• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Draft

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t really matter what happens in the draft tonight, as the Jazz are already winners.

I know, no charges, innocent before proven guilty, but I don’t want these guys on our team. We have gone so many decades of never winning a championship, what’s the difference? No need to sign idiots who won’t make or break our team. Even if they were the missing piece, I wouldn’t want them. And it’s not just because of the subject matter, it’s that neither got anything for what they did. (If they didn’t do it, then show me other then “were you there?”)

Yes, I’m aware, neither did Karl Malone and I liked him on our team. So double standard, typical of me when it comes to sports, but going forward, I don’t want to get anyone that I don’t already have on our team after they do something criminal. I know that leaves room for someone already on the team doing something bad and I won’t support them, but it’s not like we are going to get that guy, we would just need to release him, trade him, or let his contract expire.

Edit: I crossed the wrong Bridge, sorry Mikal! Good job getting to a contender and your Ironman Streak! I totally know he frequents this board. ;)

Last edited:

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t really matter what happens in the draft tonight, as the Jazz are already winners.

I know, no charges, innocent before proven guilty, but I don’t want these guys on our team. We have gone so many decades of never winning a championship, what’s the difference? No need to sign idiots who won’t make or break our team. Even if they were the missing piece, I wouldn’t want them. And it’s not just because of the subject matter, it’s that neither got anything for what they did. (If they didn’t do it, then show me other then “were you there?”)

Yes, I’m aware, neither did Karl Malone and I liked him on our team. So double standard, typical of me when it comes to sports, but going forward, I don’t want to get anyone that I don’t already have on our team after they do something criminal. I know that leaves room for someone already on the team doing something bad and I won’t support them, but it’s not like we are going to get that guy, we would just need to release him, trade him, or let his contract expire.
Wrong Bridges. Mikal has no legal issues, you are thinking Miles.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong Bridges. Mikal has no legal issues, you are thinking Miles.

Sorry, Mikal! Thank you for correcting me, I do like his Ironman Streak I have read about on Twitter. I kind of rooted for the Knicks a bit this year in the playoffs, so knowing they are Milesless will make me not root against them.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, a positive of not getting Giddey on the team is that it avoids our Twitter team from overusing his name in a pun to say that we are happy (Giddey with delight) like they kept on doing with Kris Dunn (Dunn deal).

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, a positive of not getting Giddey on the team is that it avoids our Twitter team from overusing his name in a pun to say that we are happy (Giddey with delight) like they kept on doing with Kris Dunn (Dunn deal).
The Twitter team needs to be getting thrown pies in the their faces when they do things like that.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, Mikal! Thank you for correcting me, I do like his Ironman Streak I have read about on Twitter. I kind of rooted for the Knicks a bit this year in the playoffs, so knowing they are Milesless will make me not root against them.
Don't you remember these posts?

Is there a profanity filter on here? If so, that's shitty.

Don't look at the Xenforo preview, actually click on the link and read the post it directs you to.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Edit: I crossed the wrong Bridge, sorry Mikal! Good job getting to a contender and your Ironman Streak! I totally know he frequents this board. ;)
Miles is a repeat offender too. Because he's a repeat offender, I think he'll do something to make himself unavailable, again.

What year did news first come out, about Malone's sexual relationship with minors? I was aware in the early 2000s that Malone was the father of a Detroit Shock champion, Cheryl Ford, in 2003. But info about the age at which Ford's mom, Bonita Ford, became pregnant, wasn't out yet.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you remember these posts?

Is there a profanity filter on here? If so, that's shitty.

Don't look at the Xenforo preview, actually click on the link and read the post it directs you to.

Playing 83 games since one team traded you mid-year is not the same as 500 in a row. I have not fact checked that, just read it on Twitter. And I mistook Mikel for Miles so I clearly don’t know what I am talking about.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you do.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miles is a repeat offender too. Because he's a repeat offender, I think he'll do something to make himself unavailable, again.

What year did news first come out, about Malone's sexual relationship with minors? I was aware in the early 2000s that Malone was the father of a Detroit Shock champion, Cheryl Ford, in 2003. But info about the age at which Ford's mom, Bonita Ford, became pregnant, wasn't out yet.

I think it was known, he just disputed it until the 2000’s. And one can figure it out by doing math. And I wouldn’t call it minors. It was a minor who had twins. Not that it makes it OK, but it’s not like he had stashes of child p*rn and other stuff. One could argue that what he did after the news was worse itself because it made two twins fatherless and unloved and denied. You can’t have consent at the age the mother got pregnant, and just because one could do it violently but didn’t (assuming), doesn’t make it OK. I feel not having a father is worse.

Less controversially, it would be better to say that it made it worse by not owning up to it. But I think criminally and civilly, he denied it. I think that if he thought he was in the clear, maybe he would’ve chosen to be a distant father? That’s neither here nor there, I know that I wouldn’t give any forgiving thoughts if that happened to my kids.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing 83 games since one team traded you mid-year is not the same as 500 in a row. I have not fact checked that, just read it on Twitter. And I mistook Mikel for Miles so I clearly don’t know what I am talking about.
You always shortchange him. More than 500.

He hasn't missed a game since his junior year of high school.

