• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 draft prospect thread

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is just me BUT i think Caleb is still legit, his numbers and tape are solid.
I was actually hoping Penix would have played better just because it helps us later on if someone reaches in the draft.
I couldn't get on board based on his injury history. Caleb has shown some immaturity this year, but most kids in their 20's that have been put on a pedestal do

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont judge on one game . look gameI didn't watch the game last night!
It's unwise to throw away a year or two of research on one game. I know why Penix and Washington struggled last night but right now it would most likely be seen as excuse-making.

this is just me BUT i think Caleb is still legit, his numbers and tape are solid.
I was actually hoping Penix would have played better just because it helps us later on if someone reaches in the draft.
I couldn't get on board based on his injury history. Caleb has shown some immaturity this year, but most kids in their 20's that have been put on a pedestal do

Almost the same response to you sir!
There have been some of us tracking this class of QBs for years. Caleb is still number one in this draft by almost everyone who has focused on the group. As for me, nothing has changed, even if you include Penix after last night's game.

1. Williams (although I disagree)

2. Daniels (my personal #1 especially for the Commanders Williams #2)

3. Penix (Still an Assassin and still and will perform better against professional defenses than he did last night, once he's in a professional offense.)

4. Maye (There's more to playing QB beyond being a big guy. He's 6'4"/ 230 and he's had an off year.)
5. Nix
( Note the distance between 4 and 5)
6. Travis
(Again distance between 5 and 6,7,8)
7. Ewers
8. Sanders
9. Rattler
10. Slovis

McCarthy
Doesn't make my top-ten list but my suggestion to the Minnesota Vikings is this, If you're comfortable with the Kirk Cousins type, he's worth looking at.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The things you need to succeed as a pro qb , be the adult in the room , don’t be weird , don’t have baggage . You will get a Haskins with immaturity. Leaders arent immature. The nfl isn’t a psychology experiment. I question anyone who isn’t self aware and falls into the pedestal BS because it goes back to maturity . If you feel you are entitled to things then you have too much to learn . Successful qbs have conquered this

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unwise to throw away a year or two of research on one game. I know why Penix and Washington struggled last night but right now it would most likely be seen as excuse-making.

Almost the same response to you sir!
There have been some of us tracking this class of QBs for years. Caleb is still number one in this draft by almost everyone who has focused on the group. As for me, nothing has changed, even if you include Penix after last night's game.

1. Williams (although I disagree)

2. Daniels (my personal #1 especially for the Commanders Williams #2)

3. Penix (Still an Assassin and still and will perform better against professional defenses than he did last night, once he's in a professional offense.)

4. Maye (There's more to playing QB beyond being a big guy. He's 6'4"/ 230 and he's had an off year.)
5. Nix
( Note the distance between 4 and 5)
6. Travis
(Again distance between 5 and 6,7,8)
7. Ewers
8. Sanders
9. Rattler
10. Slovis

McCarthy
Doesn't make my top-ten list but my suggestion to the Minnesota Vikings is this, If you're comfortable with the Kirk Cousins type, he's worth looking at.

Sty, not sure if you were hesitant to say it, so i will....penix didn't just break down, the play calling and o line did as well. However, it concerned me that he simply started forcing the ball to his #1 missing some big plays

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Caleb. I recognize there is a bust factor there, but his ceiling is probably the highest of the bunch.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty, not sure if you were hesitant to say it, so i will....penix didn't just break down, the play calling and o line did as well. However, it concerned me that he simply started forcing the ball to his #1 missing some big plays
I don't disagree with any of that, however (since you opened that door) The Washington Huskies faced something that no (zero) college teams had to deal with unless they were playing against Michigan... A designed NFL-level defense! Penix will be fine once he's learned the intricacies of the NFL offense.

Besides Harbaugh's NFL experience, there's

Defensive Coordinator, Jesse Minter...​

Minter has stints in the NFL...

Baltimore Ravens- 2017-18 (defensive assistant), 2019 (assistant defensive backs coach), 2020 (defensive backs coach)

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Caleb. I recognize there is a bust factor there, but his ceiling is probably the highest of the bunch.
Caleb , thoughts about him aside , will not be there for us .

Look at this logically if he is as good as advertised the bears will deal fields and reset the 5 yr window .
They drafted trubisky over Mahomes , they can’t pass on Williams

They will not entertain trades , they are picking their “ mahomes”

Our choice looks to be between Maye. And Daniel’s for our day one starter . Williams is Andrew Luck for us and we are stuck with RG 3 ( Maye/Daniels )

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb , thoughts about him aside , will not be there for us .

Look at this logically if he is as good as advertised the bears will deal fields and reset the 5 yr window .
They drafted trubisky over Mahomes , they can’t pass on Williams

They will not entertain trades , they are picking their “ mahomes”

Our choice looks to be between Maye. And Daniel’s for our day one starter . Williams is Andrew Luck for us and we are stuck with RG 3 ( Maye/Daniels )
Probably right.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hopw they take a look at him in the mid rounds. Don't see Gibson wanting to be here next year.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice!!

The few mocks I posted this year had Blake Corum in them.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice!!

The few mocks I posted this year had Blake Corum in them.
It's time we found our Chris Thompson replacement. I like Blake too. Both Michigan RBs are usually there around the mid rounds with Lloyd. Lloyd just seems to have that burst.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with any of that, however (since you opened that door) The Washington Huskies faced something that no (zero) college teams had to deal with unless they were playing against Michigan... A designed NFL-level defense! Penix will be fine once he's learned the intricacies of the NFL offense.

Baltimore Ravens- 2017-18 (defensive assistant), 2019 (assistant defensive backs coach), 2020 (defensive backs coach)

Interesting, i didn't know that. I can't remember your take on his injury history but is that a concern to you if we traded down and picked him?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So that means he wouldn't play well against NFL defenses with even better players. What QB has succeeded in the NFL while ducking while throwing.?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, i didn't know that. I can't remember your take on his injury history but is that a concern to you if we traded down and picked him?
Well, I'm not in favor of trading down for at least the next 3-4 drafts. This team has gone for too long without elite/ game-changing players. So, trading down is not an option for me.

Two years ago I had some concerns about his injuries, however, the corrections, and his hard work have seemingly made them a thing of the past. He hasn't been hurt in two years and there's been no other reason to be concerned about them. Hopefully, we'll get more from the NFL draft combine.

dmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my memory serves me correctly, Penix was beginning to breakout his last year at Indiana before getting hurt. He transferred to UW and had an impressive campaign last year and this season I thought he was phenomenal. One bad game and now the so-called pundits are reticent about his ability; I find this very amusing. Ultimately, I think the interview process for the “Fab 4” QB prospects will be paramount. I would definitely pause if a prospect had all the talent in the world but lousy character. Just my 2 cents.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am running around like a chicken with it's head cut off this morning but Junkies had a PFF guy who said he has Williams and Maye rated higher than Joe Burrow. :noidea:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is PFF and I don't believe everything they say.