• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 draft prospect thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports the Bears want “historic compensation” for the No. 1 overall pick in the 2024 NFL Draft.
    According to Rapoport, one source told him the trade offer “would have to be ‘crazy’” for the Bears to consider moving the No. 1 overall pick, which was acquired from the Panthers last season in a trade that sent the No. 1 overall pick to the Panthers so they could draft Bryce Young. While the Bears still have Justin Fields on the roster, this is perhaps the best indicator that they are eyeing Caleb Williams in this year’s draft. Long considered to be the top quarterback of the 2024 draft class, Williams would effectively take the place of Fields, making him an asset the Bears could move in exchange for more picks before the start of the season.
    19m ago
    Source: NFL.com

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is interesting. Lets see what the rumors are coming out of the combine.
Daniels is a better athlete than maye and everyone knows that. No way Maye could have had 1,000 rushing yards in the SEC.

One can argue who the better qb is, but as an athlete, daniels is better and the combine should prove that if they take the same tests.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports the Bears want “historic compensation” for the No. 1 overall pick in the 2024 NFL Draft.
    According to Rapoport, one source told him the trade offer “would have to be ‘crazy’” for the Bears to consider moving the No. 1 overall pick, which was acquired from the Panthers last season in a trade that sent the No. 1 overall pick to the Panthers so they could draft Bryce Young. While the Bears still have Justin Fields on the roster, this is perhaps the best indicator that they are eyeing Caleb Williams in this year’s draft. Long considered to be the top quarterback of the 2024 draft class, Williams would effectively take the place of Fields, making him an asset the Bears could move in exchange for more picks before the start of the season.
    19m ago

I am beginning to think that it's not happening.
The bears are a bad team and simply trying to drum up interest in a trade.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
    19m ago

I'm pretty certain the Bears want to draft Caleb, but this is the type of story you leak when you want teams to know you are willing to listen and you want to see what you COULD get.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniels is a better athlete than maye and everyone knows that. No way Maye could have had 1,000 rushing yards in the SEC.

One can argue who the better qb is, but as an athlete, daniels is better and the combine should prove that if they take the same tests.

I agree with you that Daniels is he better athlete. but who is the better Qb that will fit KK's system? Im leaning towards Daniels right now b/c of KK. If Maye is the better QB overall than that is where Peters will step in.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty certain the Bears want to draft Caleb, but this is the type of story you leak when you want teams to know you are willing to listen and you want to see what you COULD get.

I dont think the bears are getting historic compensation.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think the bears are getting historic compensation.
Probably, but what I took from that story is the Bears are saying "we'll answer the phone."

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably, but what I took from that story is the Bears are saying "we'll answer the phone."

then why say historic compensation? That tells me they dont want to answer the phone.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then why say historic compensation? That tells me they dont want to answer the phone.
Myabe so. Either way, I knew it would take a lot. The conversation starts with 2025 #1.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is interesting. Lets see what the rumors are coming out of the combine.
This is exactly what I spoke about in my very early assessments. People will be enamored with his (Maye's) physical stature, but listening to them talk about his skillset is minimized or couched in with a line to two about his size. I have concerns about Williams's height, but the best way to evaluate these QB prospects IMO comes by weighing their skills more heavily than physical attributes. Not that height and weight aren't also factors, they are important but you have to take people as they are and not what you wish them to be.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly what I spoke about in my very early assessments. People will be enamored with his (Maye's) physical stature, but listening to them talk about his skillset is minimized or couched in with a line to two about his size. I have concerns about Williams's height, but the best way to evaluate these QB prospects IMO comes by weighing their skills more heavily than physical attributes. Not that height and weight aren't also factors, they are important but you have to take people as they are and not what you wish them to be.

agree. Who do you feel on what QB fits KK's offense the best? Never mind the physical traits.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you that Daniels is he better athlete. but who is the better Qb that will fit KK's system? Im leaning towards Daniels right now b/c of KK. If Maye is the better QB overall than that is where Peters will step in.
Based on the recent hire of Dan Quinn, I believe that Washington will pick Drake Maye with the #2 draft pick now that the coaching staff is almost complete.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree. Who do you feel on what QB fits KK's offense the best? Never mind the physical traits.
Caleb William best fits Kingsbury but he (KK) won't be making the selection. The best overall QB in this draft remains Daniels IMO, but Washington will go conservative, select Maye, and once again miss on the franchise QB lottery.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb William best fits Kingsbury but he (KK) won't be making the selection. The best overall QB in this draft remains Daniels IMO, but Washington will go conservative, select Maye, and once again miss on the franchise QB lottery.

lol interesting. If Johnson was the HC do you still believe they pick Maye at #2?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol interesting. If Johnson was the HC do you still believe they pick Maye at #2?
Absolutely! This is a big draft for Adam Peters too and he's going to take the least risk available and that means Maye. One other thing, had they hired Johnson, the fight over which QB to select would have caused a major rift between the two.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely! This is a big draft for Adam Peters too and he's going to take the least risk available and that means Maye. One other thing, had they hired Johnson, the fight over which QB to select would have caused a major rift between the two.

Right, just like Shuler and Dilfer with Norv Turner and Casserly. The HC won out there. I said if Johnson was the HC hire, we would lean toward Maye b/c of the skillset of the offense Johnson runs. Now that KK is calling the plays it leans towards Daniels. Just my opinion. The question is what draft grade Peters has on Maye and Daniels. Do you compare this to Tua and Hebert? Tua had the great Wr's in college like Daniels had and Maye is being compared to Herbert. So, we know that Tua got drafted over Herbert. Does Daniels get drafted over Maye?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have said we arent getting williams and the bears arent trading the pick . i think we are fine with maye or daniels but i like daniels better . maye or daniels will thrive in KK 's system