waste if this team doesn't franchise Owenu and sign Jonah Williams.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers have a great team and Purdy doesn't appear to have what it takes to get them over the top.
Purdy didn't Fumble.
Purdy didn't muff a punt.
Purdy didn't get called for 4 false starts and two offensive holding penalties, 3 in the first quarter when they were really building momentum and three in the fourth quarter when they were trying to come back.
Purdy didn't miss a PAT.

Just saying.

It's a team sport.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather pay Mayfield $30M a year and build a team that will protect him and give him some help and start a real search for another CJ Stroud. He's going to be the guy that will crush Mahomes in a year or two.

IMO, spending the #3 on any QB will be a waste if this team doesn't franchise Owenu and sign Jonah Williams.
Mayfield and Evans were not extended.
Bring them in and sign MHJ too. Go Oline as much as possible after that.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we have all talked about this at length. We cannot predict the draft until we complete the FA period. Personally I would prefer the complete opposite, FA grab a WR or two then draft a QB

This is where I'm at as well. Franchise QB for the next 10 plus years hopefully form the draft. WR's will come and go. A franchise QB will basically run your offense for you once he's settled into it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peter King announced that he was retiring after more than 40 years writing for Sports Illustrated.

Today Peter King is on NFL Network and says that a close friend of his in the Bears front office told him that the Bears are trading the #1 pick to who ever gives them the best offer. Caleb Williams does not want to play in Chicago.

The NFL Combine has turned into a madhouse for not only the #1 pick, but the #3 pick because it's believed that the Commanders are taking Jayden Daniels and that leaves Williams and Maye. If someone trades for the #1, like maybe the Raiders? Williams will go #1 and Daniels #2 leaving the Patriots with Derick Maye who had his picture taken with Daniel Jones of the Giants and is as tall if not slightly taller and has a bigger frame. He apparently is the same size as Josh Allen.

Maye was on a pod cast yesterday and had a quote that made things tingle in New England. "It would be great to play for the Patriots. I know everyone would be comparing me to Tom Brady and I welcome that." Did this kid just say that he wanted to play in New England? Did he just tell other teams not to bother drafting him?

Maye is now #1 on my pick list. Do not trade that pick.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peter King announced that he was retiring after more than 40 years writing for Sports Illustrated.

Today Peter King is on NFL Network and says that a close friend of his in the Bears front office told him that the Bears are trading the #1 pick to who ever gives them the best offer. Caleb Williams does not want to play in Chicago.

The NFL Combine has turned into a madhouse for not only the #1 pick, but the #3 pick because it's believed that the Commanders are taking Jayden Daniels and that leaves Williams and Maye. If someone trades for the #1, like maybe the Raiders? Williams will go #1 and Daniels #2 leaving the Patriots with Derick Maye who had his picture taken with Daniel Jones of the Giants and is as tall if not slightly taller and has a bigger frame. He apparently is the same size as Josh Allen.

Maye was on a pod cast yesterday and had a quote that made things tingle in New England. "It would be great to play for the Patriots. I know everyone would be comparing me to Tom Brady and I welcome that." Did this kid just say that he wanted to play in New England? Did he just tell other teams not to bother drafting him?

Maye is now #1 on my pick list. Do not trade that pick.

I'd happily welcome Maye onto the team. But of course he's going to say positive things about the teams that might draft him.