• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 draft prospect thread

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats what I've been saying what to do with our extra picks. 7 OTs could go round 1.
I think RT and a Guard/Center must come via free agency.

LT and a Guard/Center must come via the draft.

I dont care who the qb is: fields, maye, williams, daniels, etc.

If they get no protection, we are in trouble.
Leno and Gates being released indicates to me that OLine changes are coming.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think RT and a Guard/Center must come via free agency.

LT and a Guard/Center must come via the draft.

I dont care who the qb is: fields, maye, williams, daniels, etc.

If they get no protection, we are in trouble.
Leno and Gates being released indicates to me that OLine changes are coming.

If we sign Smith in FA and Draft Morgan with a trade up in the late first, its a nice start. Move Wyle to LG and have Stromberg at Center.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats what I've been saying what to do with our extra picks. 7 OTs could go round 1.
Morgan or someone else slipping would be ideal. Keeping my fingers crossed that the Skins can add Legette and or Worthy in the 2nd. Worthy probably doesn't make it out of the 1st now.

Chop and Darius might be there. JaTavion had a so so shuttle, so he should be there as well.

Good value at the top of the 2nd. That's why I want to add Tyron Smith on a short big deal.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we sign Smith in FA and Draft Morgan with a trade up in the late first, its a nice start. Move Wyle to LG and have Stromberg at Center.
Not sure about Stomberg, but I wouldn't be mad at the rest.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This can't be topped. Other than different names at the position. This is an elite mock.
The friendly competition side of me will try to top something that can't be topped lol
Appreciate that! Lol

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morgan or someone else slipping would be ideal. Keeping my fingers crossed that the Skins can add Legette and or Worthy in the 2nd. Worthy probably doesn't make it out of the 1st now.

Chop and Darius might be there. JaTavion had a so so shuttle, so he should be there as well.

Good value at the top of the 2nd. That's why I want to add Tyron Smith on a short big deal.
There are a few good RT options I feel in free agency.
LT..not really.

I think free agency is huge this year. Not the money, but the strategy. In other words, free agency will set-up the draft I feel. Holes not covered, will need to be addressed in the draft.
We can't fix everything in an offseason, but we have said that for 20 years now. I believe that is true to a point.
I would like to see an effort to do as much damage as possible.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have to give him a shot. cant give up on the 3rd round pick already.
True...but he wad a rivera selection so I highly doubt the new front office have him graded or evaluated the same as Rivera did.

Not saying he needs to be cut just because Rivera drafted him, but i would not count on the 2023 class to do much moving forward in general.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True...but he wad a rivera selection so I highly doubt the new front office have him graded or evaluated the same as Rivera did.

Not saying he needs to be cut just because Rivera drafted him, but i would not count on the 2023 class to do much moving forward in general.

i would count on Forbes, Martin, and Stromberg starting this year. Henry could be a rotational DE maybe start if we strike out in FA and the draft. A Rod being a backup RB. Not saying they will be all pros, but they will get an opportunity this year. Just my opinion.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have to give him a shot. cant give up on the 3rd round pick already.
I'm sure he'll get a shot, but he should not be plan A, B, and C. We need a vet. A rookie QB is probably going to need that.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a few good RT options I feel in free agency.
LT..not really.

I think free agency is huge this year. Not the money, but the strategy. In other words, free agency will set-up the draft I feel. Holes not covered, will need to be addressed in the draft.
We can't fix everything in an offseason, but we have said that for 20 years now. I believe that is true to a point.
I would like to see an effort to do as much damage as possible.
I think Smith makes a lot of sense. He probably wants to sign with a contender, but signing him opens up our draft and we can go LT early next year.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would count on Forbes, Martin, and Stromberg starting this year. Henry could be a rotational DE maybe start if we strike out in FA and the draft. A Rod being a backup RB. Not saying they will be all pros, but they will get an opportunity this year. Just my opinion.
Henry flashed.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he'll get a shot, but he should not be plan A, B, and C. We need a vet. A rookie QB is probably going to need that.

true bring in a vet center. But i don't see us going Center in the 2nd round.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Stromberg only starts if he beats out all competition. I dont think he should be penciled in as a starter simply based off his draft pick status. The 3 you mentioned were all high draft picks. Out of the 3, Martin played. Forbes will need to beat out all other CBs. Bottom line, I think draft position should be ignored and best player start.

For stromberg, as a guard, maybe it works. At center, nope.
However, if we go in with a rookie and bring back 3 out of 5 starters, we are in trouble. Cosmi was good, but Wylie was a disaster.
Stromberg got hurt obviously but didn't do anything out of the ordinary in my opinion.

In other words, only replacing 2 OLinemen would be a mistake as it's the weakest part of the team. We can't grab 5 new starters, but stromberg and Wylie don't exactly give me confidence.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Smith makes a lot of sense. He probably wants to sign with a contender, but signing him opens up our draft and we can go LT early next year.
I see where you are coming from, however, i would like to start getting some foundation pieces on the OLine and stop kicking it down the road like we have the past 5 years.

I get what you are saying. We can't fix everything right now.
If I am peters, a line in the sand must be drawn with the Oline due to Riveras GM malpractice. Maybe peters doesn't see it that way?
With all signs pointing to a rookie qb, it is paramount to build the OLine.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Stromberg only starts if he beats out all competition. I dont think he should be penciled in as a starter simply based off his draft pick status. The 3 you mentioned were all high draft picks. Out of the 3, Martin played. Forbes will need to beat out all other CBs. Bottom line, I think draft position should be ignored and best player start.

For stromberg, as a guard, maybe it works. At center, nope.
However, if we go in with a rookie and bring back 3 out of 5 starters, we are in trouble. Cosmi was good, but Wylie was a disaster.
Stromberg got hurt obviously but didn't do anything out of the ordinary in my opinion.

In other words, only replacing 2 OLinemen would be a mistake as it's the weakest part of the team. We can't grab 5 new starters, but stromberg and Wylie don't exactly give me confidence.

Stromberg was drafted as a center. Not penciled in but he should have the edge unless we bring in a good vet. I dont think we will draft a center in round 2. If we draft a OG in round 2 or 3 im sure he will compete with Wylie for LG. Plus we have Daniels the 4th rounder from last year for depth.. Henry and A rod werent high draft picks.

We will definitely replace 2 olineman this year. I can see 3 but I would understand if they addressed other areas first. Yes Wylie was a disaster at RT, but i was moving him to LG and have Smith as the LT and Morgan the last first round draft pick the RT.

I agree no one should be given any starting job b./c of draft status.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No trade ups , we need prospects