474 NBA games.

116 college games.

I can't figure out how many games he played in high school each year, or how many consecutive after the one he missed.

Or why he missed it.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was two minors because two mothers.

Gloria Bell, who was 12 when pregnant, 13 when she gave birth.

And Bonita Ford, who had twins. Both Malone and Ford were 17. I am OK with this one, they were both criminals, but this one happens a lot.

In 2003, I only knew about Cheryl Ford, but not what age her mom gave birth. So the math was not possible because the mom's name and age were kept out of the reports. The articles only talked about Karl and his daughter.

And I had no idea about his other child with Bell.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems he's more involved with those kids now, so that is good now.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was two minors because two mothers.

Gloria Bell, who was 12 when pregnant, 13 when she gave birth.

And Bonita Ford, who had twins. Both Malone and Ford were 17. I am OK with this one, they were both criminals, but this one happens a lot.

In 2003, I only knew about Cheryl Ford, but not what age her mom gave birth. So the math was not possible because the mom's name and age were kept out of the reports. The articles only talked about Karl and his daughter.

And I had no idea about his other child with Bell.

This is starting to belong to the Real Life Sucks Thread, The Jazz Are The Worst Team in Sports Thread, The Lowlights Thread, The Whiners Always Prosper Thread, The Utah Jazz Trivia Thread, The Why Didn’t Nuraman00 Tell Me Malone Was an Illegitimate Father to Three Children Thread, or The Karl Malone Thread.

I didn’t realize that Ford and Bell kids were not brother and sister from the same mother. I thought Bonita Ford was 13 and had twins. I didn’t know it was three kids. No one blames him that they got pregnant (like a drunk driver for driving poorly is blamed for drinking and then driving) but rather that he had intercourse with them and was nonexistent. The parents of Gloria probably didn’t want him around but did want him to admit and pay.

It seems he's more involved with those kids now, so that is good now.

I think having one with a 12/13 year old makes one forget or move past the 17 year old (yes, both were).

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in 2003, again, I only knew that Malone had a daughter, I didn't know she was even a twin. None of the reports said anything about the mother, or her age. It only came out because she was playing in the WNBA Finals for the Detroit Shock. The Shock would win the championship.

Many years later, more details emerged, like the Gloria Bell's age. But I didn't realize Gloria Bell was someone different than Bonita Ford. Not even sure their names were revealed, just the age of the one that was younger. I hadn't known Gloria Bell was someone different than the person that gave birth to Cheryl Ford.

With all of that said, it might not be as simple as Malone just didn't try to make an effort with his kids. We've never really heard from neither Malone, nor the moms, directly. The moms could have resented Malone for getting pregnant. They could have used the kids as a weapon against Malone. They could have always badmouthed Malone around their kids, making it difficult for Malone to be around the kids. The parents of the mom could have hated Malone, making it difficult for Malone to be around the kids. They could have told lies about Malone.

They could have made false legal claims about Malone. I know someone who tried to claim she was the primary caretaker of the kid, and not the dad. But in reality, the dad had been, for a recent stretch. He then had to show a bunch of receipts which showed that he, indeed was the primary caretaker. He had receipts for groceries, some child development stuff, etc. She had unexpectedly made the claim first, so it was up to him to then counter that with his receipts.

That doesn't seem likely for Malone's case, but just providing an example of how sometimes kids are used in false claims.

Despite all of that happened, it seems like Malone has a better relationship with the moms now, as well as his kids. So, I am glad that the family life is in a better state now.

Again, it could have been as simple as Malone didn't try, or it could have been very difficult to have communication with the moms and kids, because they didn't help make a more welcoming environment. Or the parents were another obstacle. Maybe once the kids became adults, it was easier to interact with them, because the moms weren't always around.

I am not sure why Malone got with someone even younger, in Gloria Bell, after Bonita Ford. It's not that he got someone pregnant again, but that he got someone so much younger, which would have probably even been a more uncomfortable situation than the previous Bonita Ford had been.

I don't know what it was like in the early 80s, and whether age of consent, and statutory r*pe, were discussed, in all parts of the USA. I don't know whether it was emphasized, and what the consequences were, where he grew up.

The 17 year old thing with Bonita Ford doesn't bother me, because that happens in every high school around the world, and it's not going to stop. People of high school age are going to have sex and get pregnant, even if the age of consent is 18 in that area (although some places around the world have it younger).

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like the Jazz to try and get two first round picks, and get Zach Edey and Tyler Kolek. They need a center, they need a PG.

These guys look the most promising, in that range.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting picks so far, but that was to be expected.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Holland, if his steals and deflections can translate.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Spurs got the player, Stephon Castle, that I heard the Jazz were going to get and maybe thought to trade up. I don’t really believe it because there’s so many rumors. he no doubt will be turn out great. And now they traded with Toronto to get the 8th pick, the one that we were going to get if we didn’t lose two spots. This one will also turn out well. I’m not saying our player won’t, it’s just that I feel that the spurs get lucky, develop well, etc. And yes, I know the trade with Toronto was not lucky. It was just a trade. Yes, I’m jealous/envious. ;)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said Jazz get Edey, not Grizzlies!