• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Hall of Fame

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pick your 5 to get in, or if you prefer, the 15 semi-finalists. Lots of good players, but only a few slam dunks, those have to be Thomas and Revis, no? As a personal preference, I hope Andre Johnson gets in, but he suffered for so many years on a bad team he was criminally underrated. Hester will eventually get in as a returner, I have to imagine. Thoughts?

• Eric Allen, cornerback
  • Jared Allen, defensive end
  • Willie Anderson, offensive tackle
  • Ronde Barber, cornerback
  • Anquan Boldin, wide receiver
  • Henry Ellard, wide receiver
  • Jahri Evans, offensive guard
  • London Fletcher, linebacker
  • Dwight Freeney, defensive end
  • James Harrison, linebacker
  • Rodney Harrison, safety
  • Devin Hester, kick returner/wide receiver
  • Torry Holt, wide receiver
  • Andre Johnson, wide receiver
  • Albert Lewis, cornerback
  • Robert Mathis, defensive end/linebacker
  • Darrelle Revis, cornerback
  • Steve Smith Sr., wide receiver
  • Fred Taylor, running back
  • Joe Thomas, offensive tackle
  • Zach Thomas, linebacker
  • Hines Ward, wide receiver
  • DeMarcus Ware, linebacker/defensive end
  • Ricky Watters, running back
  • Reggie Wayne, wide receiver
  • Vince Wilfork, defensive tackle
  • Patrick Willis, linebacker
  • Darren Woodson, safety

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Joe Thomas
Dwight Freeney
Darelle Revis
Reggie Wayne
Hines Ward

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This list is pretty weak.

The good ones had short careers. Joe Thomas, Patrick Willis, Revis (only 10 years when some corners play 20?), Freeney, Allen.

Can you really go to the Hall if you gave up on the sport in your prime??

Tory Holt put up one of the best consistent WR primes in history. There's some great analysis on the WRs on this board from a few years ago. Reggie Wayne is up there too.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revis
Thomas
Freeney
Steve Smith Jr
Darren Woodson

JMO

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alphabetically:

Joe Thomas
Darelle Revis
DeMarcus Ware
Reggie Wayne
Patrick Willis

I wouldn't be unhappy if Zach Thomas or Darren Woodson got in.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Revis Island? Thought he and Deion were the two best CBs I’ve ever seen play.
Always thought him a bit overrated… but I can understand. OL doesn’t get near the love they should and Thomas & Anderson were two of the absolute best. I will argue for Woodson until he gets in or falls off the list. He was right there with Leroy Butler & Brian Dawkins with his greatness during that timeframe and has the chips as well. He’ll never come off my list as long as he’s eligible.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always thought him a bit overrated… but I can understand. OL doesn’t get near the love they should and Thomas & Anderson were two of the absolute best. I will argue for Woodson until he gets in or falls off the list. He was right there with Leroy Butler & Brian Dawkins with his greatness during that timeframe and has the chips as well. He’ll never come off my list as long as he’s eligible.
See eye to eye with you on Woodson. He made my 5.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Thomas
Demarcus Ware
Darrelle Revis
Patrick Willis
I flip a coin on Wayne & Holt.

From the list Steve Smith and Andre Johnson both have shots at getting in.

But other than those guys, there are a lot of guys on that list that arent getting in. And that is tough for me to say because I would love to see Allen in but I dont think I would vote for him or think he was a HOFer if he hadnt played for my Vikes.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will argue for Woodson until he gets in or falls off the list. He was right there with Leroy Butler & Brian Dawkins with his greatness during that timeframe and has the chips as well. He’ll never come off my list as long as he’s eligible.
100%
Woody was an NFL players player.
Played all special teams too.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the vote will get spread out.
but I dont see Willis making it. While he was HOF material, he retired to early.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me...and it's strictly what they did....

Steve Smith
Joe Thomas
maybe Revis,,,the rest,,,nah...maybe later as we see how the game evolves

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Thomas
Demarcus Ware
Darrelle Revis
Patrick Willis
I flip a coin on Wayne & Holt.

From the list Steve Smith and Andre Johnson both have shots at getting in.

But other than those guys, there are a lot of guys on that list that arent getting in. And that is tough for me to say because I would love to see Allen in but I dont think I would vote for him or think he was a HOFer if he hadnt played for my Vikes.

Allen is not HOF. I loved his personality and his swagger, but he went from being the absolute beast that he was in KC to just being a sack hunter after just a couple years here.

He was extremely talented, but he lost a lot of that luster after 2009. Then it became all about JA and how he could show up in the box score and do his sack dances.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Woodson was one of the most complete Safeties to play football.
So before it is all said & done. He better make the HOF.
He could play in the box. He could hit. He could tackle. He could cover WRs. He was the Quarterback of the defense. In fact he didnt play as a SS or a FS. He did both equally well. Best of all he made all those that played around him better. A very smart player.
Remember when his time overlapped with Roy Williams (S) everyone thought Williams was awesome. After Woodson left. Williams was dog meat.
A lot of things he did for the defense would go unnoticed because it isnt a readable stat. But he was one of the best safeties to play the game.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Woodson was one of the most complete Safeties to play football.
So before it is all said & done. He better make the HOF.
He could play in the box. He could hit. He could tackle. He could cover WRs. He was the Quarterback of the defense. In fact he didnt play as a SS or a FS. He did both equally well. Best of all he made all those that played around him better. A very smart player.
Remember when his time overlapped with Roy Williams (S) everyone thought Williams was awesome. After Woodson left. Williams was dog meat.
A lot of things he did for the defense would go unnoticed because it isnt a readable stat. But he was one of the best safeties to play the game.

I think he got started too late... had he started when he was 23 (late for the draft) I think there would've been a case. Very good safety, but HOF? Eh, I think it's very borderline. Whenever Dallas was playing Woodson was for sure a factor, but he wasn't game changing IMO... not someone the opposing offense had to highly fear. Willis, Allen, Freeney, Harrison (because he'd purposely injure people), Revis, were...

It's hard for safeties to make it in the hall, and Woodson is worthy of the nod, but better candidates are ahead of him.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he got started too late... had he started when he was 23 (late for the draft) I think there would've been a case. Very good safety, but HOF? Eh, I think it's very borderline. Whenever Dallas was playing Woodson was for sure a factor, but he wasn't game changing IMO... not someone the opposing offense had to highly fear. Willis, Allen, Freeney, Harrison (because he'd purposely injure people), Revis, were...

It's hard for safeties to make it in the hall, and Woodson is worthy of the nod, but better candidates are ahead of him.
Well this opinion doesnt surprise me. & I get how people not paying attention wouldnt know his importance. And He may not make it in, not because he isnt deserving, but how people view football nowadays. People want to be able to point at a # & say this is why. People are either more lazy or more dumb when voting.

Ed Reed. Got plenty of turnovers & people point to that, but realistically he was so much more. & in that so much more is why he is so deserving to be in the HOF. Not because they could point at some # & say this is why.

I think there are interior D-Lineman that should very least be considered for HOF, but if they dont have some sack # to point at. They wont be.

So I agree with you on the fact he may not get in or at least not get in before some of these others, but the question was asked to me. Who should? He is more than worthy of getting in before some of these others.