• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Recruiting

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here we go. It's time to start this one up as spring camps are over. There will be positives and negatives through the process this year. The new staff has a tremendous amount of damage to fix and the rebuild won't be fast. I predict it's going to be slow going this summer, but if the Huskies can come out swinging hard in the fall and show real turnaround progress, there should be some serious commitment activity in Nov and Dec.

Anyway, here we go. WOOF!!!!

Today provided some great news. Huskies landed their 3rd commit to the class.

A great LB prospect with Deven Bryant out of St. John Bosco H.S., Bellflower, CA. Offers included WSU, Oregon, and Colorado.

"He led the Braves in tackles last season with 86 and added four sacks and forced three fumbles. He plays with a non-stop motor, shows the athleticism to chase down plays from behind and always compete at a high level."

The other commits so far are:

Tybo Rodgers, RB
Keith Reynolds, WR

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here we go. It's time to start this one up as spring camps are over. There will be positives and negatives through the process this year. The new staff has a tremendous amount of damage to fix and the rebuild won't be fast. I predict it's going to be slow going this summer, but if the Huskies can come out swinging hard in the fall and show real turnaround progress, there should be some serious commitment activity in Nov and Dec.

Anyway, here we go. WOOF!!!!

Today provided some great news. Huskies landed their 3rd commit to the class.

A great LB prospect with Deven Bryant out of St. John Bosco H.S., Bellflower, CA. Offers included WSU, Oregon, and Colorado.

"He led the Braves in tackles last season with 86 and added four sacks and forced three fumbles. He plays with a non-stop motor, shows the athleticism to chase down plays from behind and always compete at a high level."

The other commits so far are:

Tybo Rodgers, RB
Keith Reynolds, WR
Our recruiting results have been abysmal so far and we've struggled to retain in state talent.

Out of the top 15 prospects from the state of Washington for 2022, UW has landed two of them. Oregon has done better recruiting in our state than we have.

Things aren't looking better for us in future classes as well.

The only silver lining I see in this is that UW is loaded with blue chip prospects who have struggled the last two years. This rebuild is not going to be pleasant.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our recruiting results have been abysmal so far and we've struggled to retain in state talent.

Out of the top 15 prospects from the state of Washington for 2022, UW has landed two of them. Oregon has done better recruiting in our state than we have.

Things aren't looking better for us in future classes as well.

The only silver lining I see in this is that UW is loaded with blue chip prospects who have struggled the last two years. This rebuild is not going to be pleasant.
Agreed. A ton of damage was inflicted upon this program the past two years and there is no quick fix for it. The new staff has a ton of work to do, but I have confidence in them for the long run. That being said, I'm expecting very slow progress over the summer with recruiting, but we should see a large part of the class we do put together occurring this fall. Once recruits get a taste of what we're doing during real games on offense and defense this fall, I'm expecting things to improve. The damage done to this program for in-state recruiting was incredible. It's going to take time to rebuild it. Sadly, years.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. A ton of damage was inflicted upon this program the past two years and there is no quick fix for it. The new staff has a ton of work to do, but I have confidence in them for the long run. That being said, I'm expecting very slow progress over the summer with recruiting, but we should see a large part of the class we do put together occurring this fall. Once recruits get a taste of what we're doing during real games on offense and defense this fall, I'm expecting things to improve. The damage done to this program for in-state recruiting was incredible. It's going to take time to rebuild it. Sadly, years.
I'm willing to give the current coaching staff a mild pass when it comes to recruiting right now, but even then the results have been pretty dismal so far. We finished 2022 with the 11th ranked class in the PAC-12 - okay fine, transition period - but the start to 2023 has not been promising. I'm willing to give them a pass on this cycle as well, but if things don't seriously improve, I think we're going to be in a really tough spot.

Unfortunately I wonder if this is a sign of things to come. The PAC-12 is currently an undesirable conference to play in. Oregon and USC have a leg up with money. Then the next tier of programs, all currently offer more than we do. Stanford is one of the greatest academic institutions in the world with great coaching. Utah has had a great program for a while with one of the most underrated head coaches in the nation. At this point - optimistically speaking - UW is the 5th most desirable program in an undesirable conference.

Ironically I feel like it would help UW a lot if Oregon and USC are dominant and are able to help make the PAC-12 relevant again.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add for this years class and can play this fall I believe. Good added depth for the Dline.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOOF!!!! Huskies get a big time commit from 4 star WR Rashid Williams out of Pittsburg, CA.
24/7 sports has him ranked as the 25th best WR in the country.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOOF!!!! Huskies get a big time commit from 4 star WR Rashid Williams out of Pittsburg, CA.
24/7 sports has him ranked as the 25th best WR in the country.

I think the best part of his commitment is that we won him over so well he cancelled visits to other schools just to announce his commitment.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely monster week for Husky recruiting. While tons more work to do, got to say, very impressed with how well they're closing on their targets so far. Seems to be the grapevine with the H.S. coaches is they say the Huskies are extremely professional when they show up and are doing all the right things. 6 commits this week, in the week they planned to the major visit weekend of the summer. Very impressive and bodes well for the future of this program. Things were happening so fast this week, it was hard to keep up with it all. Still trying to process it all.
One thing sure. Landing Courtney Morgan as director of player personal was an absolute coup and already you can see the results. Behind the scenes, he had a lot to do with this week.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon.hs ..qb
Ryan oliver...6=3..195

3000 yards passing...so far

Lake oswego..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zack smith..rb..with 5 ints
. Ok..ath
Dayton ore

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K gutridge..qb..fs..6=3..180..
hard to say..
Maybe wr..
. At next lvl..lolo

Wilsonville..hs

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paton roth..6=4..RB..aaahh wr..or te..
????
Jesuit...portland..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon city..47
century..21..

Dee sufferd..

But offence..did not..for Oregon city..
I'll check..the line..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rankings 6A..oregon

Tigard
Jesuit
Lake oswego
Central cathlic
Aloha
tualitin..
Barlow
West linn
Ones below this..are not that good

Even though..
Oregon city..beat..up..on
Hillsbough..(century)

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard..to be on a..football team
Laking..like a qb..or whatever..
Is needed..i was on a AA team..

6As..should lack..nothing..but ..
Ok then..
Moving on..

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D+ talent in Oregon. Outside of Lake O or CC their 6A is at best maybe competitive at a 3A level up there.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that the Huskies had some of their top recruits at the Michigan State game, stadium was roaring. I was sitting in the club level and it was shaking.