• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Draft

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen a few names mentioned in relation to the Giants, though I have low confidence in any of these names…

Cam Caminiti (Ken’s cousin, not his son)
Nick Kurtz
Kash Mayfield
Carson Benge (2-way player)
Theo Gillen
I either misread that or the relationship was reported incorrectly.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are on the clock, and everyone we have mentioned, except Kurtz and Moore are still available.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And James Tibbs it is!

From mlb.com:
"After an all-state career at Pope High School in Georgia, Tibbs headed to Florida State for college ball. He's done nothing but hit with the Seminoles, with a combined 1.066 OPS over his first two seasons, including hitting 17 homers and slugging .682 as a sophomore in 2023. He put himself even more on the Draft map by continuing to rake with a wood bat, hitting .303/.390/.472 with six homers in the Cape Cod League over the summer, then vaulted into the first-round landscape with a huge junior campaign. It will be Tibbs' bat that gets him drafted in the first few rounds. The left-handed hitter is confident and smart at the plate, with an approach he's improved over his time at Florida State, cutting his strikeout rate and upping his walk rate considerably from his freshman to his sophomore seasons, and even more so this spring. He punishes fastballs and has been showing the ability to get to his average power and drive the ball to all fields, though he's struggled more with breaking stuff in the past. Tibbs is likely limited to left field at the next level because he is a below-average runner and some wonder if he might have a possible home at first base, a spot he saw considerable time at with the Seminoles a year ago. There might be more floor than ceiling here, but there's enough bat to think he could be the first Florida State hitter to go in the top two rounds since the Reds took catcher Mat Nelson No. 35 overall in 2021."

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most draftable players use a readshirt season still, don’t they?
The Cubs took a guy with a redshirt year - Cam Smith. You can tell because he is reported as a 4YR SO, and sophomores at a 4 year college cannot be drafted their sophomore year, unless they redshirted a year or two prior.