• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2023 Western Conference Finals: 1) Nuggets vs 7) Lakers (Bubble Rematch)

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not surprising that neither team could replicate their splits from the first game, but Denver being 43/33 while LA was 43/23 was the biggest factor here.
In a game like this one they also got more total shots 89 to 82. That’s big. Offensive rebounds. Often the best 3 attempts come off of O Boards as well.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a tough ask but that’s the job. They’re the two best players. They have to play big minutes and they have to do it at both ends. A little bit better shooting percentage and the outcome is probably different tonight.

Nah I disagree. I think going that route saying its on Bron and AD is a bit of a lazy take. It's not always on the stars all the time just because they are stars. Sometimes its game dependent. Not using this example to take shots at your team but its a perfect example but contrast this game with some of those Harden/Embiid games in the Celtics series. Bron and AD were engaged here. They're giving it their all. It's not really a fair assessment to say they needed more based on what they gave. Whereas if you watch those Sixers games, Harden/Embiid are standing around doing jack shit. It'd be one thing if for example Bron was just chilling on defense, walking up court all the time and then settling for shots, but he wasn't. I just have a hard time saying they needed to do more after the effort they put out when you got someone like D'Angelo Russell stinking the joint out so bad he might be unplayable right now. He's a starter. You can't be that bad this late in the playoffs and expect to win

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t wait for that clown Nick Wright to talk about how the Lakers have had two great moral victories and how being down 0-2 is actually now the new being up 2-0.

You talk with the Lakers fans on this board and you think they’re nice, reasonable people, then you watch even an ounce of media coverage(or an ESPN broadcast of Game 2) and you want to kill yourself.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a situation where the #1 seed is favored to win the series by Vegas, and yet the media is treating the other team like they’re gonna coast to a 4 game sweep.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure plenty people talked about how amazing Jokic is
Was it Skip Bayless? Because I could totally believe he took time out of his #1 LeBron hater fan club to mention somebody else. But that wasn’t common, most of it was how LA unlocked something by putting Rui on Jokic and how much of a moral victory game 1 was for LA.

Hell you had actual sideline reporters for ESPN saying they never actually watched Jokic play before and how surprised they were he was as good as advertised.