• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024- DCFFL Mock Discussion Thread

ThinMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First two picks couldn't have went much better for Pittsburgh.

They were in need of an utter revamp on the OL regardless, but the brand of "dinosaur ball" that Mike Tomlin clearly prefers (as witnessed by the hiring of Artie Smith, among many other tells since Ben has retired) practically demanded it. I do not care for the direction they appear to be trending in on O in today's NFL, but if they're going to lean in to it (and they absolutely are. Every time a camera has been shoved in his face about it the last few months Coach T has looked like a guy getting a beej just off camera) they need to get guys who can maul. Mims and Frazier? Absolutely have that mentality, especially Frazier.

Mims is raw (much like Broderick Jones before him), but his ceiling is sky effing high. And as a RT(which is where I assume he winds up long-term) he just needs to keep road grading while he continues to marinate overall. He's also freaking young. Tomlin is getting back to his roots of targeting the 21 year olds in round one the last couple of years, instead of 45 year old KP and 32 year old Harris the two years prior, so Mims fits there as well. :D

Fraizer is just a bad, bad man when he puts on the headgear. Pass block, run block, pulling, he slugs it out. Steelers have had large success in the past with former state/NCAA wrestling champs on their OL, I expect Frazier to continue that. He gets dinged for his "short arms" by some, but he has enormous hands and understands leverage. At WVU, if he got his hands into DTs, it was over. Even good ones. C has been an utter disaster since Pouncey retired. Frazier isn't MP's level of a player, but he's pretty damn good. Hopefully, they won't have to worry about the position for a while again now.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@eaglesnut I always knew you were a POS

Angry Season 2 GIF by The Office

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First two picks couldn't have went much better for Pittsburgh.

They were in need of an utter revamp on the OL regardless, but the brand of "dinosaur ball" that Mike Tomlin clearly prefers (as witnessed by the hiring of Artie Smith, among many other tells since Ben has retired) practically demanded it. I do not care for the direction they appear to be trending in on O in today's NFL, but if they're going to lean in to it (and they absolutely are. Every time a camera has been shoved in his face about it the last few months Coach T has looked like a guy getting a beej just off camera) they need to get guys who can maul. Mims and Frazier? Absolutely have that mentality, especially Frazier.

Mims is raw (much like Broderick Jones before him), but his ceiling is sky effing high. And as a RT(which is where I assume he winds up long-term) he just needs to keep road grading while he continues to marinate overall. He's also freaking young. Tomlin is getting back to his roots of targeting the 21 year olds in round one the last couple of years, instead of 45 year old KP and 32 year old Harris the two years prior, so Mims fits there as well. :D

Fraizer is just a bad, bad man when he puts on the headgear. Pass block, run block, pulling, he slugs it out. Steelers have had large success in the past with former state/NCAA wrestling champs on their OL, I expect Frazier to continue that. He gets dinged for his "short arms" by some, but he has enormous hands and understands leverage. At WVU, if he got his hands into DTs, it was over. Even good ones. C has been an utter disaster since Pouncey retired. Frazier isn't MP's level of a player, but he's pretty damn good. Hopefully, they won't have to worry about the position for a while again now.
Almost took Frazier at 50. Not sure if the Eagles will add an IOL that high after drafting Dickerson in 2021, Jurgens in 2022 and Tyler Steen at 65 last year. Steen is the question mark.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson was the top guy on my board. Corley was up there. I have to shift my plans now

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson was the other guy I was talking about when referring to value pick with the Bengals last pick. Not the biggest position of needs but Nubin and Wilson were too good to pass on. S was a bit more of a need longer term though.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could not decide between Lassiter and Pearsall for the Jags, both are needs for the team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be interested in moving back, even like 15 spots....or into the 3rd

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will wait a bit longer, if not, I will pick.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for the delay. Waiting on responses for trade offers

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think had a known Paul was going this high I might've traded up with KC. Oh well. Cant get everyone

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was debating Paul vs Sanders with this pick. @Shanemansj13 taking Paul made my pick easier. Like the Sanders value here with a position of need for Miami.
I was debating between those two and another defensive player. Philly taking taking Wilson made this pick very difficult. I wanted to trade back badly