• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free Agency & the Fantasy Pros & Cons

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunt is the most important for my Old School team. I’d love a Chiefs reunion, but I also have Pacheco on that team, so I’d prefer elsewhere…
Yeah I dunno..I think the Cheifs, Rams, Saints, and, unfortunately, the Browns, make the most sense, from a football standpoint, but no idea if any of them would pull the trigger

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think that one will matter after the draft and a highly rated rook comes on board. Yea, I'm thinking it's gonna be that guy.
Well he's certainly signed cheaply enough that he's in no way guaranteed anything, but damn...that'd be alot to invest at RB with him, Gainwell and Boston Scott all locked up. It was certainly rumored that they'd be players at RB in the draft. The Penny signing means they don't HAVE to, but sure doesn't say the wont

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players in new places who COULD have fantasy impact for the 2023 season...
QB
Derek Carr-NO
Andy Dalton-CAR
Jimmy Garoppolo-LV
Taylor Heinicke-ATL
Case Keenum-HOU
Marcus Mariota-PHI
Baker Mayfield-TB
Gardner Minshew-IND
Jarrett Stidham-DEN

RB
Chase Edmonds-TB
D'Onta Foreman-CHI
Damien Harris-BUF
David Montgomery-DET
Rashaad Penny-PHI
Samaje Perine-DEN
James Robinson-NE
Miles Sanders-CAR
Devin Singletary-HOU
Jamaal Williams-NO

WR
Parris Campbell-NYG
Brandin Cooks-DAL
Mack Hollins-ATL
Allen Lazard-NYJ
Jakobi Meyers-LV
DJ Moore-CHI
Zach Pascal-ARZ
Trent Sherfield-BUF
Juju Smith-Schuster-NE
Adam Thielen-CAR
Robert Woods-HOU

TE
Mike Gesicki-NE
OJ Howard-LV
Hayden Hurst-CAR
Dalton Schultz-HOU
Robert Tonyan-CHI
Darren Waller-NYG

K
Matt Gay-IND

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players in new places who COULD have fantasy impact for the 2023 season...
QB
Derek Carr-NO
Andy Dalton-CAR
Jimmy Garoppolo-LV
Taylor Heinicke-ATL
Case Keenum-HOU
Marcus Mariota-PHI
Baker Mayfield-TB
Gardner Minshew-IND
Jarrett Stidham-DEN

RB
Chase Edmonds-TB
D'Onta Foreman-CHI
Damien Harris-BUF
David Montgomery-DET
Rashaad Penny-PHI
Samaje Perine-DEN
James Robinson-NE
Miles Sanders-CAR
Devin Singletary-HOU
Jamaal Williams-NO

WR
Parris Campbell-NYG
Brandin Cooks-DAL
Mack Hollins-ATL
Allen Lazard-NYJ
Jakobi Meyers-LV
DJ Moore-CHI
Zach Pascal-ARZ
Trent Sherfield-BUF
Juju Smith-Schuster-NE
Adam Thielen-CAR
Robert Woods-HOU

TE
Mike Gesicki-NE
OJ Howard-LV
Hayden Hurst-CAR
Dalton Schultz-HOU
Robert Tonyan-CHI
Darren Waller-NYG

K
Matt Gay-IND
How Chase Edmonds still gets his name mentioned on stuff like this is just beyond my capability to understand

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhat of a dark horse with potential, fer sure.

My hangup on him? He's not gonna be expensive so if he had/has that sort of potential, why don't/didn't the Brownies resign him themselves?
Probably waiting it out. Maybe looking for a better fit and someone that can catch the ball out of the backfield. Only guy I like on the market is McKinnon, he would be a good fit for their change in scheme this year. I guess thinking about it that way, D'Ernest really doesn't make much sense. They need a pass-catching threat

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he's certainly signed cheaply enough that he's in no way guaranteed anything, but damn...that'd be alot to invest at RB with him, Gainwell and Boston Scott all locked up. It was certainly rumored that they'd be players at RB in the draft. The Penny signing means they don't HAVE to, but sure doesn't say the wont
That's true, just seems to be a lot of buzz on that Philly scenario and it's one that actually makes sense considering the moves they have made. We all know by now that Penny is made of glass so he definitely is not someone you can bank on to last more than 6 games (full or part time). The Bills and Cowboys could also be players (especially Cowboys with Zeke released). I'm less inclined to say Bills at this point with Harris going there, but stranger things have happened.

On a completely unrelated note - fantrax is busy adding the rooks. ....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true, just seems to be a lot of buzz on that Philly scenario and it's one that actually makes sense considering the moves they have made. We all know by now that Penny is made of glass so he definitely is not someone you can bank on to last more than 6 games (full or part time). The Bills and Cowboys could also be players (especially Cowboys with Zeke released). I'm less inclined to say Bills at this point with Harris going there, but stranger things have happened.

On a completely unrelated note - fantrax is busy adding the rooks. ....
Yep getting all those notifications too :)

I'd love to see the Cowboys draft him, it'll mean Pollard would be elsewhere next year and not signed up for another Zeke type contract. I sure wouldn't bet on it, but, would be happy enough to see it.
For fantasy purposes, ad things sit right now, I'd want him in TB

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Browns signed EDGE Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, formerly of the Texans, to a three-year, $19 million contract.​

Couldnt help but think if he and Watson hit the message parlors.
Sorry. I know thats bad. :redface:

He wasn't in Houston long (just 2022), was a Ram prior.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears sign Edmunds to a big deal but they trade Roquan? Trying to make sense of it. Both are damn good but I thought Roquan was like elite of elite

Wanted the Bills to keep Edmunds, but not at $18M per. Wow.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills general manager Brandon Beane said the team is looking to add a "heavier, power style" running back to the roster

Well, theres-
Zeke
Harris
D. Foreman
Fournette (probably)
Lat. Murray

All sitting by the phone

Damien Harris is the winner (would've liked D'Onta...)

