• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free Agency & the Fantasy Pros & Cons

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a fantasy prospective, it seems like a lot of discussion on two guys that, if you are relying on them to make difference, it's kind of like wasted space - either is probably not bad if rostered as a WR4 (3 top end), and the difference between 'em is most likely 6 of one, half dozen of the other. .... just my humble opinion.
both of them have the potential--POTENTIAL-- to be fantasy studs..so monitoring them ain't a bad idea. I

Granted, in their current situations, it doesn't seem all that likely, and if you have them already, you're not selling that potential cheaply, if you don't, its not worth the price to pay for you to wait and see either, so form that perspective, yeah, it's not really a big deal for fantasy purposes, at the moment. but that potential exists, for both. Regardless of my personal opinion of Juedy, I'll still freely admit that he COULD BE that guy, if he decides to be. I think Claypool is that guy right now, he just needs a good offensive fit, time and opportunity

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man.... :gaah:
Not the ideal landing spot for him. Unless they feel Entienne needs to be spelled.
wouldn't be a bad idea to spell him somewhat often. He is after all a little on the undersized in stature, and did miss his entire first year with injury. JAX would be well served to keep him fresh with no more than 20-ish total touches-leaving a good 8-12 carries a game for a backup-more if they start winning games more often. Nothing to scoff at in todays RB climate

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jets signed WR Mecole Hardman, formerly of the Chiefs.​

Hardman is joining a crowded receiver room that has Garrett Wilson and newly-acquired Allen Lazard at the top of the depth chart. They also have Corey Davis, who was a starter for them when healthy, and Elijah Moore in the mix. Hardman's addition to the roster all but guarantees Davis will be cut at some point this offseason. The Jets can save $10.5 million by cutting Davis and are on the hook for less than a million dollars in dead cap from his deal. Elijah Moore could also be a candidate to be traded. If Hardman can work his way into the WR3 role for a team that should have Aaron Rodgers at the helm, he could provide sporadic boom games for fantasy managers. However, just like it was when he was with the Chiefs, predicting those games will be nearly impossible.

Little surprised that Hardman didn't take the opportunity to go somewhere with a more clear path to be one of the main 3 receivers, especially without Rodgers being signed, sealed and delivered. But, maybe he didn't have the market many thought he'd have?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the signing of Hardman made the decision for Cleveland. Pivoted from Jeudy

Thats pretty good for the Browns imo compared to the alternatives. Definitely rather have Elijah Moore than Hardman and the trade value is roughly a 3rd rounder.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that seems more realistic.

Still though..was hoping for DPJ to have a shot at that #2 job
Still a #2. I having him a dynasty so hoping he doesn't fall off, hoping this actually helps him.

Plus if Stefanski does intending on changing schemes that is just more opportunities for everyone but who knows how good Moore really is...most of his production was when Zach Wilson was not playing lol

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current RB rooms:

Current WR rooms:

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of those RB charts... wow...
Think some teams like the Jets, Broncos, and Dolphins need some help. Not sure I trust the Cards, Browns (behind Chubb), and a few others either.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think some teams like the Jets, Broncos, and Dolphins need some help. Not sure I trust the Cards, Browns (behind Chubb), and a few others either.
It’s likely Chubb, Ford and a rookie/veteran. I liked D’Ernest and his opportunity would have been there to breakout this year. I’m not sure what they do. Maybe Mckinnon. Ford going to have to take a big jump

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buzz in Denver is that it's likely one of thier two #3's goes for a RB...of course, that's just pillow talk talkin'

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked D’Ernest and his opportunity would have been there to breakout this year.
Me too. Loved D'Ernest.
Actually kind of shocked that he wasn't one of the first RB to get signed. He did phenomenally as a fill-in to Chubb and Hunt.
Guess that old adage is true - what we see as fans must be different from what coaches see. :scratch:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dj Chark on a one year deal to Carolina. Combine that with the Theilen signing, and Sanders- much brighter immediate outlook for whomever they end up drafting #1. Bad news for anyone hoping to see Shenault get any real opportunities though (like me).

apparently this is THE day for schmuck WR signings-
Agholor to the Ravens- yawn
M. Callaway to Denver- might be relevant given that Hamler is likely out the door and there still may be a Juedy/Sutton trade, but as is, big yawn.
S Sims to the Texans- yawn
M Goodwin to the Brownies- in between a yawn and a meh- Goodwin has enough talent to make himself relevant, but between Cooper, DPJ, and TE's, not much of a chance at opportunity

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local guys are overselling the Tony Jones signing in Denver.
They claim that now that they have Perine and Tony Jones, RB is no longer a need they have all the depth they need, even if J. Williams misses half the year or more.
I beg to differ.. they went through 1, 2, 3, 4 RB's last year and ended up with a depth chart full of guys not even on the active roster week 1

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local guys are overselling the Tony Jones signing in Denver.
They claim that now that they have Perine and Tony Jones, RB is no longer a need they have all the depth they need, even if J. Williams misses half the year or more.
I beg to differ.. they went through 1, 2, 3, 4 RB's last year and ended up with a depth chart full of guys not even on the active roster week 1
The signing themselves may be (to use your descriptors) somewhere in the range of "yawn" to "meh."
But I'll tell ya, if there is a coach who moves the needle, it is Sean Peyton.
Perhaps in fantasy terms, if these guys are at best considered late round picks, I'd give 'em each a bump a round early.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The signing themselves may be (to use your descriptors) somewhere in the range of "yawn" to "meh."
But I'll tell ya, if there is a coach who moves the needle, it is Sean Peyton.
Perhaps in fantasy terms, if these guys are at best considered late round picks, I'd give 'em each a bump a round early.
If Sutton and/or Juedy get moved, Callaway immediately moves into a position of interest for me. If not, not so much.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. Loved D'Ernest.
Actually kind of shocked that he wasn't one of the first RB to get signed. He did phenomenally as a fill-in to Chubb and Hunt.
Guess that old adage is true - what we see as fans must be different from what coaches see. :scratch:

I think he has been living off that one game two years ago where he went for 150 yards or something.
Not that he’s bad or anything, but I don’t see him as anywhere near the top of the choices…including his former teammate.

He had four carries last year. (Obviously not his fault being behind two high end RB)

Just checked:
Three games in 2021…
22 for 146 and a TD (Den)
19 for 99 and 7 catches for 58 (NE)
25 for 123 and a TD (Cin)

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still no finalization on the Aaron Rodgers deal. Hmmm. :think:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still no finalization on the Aaron Rodgers deal. Hmmm. :think:
I really don't think it will happen (which it will) until the NFL draft. Pick compensation seems to be the hang up - but someone is gonna blink to put a friggin end to the latest annual saga. ..