• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 draft prospect thread

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have said we arent getting williams and the bears arent trading the pick . i think we are fine with maye or daniels but i like daniels better . maye or daniels will thrive in KK 's system

wouldnt Daniels fit better with KK? Not taking anything away from maye

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lord dean they both will be fine . hell maye plays in the same system for god's sake as did howell . and daniels has the skill set to do it

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, just like Shuler and Dilfer with Norv Turner and Casserly. The HC won out there. I said if Johnson was the HC hire, we would lean toward Maye b/c of the skillset of the offense Johnson runs. Now that KK is calling the plays it leans towards Daniels. Just my opinion. The question is what draft grade Peters has on Maye and Daniels. Do you compare this to Tua and Hebert? Tua had the great Wr's in college like Daniels had and Maye is being compared to Herbert. So, we know that Tua got drafted over Herbert. Does Daniels get drafted over Maye?
In an earlier post, I compared Maye to Carson Palmer and I'm sticking to that comparison. what I purposely omitted was the other side of that comparison and it's Mitch Tribusky. People, more importantly, Peters will be enamored with Maye's size and the hope that he'll come around skill-wise. I won't disagree with you on the Daniels- Johnson matchup or the possible Kingsbury- Daniels matchup but I'm pretty sure that Peter's will operate on fear when selecting Maye, who will be the choice no matter who the HC is or might have been.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lord dean they both will be fine . hell maye plays in the same system for god's sake as did howell . and daniels has the skill set to do it

true but Daniels is the better athlete

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an earlier post, I compared Maye to Carson Palmer and I'm sticking to that comparison. what I purposely omitted was the other side of that comparison and it's Mitch Tribusky. People, more importantly, Peters will be enamored with Maye's size and the hope that he'll come around skill-wise. I won't disagree with you on the Daniels- Johnson matchup or the possible Kingsbury- Daniels matchup but I'm pretty sure that Peter's will operate on fear when selecting Maye, who will be the choice no matter who the HC is or might have been.

hiring KK as the play caller gave Daniels better odds of being the #2 pick if you ask me.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so ? both will thrive in the system and maye is a better athlete then you think

yes but not like Daniels in the running dept. Did you have Tua ahead of Herbert in your draft rankings back then?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hiring KK as the play caller gave Daniels better odds of being the #2 pick if you ask me.
Ok, I completely respect your POV!
I am interested in knowing why you believe it. Care to share your thoughts on this?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes but not like Daniels in the running dept. Did you have Tua ahead of Herbert in your draft rankings back then?
Being a slightly better athlete doesn’t mean you are a better fit for the offense . Maye has experience in the offense while Daniel’s doesn’t

That being said I think both will fit in fine

I had Herbert over Tua but that means nothing in this conversation

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I completely respect your POV!
I am interested in knowing why you believe it. Care to share your thoughts on this?

offensive fit. His running ability fits KK offense like a Kyler Murray who KK took #1 overall.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a slightly better athlete doesn’t mean you are a better fit for the offense . Maye has experience in the offense while Daniel’s doesn’t

That being said I think both will fit in fine

I had Herbert over Tua but that means nothing in this conversation

im comparing that Tua had great Wr's in college like Daniels had last year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wouldnt Daniels fit better with KK? Not taking anything away from maye
One other thing about "Fit" schematically fit generally means how one would mesh into a set system or scheme, but there's another consideration at play here, and that's how well one player or players fit and/or play well with others. This translates into being able to execute plays with a certain degree of efficiency or as we all know failing to do so witnessed in both Turner's and EB's offenses.

Here's how I see them all working out with what we currently have personnel-wise.

Williams...
in the pocket won't necessarily make the team better, but his off-script excellence makes them more dangerous because he extends the life of plays and that could translate into better production.

Daniels... Is a game-changer, he makes everyone around him better especially in the run game because of his dual-threat capabilities and he's a terrific passer.

Maye... Good passer and can run when necessary. He fits into systems and doesn't elevate others but will be reliant upon more skilled players to make him effective. Think of Josh Allen before he got Diggs or to a lesser degree Tua before they added Hill and Waddle or Hurts before A.J. Brown.

AND FOR ALL OF YOU TRADE DOWN FOLKS...

Penix...
Probably the most skilled passer in the draft, he going to do well no matter where he's drafted but as we all know you have to protect him. Not known as a runner he can move if necessary but, that's not his forte. While he does not have those intangibles that elevate the play of others, his ball placement will make offenses more efficient as long as his targets can hold on to the ball.

Nix... He's an intriguing prospect, in that I'm not sure if we will get Auburn Nix or Oregon Nix (Yes I'm making the "good Rex/ bad Rex" reference) When he's good he's really good and when he's bad he's really bad. If he can maintain the consistency that he displayed while at Oregon, some team is going to get a QB who they can rely on year in and year out. Championship level of play??? I don't think so unless he's in a Purdy sort of setup.

AND I'm ADDING THIS GUY FOR THOSE INTERESTED...

J.J. McCarthy...
This is Kirk Cousins 2.0 and if the Vikings are looking for an almost duplicate, younger, less expensive copy this is their guy. He'll be efficient but limited, and when forced to play against defenses that take away his primary weapon or they don't have a featured run game he struggles. He'd be a very poor fit in Washington

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So JJ McCarthy is going to pass for 39,000 yards and 270 TDs and counting? Not bad.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand Trotter could fit in DQ's defense. His defense uses a lot of what they call simulated rushes so that you disguise who is coming. It could be the front 4, it could be three of DLine and a LBer or even DB and you drop a DLineman. He looks like he has great speed which Quinn would love.