• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free agency and trade thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah for the most part but Matt Canada is still the offensive Coordinator. He is trash but then again I think the basis of his scheme is to have a mobile QB.
I think Canada is better than what he had with the Bears.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the game plan is to eat the opponent?

It's been this guy's plan for over a year.

Screen_Shot_2021_01_21_at_12.46.56_PM.png

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of that move at all.

Never sign a team's lesser guard. With Marpet on the other side, it is almost impossible to tell how good/bad Cappa really was because he was the one usually getting help from the center.
Got Karras at C next to him, and likely another signing to come at RT.

He'll be fine.

He's better than the 0 they got out of the position last year.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the f**k is a "5rd"? LOL

Seriously we knew the Texans were stupid after trading away other talent but come on now. Those are some great picks to have over the next few seasons.

Watson has a no trade clause. The Jets and Browns could offer every single pick they own for the next 50 years and it isnt going to make a difference. I am sure Watson has basically told the Texans Seattle or New Orleans at this stage of the game.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson has a no trade clause. The Jets and Browns could offer every single pick they own for the next 50 years and it isnt going to make a difference.
Watson could play hardball and refuse any trade and say he'll report. What will the Texans do, keep him? He has a 40 Million dollar cap hit this year.

It doesn't do him any good to go to a team that has to give up 3 1st round picks plus other picks and players. That just makes his destination team worse. Why not be obstinate and refuse any trade and see who blinks?

Eh, just playing out some game theory on this.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson has a no trade clause. The Jets and Browns could offer every single pick they own for the next 50 years and it isnt going to make a difference. I am sure Watson has basically told the Texans Seattle or New Orleans at this stage of the game.
True I was going to go on about the no trade clause. And from Watson's perspective and the long-term (after Rogers and Brady eventually retire) outlook on QB's in the NFL the NFC is the easier route to the Superbowl.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson could play hardball and refuse any trade and say he'll report. What will the Texans do, keep him? He has a 40 Million dollar cap hit this year.

It doesn't do him any good to go to a team that has to give up 3 1st round picks plus other picks and players. That just makes his destination team worse. Why not be obstinate and refuse any trade and see who blinks?

Eh, just playing out some game theory on this.

He is likely going to get suspended for most of the season. So the hit against the team isnt going to be what you think it is. And Texans are still in complete rebuild mode and are likely eyeing QB's at the top of NEXT year's draft class. And I am sure Lovie would love a year to try and talk Watson into playing for him.

I wouldnt temp the Texans to keep him on the roster if I was Watson. They might just oblige.

You dont temp a person with nothing to lose. The only thing the Texans have to lose this coming season is their ability to lose.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is likely going to get suspended for most of the season. So the hit against the team isnt going to be what you think it is. And Texans are still in complete rebuild mode and are likely eyeing QB's at the top of NEXT year's draft class. And I am sure Lovie would love a year to try and talk Watson into playing for him.

I wouldnt temp the Texans to keep him on the roster if I was Watson. They might just oblige.

You dont temp a person with nothing to lose. The only thing the Texans have to lose this coming season is their ability to lose.
Yeah when it comes down to it, I don't expect him to play at all. Goodell has been biding his time, but as soon as he's on an active roster, he should be getting a years suspension, minimum.

If Ben got 6 games for 1 accusation and no charges, 22 should get at LEAST a whole year.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1