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills released McKenzie.
Kind of a surprise cut to me.

Hands were unreliable last year. They've added Sherfield and Harty, wouldn't be surprised if they target another in the draft.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am partial to D'Ernest Johnson. When Hunt and Chubb were hurt, he filled in phenominally!
Was actually hoping that the Bears would go after him after Monty signed with Detroit.
Wherever Johnson ends up, he'll probably steal the gig.

I was surprised nobody gave him a better offer last year. I must be missing something?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have better opinions on Jeudy? IMO I haven't watched enough of him since his college days. Explosive and creates separation but not worth a 1st. Could definitely be worth a 2nd but a 2nd and a player? IDK depends on the player

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like in our dynasty leagues, the value is in a specific team need - sometimes it's worth a bit of overpay if you get what you need to make your team better. That said, history tells us that the asking price is too high for a guy who has never topped 1000yds or 6TDs in a season. One could argue the QB play has not been all that good in his past - but he faced little competition for targets like he will in CLE.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have better opinions on Jeudy? IMO I haven't watched enough of him since his college days. Explosive and creates separation but not worth a 1st. Could definitely be worth a 2nd but a 2nd and a player? IDK depends on the player
Tbh, the fact that the Broncos are shopping him probably means teams should stay away. Broncos aren't exactly flooded with offensive talent. 3 of Jeudy's 6 Tds last year came in one game (where the Chiefs took the foot off the gas after taking a big lead).

He is an underachiever imo. Probably worth another contract but not worth trading for.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tbh, the fact that the Broncos are shopping him probably means teams should stay away. Broncos aren't exactly flooded with offensive talent. 3 of Jeudy's 6 Tds last year came in one game (where the Chiefs took the foot off the gas after taking a big lead).

He is an underachiever imo. Probably worth another contract but not worth trading for.
Yeah but QB/OC play could have a lot to do with that...just sayin, not that I disagree. I have been very hesitant on him especially at that price but if you have Amari and DPJ...we are talking about a #2 or #3 and still on a rookie contract. Depends on what the final asking price is I guess? Cleveland is switching to more of a spread offense, using TE's less often. I think a speedy WR that creates separation is something they are missing. Again, what are the giving up?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My personal observation is that Juedy is the prototypical 'wasted potential' WR. Dude has nothing but pure raw talent and ability, but can't get out of his own way with his bullshit. Always posting about his workouts and not getting the ball, complaining about his role yada yada. Everything has always been handed to the dude and it shows, not just on social media but on the field as well. I wouldn't trade a plug nickel for him.

Going off what I've heard about him from the local Bronco beat guys its a fairly even split, internally as in the team front office- not the media-, as to keep him or get rid of him. Many are just simply over him and looking for a decent return.

As to why he's being dangled, - and the following is from what I've heard various beat reporters/radio shows talk about, not my own opinion- well, yes its his piss poor attitude combined with his failure to produce, but also, of the expendable positions on the field, like any WR outside of the elite guys, he's the most likely to bring a decent return. Sutton won't bring jack sqwat, neither would Patrick, can't deal J. Williams, no TE's of note to bring a return..Juedy is the only viable trade chip they have, and they need draft capital. They could fill what Juedy can bring with any number of free agents. not his physical talent obviously, but since the WR position is entirely dependent upon the QBs getting them the ball, which Russ hasn't done well lately, why bother waiting for that potential to be realized? They can't take advantage of it even if he does suddenly blossom. Just as well cash in, get a decent rental, and continue rebuilding that roster.

And the price tag? utterly ridiculous. When Brandin Cooks just went for two LATE round picks..Juedy for a #1 is a joke. Dallas even turned them down, and they hand out #'1 for WR's like candy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My personal observation is that Juedy is the prototypical 'wasted potential' WR. Dude has nothing but pure raw talent and ability, but can't get out of his own way with his bullshit. Always posting about his workouts and not getting the ball, complaining about his role yada yada. Everything has always been handed to the dude and it shows, not just on social media but on the field as well. I wouldn't trade a plug nickel for him.

Going off what I've heard about him from the local Bronco beat guys its a fairly even split, internally as in the team front office- not the media-, as to keep him or get rid of him. Many are just simply over him and looking for a decent return.

As to why he's being dangled, - and the following is from what I've heard various beat reporters/radio shows talk about, not my own opinion- well, yes its his piss poor attitude combined with his failure to produce, but also, of the expendable positions on the field, like any WR outside of the elite guys, he's the most likely to bring a decent return. Sutton won't bring jack sqwat, neither would Patrick, can't deal J. Williams, no TE's of note to bring a return..Juedy is the only viable trade chip they have, and they need draft capital. They could fill what Juedy can bring with any number of free agents. not his physical talent obviously, but since the WR position is entirely dependent upon the QBs getting them the ball, which Russ hasn't done well lately, why bother waiting for that potential to be realized? They can't take advantage of it even if he does suddenly blossom. Just as well cash in, get a decent rental, and continue rebuilding that roster.

And the price tag? utterly ridiculous. When Brandin Cooks just went for two LATE round picks..Juedy for a #1 is a joke. Dallas even turned them down, and they hand out #'1 for WR's like candy.
good to know. I thought he had a beef with Wilson and they disliked each other but I did not know about his attitude issues...definitely a concern.