• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Draft & FA. Where do we start?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure looks like OL round 1

Reported 30 visits for the Dallas Cowboys (Ranking per Consensus Big Board)​

I dont know when Trey Benson is planned on going in the draft, but if he makes it to 3rd rd or more. I hope we consider him.
He gives me the Tiki Barber vibe at taking care of the ball.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well when it comes to our starting center. I guess we will have to just disagree.
the other 4 spots. sure we get an injury & have to move a starter around. I can understand that to a point.
There is no injury where I am moving my starting Center to say guard due to injury. He would maintain my starting center.
Now a backup center that plays guard. Sure. But the only way my Starting Center isnt starting at Center. Is because he was the one that got injured.
I understand you don't want to play around with the center position and just want a guy who is just a center. Cool.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well when it comes to our starting center. I guess we will have to just disagree.
the other 4 spots. sure we get an injury & have to move a starter around. I can understand that to a point.
There is no injury where I am moving my starting Center to say guard due to injury. He would maintain my starting center.
Now a backup center that plays guard. Sure. But the only way my Starting Center isnt starting at Center. Is because he was the one that got injured.
You aren’t getting it. First off we need two OL, not one. We don’t just need a C. That is first and foremost the most important thing about this off-season and how they approach it with regards to the OL. Only RG and RT are in ink and if Steele plays like he did last year that one isn’t in ink either. We hope Bass and/or Hoffman is starter quality but who knows because we haven’t seen enough. i hope even the Jones Boyz aren’t dumb enough to hand either of them the job outright.

And No one is saying take a guy with versatility over the better player. The point is the guy with versatility is also likely the better player in this case just like it was with Tyler. He is likely the better C and the better OG And they will no doubt see him as a better at one or the other (Who knows which but I think it’s OG). You take him with an eye on whichever position they see him best at and that is why they draft him, just like they did with Tyler, but like what happened with Tyler the versatility allows you to get a better player in the starting 5 IF (emphasis added) things change because it can be an OG, C or OT you may add as your second OL depending on where the need/fit works out. We don’t even know which spot we will need at this point. In this scenario, If we draft Barton as a OG but Bass or some other OG earns a spot in camp he can play C and he is likely the best player at either of those spots. And the same works if you draft Barton as a C but Hoffmann steps up or you bring in another guy who earns a job. So the benefit is you are drafting the best player at a position that you need a starter AND the added benefit is he can move to another spot if things change. If not you leave him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren’t getting it. First off we need two OL, not one. We don’t just need a C. That is first and foremost the most important thing about this off-season and how they approach it with regards to the OL. Only RG and RT are in ink and if Steele plays like he did last year that one isn’t in ink either. We hope Bass and/or Hoffman is starter quality but who knows because we haven’t seen enough. i hope even the Jones Boyz aren’t dumb enough to hand either of them the job outright.

And No one is saying take a guy with versatility over the better player. The point is the guy with versatility is also likely the better player in this case just like it was with Tyler. He is likely the better C and the better OG And they will no doubt see him as a better at one or the other (Who knows which but I think it’s OG). You take him with an eye on whichever position they see him best at and that is why they draft him, just like they did with Tyler, but like what happened with Tyler the versatility allows you to get a better player in the starting 5 IF (emphasis added) things change because it can be an OG, C or OT you may add as your second OL depending on where the need/fit works out. We don’t even know which spot we will need at this point. In this scenario, If we draft Barton as a OG but Bass or some other OG earns a spot in camp he can play C and he is likely the best player at either of those spots. And the same works if you draft Barton as a C but Hoffmann steps up or you bring in another guy who earns a job. So the benefit is you are drafting the best player at a position that you need a starter AND the added benefit is he can move to another spot if things change. If not you leave him.
"you aren't getting it" as in not getting my point of what I meant. Not meaning my choice at #24 is a better choice than yours.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure looks like OL round 1

Reported 30 visits for the Dallas Cowboys (Ranking per Consensus Big Board)​

I am hoping they don't reach for the BYU OT in round one. I hope Barton or JPJ is still on the board. Not seeing Frazier on this list so maybe they are not interested.

I think a guy like Byron Murphy would really help the defense. I just don't see him dropping to 24.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know when Trey Benson is planned on going in the draft, but if he makes it to 3rd rd or more. I hope we consider him.
He gives me the Tiki Barber vibe at taking care of the ball.
Benson has been compared to Demarco Murray. If he there in round three he could be the pick.

Does that Wisconsin back and Brooks also make it to round 3? Brooks may not.

Allen reminds me of a larger version of Marion the Barbarian. I would draft him in round three if he is the best RB left on the board. If we are drafting for need we may have to slightly reach for one. Dowdle seems to be hurt all the time. We can't go into the season with him being the #1

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does "what is going on with" refer to? I thought most people viewed him as a mid to late first round pick and that if anything his stock has risen? My only concern is the one year wonder thing. I always worry about guys who don't start or excel until their last year unless they are from a loaded Alabama type program. He should be a walk in road grader type at worst. Would love him also and probably my #2 guy right now unless we go DL, but I feel like this team is going to go OT at #24 if they don't trade out

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping they don't reach for the BYU OT in round one. I hope Barton or JPJ is still on the board. Not seeing Frazier on this list so maybe they are not interested.

I think a guy like Byron Murphy would really help the defense. I just don't see him dropping to 24.
The BYU kid wouldn't be that big a reach IMO. I think he goes late 1st/early 2nd, as does Jordan Morgan. I think if you want OT you may have to draft a half round early because the position will be gutted by the start of round 3.

If Murphy made it to 24, OL would have to wait for me

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The BYU kid wouldn't be that big a reach IMO. I think he goes late 1st/early 2nd, as does Jordan Morgan. I think if you want OT you may have to draft a half round early because the position will be gutted by the start of round 3.

If Murphy made it to 24, OL would have to wait for me
I agree on Murphy. I recently watched some of his film and was impressed. I would be shocked if he is there at 24. But if he is they better highly consider given the lack of talent on D line. They obviously are interested in him. I could see Murphy developing into a force.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may like Lance. Been hearing rumors they like Lance. This FO is like a captain less ship drifting at sea. Everybody else making moves.

I think you got good points. I don't think the FO intends on extending Dak. So drafting a QB is very possible.
We sure Jerry was not captaining the ship that hit the Bridge in Baltimore

he only had 1 job since 1995 ………..

just saying

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benson has been compared to Demarco Murray. If he there in round three he could be the pick.

Does that Wisconsin back and Brooks also make it to round 3? Brooks may not.

Allen reminds me of a larger version of Marion the Barbarian. I would draft him in round three if he is the best RB left on the board. If we are drafting for need we may have to slightly reach for one. Dowdle seems to be hurt all the time. We can't go into the season with him being the #1
The Boys could do lots worse than a Demarco Murray clone

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but I feel like this team is going to go OT at #24 if they don't trade out

This makes me a little nervous. I also got a feeling that they plan on this. They could be reaching and a gamble if one of the top tackles does not drop? If they were to miss and draft a bust?

The safer options would be Barton or JPJ. I am confident that these two will be real good starters.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main draft trade rumor i keep hearing is we could trade down with the Chiefs and get either their 3rd or 4th