• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 French Open.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Men's Draw:

Alcaraz Quarter:

Tsitsipas vs. Isner 3rd round: Rooting for Isner, but Tsitsipas in 5. Actually I wish this match was at a later round.

Tsitsipas vs. Auger-Aliassime 4th round: Picking Auger-Aliassime, because he's due for another good run somewhere.

Alcaraz vs. Auger-Aliassime QF: Rooting for Auger-Aliassime, but Alcaraz performance this year makes me think he wins in 5.

Djokovic's Quarter:

Wawrinka vs. Djokovic QF: I highly doubt Wawrinka gets this far. But just in case he does, Djokovic in 3.

Hopefully Wawrinka has his durability.

Ruud's Quarter:

Ruud vs. Rune QF: Ruud usually wins this one. Ruud in 2.

Medvedev's Quarter:

Thiem vs. Medvedev 4th round: I don't trust Thiem's health, wish I did. Medvedev in 3.

Zverev vs. Tiafoe 3rd round: Tiafoe has never gotten far here. I think that changes this year. Tiafoe in 5.

Medvedev vs. Tiafoe QF: I hope it's competitive, but Medvedev in 4.

Alcaraz vs. Djokovic SF: I could see Djokovic in 3, but I'll pick Djokovic in 4.

Ruud vs. Medvedev SF: Medvedev in 3, although every set might have Ruud win at least 5 games.

Djokovic vs. Medvedev Finals: Most likely result in Djokovic. I'll pick the surprise in Medvedev in 4.

Women's Draw:

Swiatek's Quarter:

Swiatek vs. Azarenka 4th round: I think Azarenka has a chance here. I'll pick Swiatek in 3, but an upset would not surprise me.

Swiatek to the SF.

Rybakina's Quarter:

Kvitova vs. Rybakina QF: Kvitova has had a few good runs here before. Kvitova in 2.

Pegula's Quarter:

I'll take Pegula to the SF, but Bencic would be my next pick.

Sabalenka's Quarter:

Pliskova vs. Sabalenka 4th round: I've been picking a lot of upsets, that will continue.

Pliskova in 2.

Pliskova to the SF.

Swiatek vs. Kvitova SF: Swiatek can't win them all. Kvitova in 2.

Pegula vs. Pliskova SF: Pliskova in 2.

Kvitova vs. Pliskova Finals: In what might be the tallest womens French Open finals in a long time, Pliskova in 2.

I kind of hope my Womens prediction comes true, because I think that would be fun.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Men's Draw:

Alcaraz Quarter:

Tsitsipas vs. Isner 3rd round: Rooting for Isner, but Tsitsipas in 5. Actually I wish this match was at a later round.

Tsitsipas vs. Auger-Aliassime 4th round: Picking Auger-Aliassime, because he's due for another good run somewhere.

Alcaraz vs. Auger-Aliassime QF: Rooting for Auger-Aliassime, but Alcaraz performance this year makes me think he wins in 5.

Djokovic's Quarter:

Wawrinka vs. Djokovic QF: I highly doubt Wawrinka gets this far. But just in case he does, Djokovic in 3.

Hopefully Wawrinka has his durability.

Ruud's Quarter:

Ruud vs. Rune QF: Ruud usually wins this one. Ruud in 2.

Medvedev's Quarter:

Thiem vs. Medvedev 4th round: I don't trust Thiem's health, wish I did. Medvedev in 3.

Zverev vs. Tiafoe 3rd round: Tiafoe has never gotten far here. I think that changes this year. Tiafoe in 5.

Medvedev vs. Tiafoe QF: I hope it's competitive, but Medvedev in 4.

Alcaraz vs. Djokovic SF: I could see Djokovic in 3, but I'll pick Djokovic in 4.

Ruud vs. Medvedev SF: Medvedev in 3, although every set might have Ruud win at least 5 games.

Djokovic vs. Medvedev Finals: Most likely result in Djokovic. I'll pick the surprise in Medvedev in 4.

Women's Draw:

Swiatek's Quarter:

Swiatek vs. Azarenka 4th round: I think Azarenka has a chance here. I'll pick Swiatek in 3, but an upset would not surprise me.

Swiatek to the SF.

Rybakina's Quarter:

Kvitova vs. Rybakina QF: Kvitova has had a few good runs here before. Kvitova in 2.

Pegula's Quarter:

I'll take Pegula to the SF, but Bencic would be my next pick.

Sabalenka's Quarter:

Pliskova vs. Sabalenka 4th round: I've been picking a lot of upsets, that will continue.

Pliskova in 2.

Pliskova to the SF.

Swiatek vs. Kvitova SF: Swiatek can't win them all. Kvitova in 2.

Pegula vs. Pliskova SF: Pliskova in 2.

Kvitova vs. Pliskova Finals: In what might be the tallest womens French Open finals in a long time, Pliskova in 2.

I kind of hope my Womens prediction comes true, because I think that would be fun.
I can see your men's picks being close. Clay is not a good surface for Pliskova's type game.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It takes talent to have 3 of the 4 predicted finalists losing in round 1.

I picked Pliskova because she made the SF once.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a great 5th set from Monfils in the first round.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiafoe vs. Zverev:

Tiafoe was up 5-3, 30-0, and lost the set.

One of the worst losses in a set I've ever seen. Especially considering how late in the match it was.

Usually when someone gets broken, they start off a game poorly. But in this case, he had a great start, 30-0.

Because he lost that set, he lost the match.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiafoe vs. Zverev:

One of the worst losses in a set I've ever seen. Especially considering how late in the match it was.

Usually when someone gets broken, they start off a game poorly. But in this case, he had a great start, 30-0.

That womens semi wasn't much better.....#2 chokes up 5-2 in the 3rd and loses 5 straight games

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiafoe vs. Zverev:

Needed to get that to a 5th

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is there a quote in English on the court at Roland garros??
One side of the stadium has the quote in French, the other side in English.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That womens semi wasn't much better.....#2 chokes up 5-2 in the 3rd and loses 5 straight games
We were actually kind of close to having both #1 and #2 lose in the SFs. I'm not sure I've ever seen a major where both the #1 and #2 lose in the SFs, to players outside the top 10. If Swiatek would have lost.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zverev with another clunker. He seems to almost always have these at some point in a major.

Congrats to Ruud for making it in the Finals.

I don't think the Finals will be close. Straight sets by Djokovic, with Ruud probably not winning more than 4 games in any set.

I think Medvedev and Tsitsipas had the best chance of beating Djokovic, among players in the draw.

For players not in the draw, a healthy Thiem, if that is still possible.

Tsitsipas really should have found a way to finish off Djokovic in the 2021 Finals.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The final should be a massacre! Only Alcaraz was strong enough to stand a chance and he wilted surprisingly! I read it was an “ailing Alcaraz” in the headlines of the story! Hope he gets back soon. This final should see Djoko make history as the winnigest grand slam champ! Not the most likeable one I am afraid!

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Mens final was reasonably competitive. Ruud got deeper into sets than I would have expected.

The Womens finals was pretty good too. Swiatek had to work to get the win.