• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2023 Western Conference Finals: 1) Nuggets vs 7) Lakers (Bubble Rematch)

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fuck.

This one is done. Nuggets took the Lakers adjustments and still won. LA got what they wanted but missed shots. Damn near impossible to beat them 4 out of 5.
Might not be any road wins this series, keeping my Denver in 7 prediction on track

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I..I..I don’t know how we did it. After killing us all game Murray took over on that 4th quarter and I definitely did not see that coming.
I’ll own my shit. This is why I wasn’t bullish on the Nuggets translating to playoffs. I didn’t think they could dig deep and get a win like they got tonight. They’re winners. I’m wrong. Much respect to that team.

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can live with player misses. Not with points taken away by bogus call. In a game that close it matters

Remind me about the biggest lead the Lakers couldn't hang onto tonight...

(Apologies to my Laker friends who have been in the thread all night, too soon, I know)

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like this is almost 100% certain to go back to Denver 2-2 tied

The Nuggets are beyond lucky to escape

I doubt they pull off either win without the home court energy push at the end

The Lakers will probably return the favor with 2 close home wins
:tsk:

Your odd Laker sucking (for a Spurs fan) has been noted the last decade.

It just means the Nuggets still have room to improve. See the Minnesota series. Didn't play up to potential in Game 2 and came back motivated to take Game 3 on the road...

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It just means the Nuggets still have room to improve. See the Minnesota series. Didn't play up to potential in Game 2 and came back motivated to take Game 3 on the road...
They probably still lose both in LA

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^^^look what the cat dragged in...^^^

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is on Bron and Davis

Damn near all the role guys did what they were supposed to do except Dennis

They were dead ass tired from doing everything defense. Davis roaming around, Bron spent time on Jokic. They were doing everything. They were just so tired they couldn't get the shots to fall. Rui and Reeves were great, but it'd be nice in a situation like this if Dlo or Dennis weren't so poor. I know its a tough ask to get three role players to all have great games but its hard to put it on Bron and Davis. It's not like other games in the playoffs where they no showed (like Memphis Game 2 or Warriors Game 2, etc). They were busting their ass. Some of those shots they settled for, especially in the 2nd half, weren't them being lazy or stupid, they just couldn't give anything else.

That's why the rest of the series outlook is really grim. The Lakers got what they wanted mostly out of this game and its gonna take all those guys playing at that level to get wins, but they still couldn't do it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jennifer Lopez Applause GIF by NBC World Of Dance

These fuckin Nuggets, man

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were dead ass tired from doing everything defense. Davis roaming around, Bron spent time on Jokic. They were doing everything. They were just so tired they couldn't get the shots to fall. Rui and Reeves were great, but it'd be nice in a situation like this if Dlo or Dennis weren't so poor. I know its a tough ask to get three role players to all have great games but its hard to put it on Bron and Davis. It's not like other games in the playoffs where they no showed (like Memphis Game 2 or Warriors Game 2, etc). They were busting their ass. Some of those shots they settled for, especially in the 2nd half, weren't them being lazy or stupid, they just couldn't give anything else.

That's why the rest of the series outlook is really grim. The Lakers got what they wanted mostly out of this game and its gonna take all those guys playing at that level to get wins, but they still couldn't do it.
It’s a tough ask but that’s the job. They’re the two best players. They have to play big minutes and they have to do it at both ends. A little bit better shooting percentage and the outcome is probably different tonight.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not surprising that neither team could replicate their splits from the first game, but Denver being 43/33 while LA was 43/23 was the biggest factor here.