• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free agency and trade thread

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tolbert will get his opportunity sooner than expected. The rest of their depth chart is underwhelming and largely unfamiliar to me. Vasher has some upside as a UDFA signing last year, both he and Fehoko bring some length to the position but whether or not they can get it done at this level is an early question mark.

They could use a vet addition at this point, wonder if they would revisit Beasley.
Beasley burnt that bridge. There is no chance he comes back to Dallas.
I think unless a guy falls into our laps. Just let the young guys grow until we get Gallup back. I'm not too worried about Washington.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As often as Coop is hurt you probably will read it 1,000 times.

Coop is great when hes on the field, therein lies the problem.
The #1 ability than any player has to have: availability.

Without it, it doesn't matter how good you are. Can't be the best from the sidelines.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think unless a guy falls into our laps. Just let the young guys grow until we get Gallup back. I'm not too worried about Washington.

I wouldn't be concerned about Washington either, and counting on him based on his career thus far is risky at best. The concern would be how long it takes Gallup to get back.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beasley has burnt bridges everywhere with his vaccine stance. What happened with him in Dallas? Seems to me he left for a bigger role and salary; is there something more?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley has burnt bridges everywhere with his vaccine stance. What happened with him in Dallas? Seems to me he left for a bigger role and salary; is there something more?
yeah after he got to Buffalo just started trashing on the cowboys organization.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He called out everyone in Dallas to include the parking lot attendants.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The #1 ability than any player has to have: availability.

Without it, it doesn't matter how good you are. Can't be the best from the sidelines.
Not to mention his case of the dropsies.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Washington hurt. Gonna miss 6-10 weeks.

Gallup hurt and will miss the early portion of the season.

And Amari Cooper is on the Browns. Bet Dallas wishes they hadn't traded him now.
Washington wasn’t guaranteed to play and since i don’t think he plays STs may not even have made the 53 or at least when Gallup comes back. Cooper was a cap cut and planned the day he signed. Just had to be done. No way he was worth $20M and they had to choose between him and Gallup. Knowing Lamb was already their best WR they went with the younger and cheaper option.

Hopefully Gallup won’t be out for more than a game or two but I’m guessing 4 games. They really should have brought in another WR already IMO. The rookie has been impressive but expecting him to be a #2 week 1 seems unrealistic coming from a small school. He might work out, but not worth the risk that he doesn’t In my book