• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 draft prospect thread

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orlavsky called Maye .... Big Ben

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Chicago takes MHJr, and both Williams and Daniels are available, I'd take Daniels and perhaps trade with the Patriots then take whichever is still available.
My personal ranking...
1. Daniels
2. Williams
3. Penix
4. Trade for Fields If Chicago takes a QB
5. Flip a coin between Maye and Nix
6. Flip a coin between Rattler and Travis
7. M. Pratt
8. J. Milton
9. McCarthy
10. Plummer

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to think these mad scientists are in the lab considering every possible scenario to improve this team. Heck, that's what they are getting paid for. I trust they turn every stone over in an effort to do so. If it means moving heaven and earth, trading away a core player like Allen or McLaurin for draft capital, I expect them to do that. I believe a few sneaky moves will happen on draft day.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is possible. You have to let DQ talk with Allen.

As mentioned these writers job is to look into every avenue and not care what shit they stirrup. Only a few people actually report anymore. The rest are looking for click bait and sensational story.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is possible. You have to let DQ talk with Allen.

As mentioned these writers job is to look into every avenue and not care what shit they stirrup. Only a few people actually report anymore. The rest are looking for click bait and sensational story.
I wish more people on this forum understood that. Beat reporters are all about the clicks. accuracy is secondary. Here’s the other thing. All they really do is interview one another. Consequently, the same rumors get spread around and eventually reported as fact by someone who needs clicks.
of course this is not just limited to sports reporting. This is pretty much standard operating procedure for mainstream media nowadays.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few years ago this board had a long discussion about sources , particularly un named ones and how valid the story is . It’s about clicks not real reporting .

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few years ago this board had a long discussion about sources , particularly un named ones and how valid the story is . It’s about clicks not real reporting .
I remember being part of that conversation and if memory serves me well a lot of it was about "clicks" if a reader didn't like the particular writer or slant and substantive reliable reporting if the reader favored the writer and pov.
Fortunately, or unfortunately, we are now inundated with news stories and sources from quarters previously unavailable, expressly, 24 hour news, P2V tv, and social media forums and sources.
To me the question has always not been about choosing sides, liking this writer/reporter, or whether there was a favorable/unfavorable acceptance of a pov, but more about an ever increasing populace that's unwilling and/or unable to employ tools, specifically, discernment and comparative research, previously used by people who relied upon radio, television, and print media as their sources of information.

Btw; @dad and @Niner Outlaw, this was going to be that follow up previously promised but as time moved on it seemed as if the moment had passed. My apologies!

Last edited:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish more people on this forum understood that. Beat reporters are all about the clicks. accuracy is secondary. Here’s the other thing. All they really do is interview one another. Consequently, the same rumors get spread around and eventually reported as fact by someone who needs clicks.
of course this is not just limited to sports reporting. This is pretty much standard operating procedure for mainstream media nowadays.
I would have to agree with your sentiments JY. I would think most people here know this already. I was merely sharing an article since Allen's name has been mentioned several times in trade talks. Personally, let's start over (since we are) and gain more draft capital.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash