• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free Agents

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HaroldSeattle Help me out here, i feel like i might not be making any sense to flyer and i don't get where i am going wrong. I am confused big time how someone doesn't understand what the fook i am saying. Am i not making sense and only my mind is comprehending what i am saying?

Im trying to explain it like i am talking to a child and it still doesn't seem to get through to them what i am saying.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HaroldSeattle Help me out here, i feel like i might not be making any sense to flyer and i don't get where i am going wrong. I am confused big time how someone doesn't understand what the fook i am saying. Am i not making sense and only my mind is comprehending what i am saying?

Im trying to explain it like i am talking to a child and it still doesn't seem to get through to them what i am saying.
@flyerhawk is a smart guy and I'm sure he realizes luck played in Geno's favor last season and isn't actually arguing that it didn't. The methodology is what he is disputing IMO.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again how do you figure Geno DIDN'T get lucky?

Was Geno in the top 10 of TWP? Yes
Is Geno Better than Josh Allen? No
what was the percentage of TWP of the top 10 that was converted into actual Turnovers? 80.6%

You can "avoid" the question but it's as plain as the nose on your face you are doing so.

So please explain to EVERYONE how Geno didn't get lucky, I really want to hear your reasoning.

Had Geno's TWP been converted to turnovers only 65% of the time lower than the average he would have led the league in Turnovers.

So how was Geno NOT lucky?

I want to know how Geno some how makes defenses drop balls at a 60% rate that they catch at a 80% rate average with everyone else. This is what i want to know because you seem to think he had control in this.

:rofl:

You kept saying he was EXTREMELY lucky. Exceptionally lucky. Now the argument is that he was lucky?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@flyerhawk is a smart guy and I'm sure he realizes luck played in Geno's favor last season and isn't actually arguing that it didn't. The methodology is what he is disputing IMO.

Exactly right. I think he could have easily had 16 picks last season. I don't think he had some historically lucky season. I don't even think he was necessarily the luckiest QB this year. His poor decision making off schedule caused him to throw too many risky balls. It's his biggest problem. I think he could be better next year and still wind up with a few more picks.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could have EASILY had 17+ picks and had his TWP turned into picks at the same rate as say Allen's he would have lead the league in Turnovers.

Let me say this Dak had 6 INT's this past season on plays that were not Turnover worthy plays. That's just bad luck. Some times it's better to be lucky than actually good.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There doesn't seem to be a better place for this - and I didn't want to start a new thread.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could have EASILY had 17+ picks and had his TWP turned into picks at the same rate as say Allen's he would have lead the league in Turnovers.

Let me say this Dak had 6 INT's this past season on plays that were not Turnover worthy plays. That's just bad luck. Some times it's better to be lucky than actually good.

I'll ask again. Do you think that holding on to the ball in the pocket should be considered a turnover worthy play?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll ask again. Do you think that holding on to the ball in the pocket should be considered a turnover worthy play?

Only if he was strip sacked because he wasn't holding the ball tight. PFF doesn't reward a TWP for just holding onto the ball to long BTW lol They reward it if you are holding it carelessly and it's smacked out of your hand. I still don't think you understand how they grade this but thats ok. It's more about throwing the ball late which always tends to lead to issues not holding onto it to long. there is a difference.

Throwing the ball late after the WR has made his break or cut and ran his rout just allows the Defender to get back into position. Thats why you always here the talking heads preach "getting the ball out on time".

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, cutting Diggs is now off the table. As of today his $13.49 million base salary is guaranteed. So, even a post June 1 cut would only save them $500,000. This was a longshot anyway even by those who brought it up - but just wanted to show the updates to the salary cap that happened today.

Adams also has $2.5 million of his salary guaranteed. His post June 1 cut dead money will now be around $9.5 million.

DK Metcalf gets his salary and option bonus = $6.2 million.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, cutting Diggs is now off the table. As of today his $13.49 million base salary is guaranteed. So, even a post June 1 cut would only save them $500,000. This was a longshot anyway even by those who brought it up - but just wanted to show the updates to the salary cap that happened today.
At least he's still a good player and maybe even the leader or heart & soul of the defense, but $18.1M is a big cap number for a 30 year old safety. Now I guess we'll see what happens with Shelby Harris and Gabe Jackson. I think they'll both be gone or at least not coming back on current contracts, potentially creating over $15M in cap space if cut before 1 June. Then again, if the team does not sign Geno and also can't land a top tier FA for the DL, then there may not be a need for a bunch of additional cap space anyway.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again, if the team does not sign Geno and also can't land a top tier FA for the DL, then there may not be a need for a bunch of additional cap space anyway.
Yeah, they should be cut regardless... Their play/production on the field doesn't warrant the payday they would be getting...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Seahawks pick up Jordyn Brooks 5th year option? If not, he will be a FA following this season... He may not play the entire season due to his recovery/rehab time frame... Hard to know how he'll be after knee surgery...

If not, ILB is a top priority in this draft/FA...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Seahawks pick up Jordyn Brooks 5th year option? If not, he will be a FA following this season... He may not play the entire season due to his recovery/rehab time frame... Hard to know how he'll be after knee surgery...

It will likely depend on A) his health and B) the price tag for that 5th year option.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they should. It sucks that he had to get a serious injury right at the tail end of the season that will probably delay the start of his 2023 season, but he's a high quality player and still young. Pick up his option and then extend him for 1 more contract next offseason.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brooks is a 4-3 Linebacker. If they don't take the 5th year option then they have to find a starter for the 2024 season. I am fine with that as he is a athletic Linebacker but seems to find himself out of position a lot and chasing.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooks is average, the defense didnt even take a hit when he was lost.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Phil Haynes re-signed. May not mean anything. May mean that Gabe Jackson's days are numbered.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Phil Haynes re-signed. May not mean anything. May mean that Gabe Jackson's days are numbered.

Shouldn't be too expensive and it appears like a prove it deal. Make him the starter this year and see how he performs with all the snaps.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't be too expensive and it appears like a prove it deal. Make him the starter this year and see how he performs with all the snaps.

Yeah. I do expect them to draft a guard as well. And a center. I can't see Jackson not being cut. And it doesn't matter if he is cut pre-June 1st. I expect him to be cut early on.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I do expect them to draft a guard as well. And a center. I can't see Jackson not being cut. And it doesn't matter if he is cut pre-June 1st. I expect him to be cut early on.
Definitely need to spend a couple picks on the interior OL. Need a road grater G.