• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free agency and trade thread

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess not surprising

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best wishes to Danny Amendola in his NFL retirement. Amendola went undrafted in 2008. He played for 7 teams, (Cowboys, Rams, Eagles, Patriots Dolphins, Lions, & Texans), over his 14 NFL seasons with $38M in career earnings. I will remember him as 1 of the better players on some very poor Rams teams.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess not surprising

I would say that is surprising. They flat out have too many WR's.

The signing of Gage was a HUGE head scratcher especially at 3 years $30 million. Next years Tampa top 3 WR's are set to count $60M against the cap. That's crazy.

If Brady stays healthy, he is a lock to break the most passing attempts in a season this coming year. With Gronk leaving, Fornette coming in looking like the Stay Puft Marshmellow man and the addition of all these WR's, they might be looking to pass even more than they did last year.

But adding Julio is weird. They are going to have to dump Miller, or their 4th round pick from last year, their their 3rd round pick from 2 years ago or lose $1M in guaranteed money by dumping Perriman. And it might be 2 of those things. How many teams roster 7 WR's?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,891.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The signing of Gage was a HUGE head scratcher especially at 3 years $30 million. Next years Tampa top 3 WR's are set to count $60M against the cap. That's crazy.

If Brady stays healthy, he is a lock to break the most passing attempts in a season this coming year. With Gronk leaving, Fornette coming in looking like the Stay Puft Marshmellow man and the addition of all these WR's, they might be looking to pass even more than they did last year.

But adding Julio is weird. They are going to have to dump Miller, or their 4th round pick from last year, their their 3rd round pick from 2 years ago or lose $1M in guaranteed money by dumping Perriman. And it might be 2 of those things. How many teams roster 7 WR's?
Low risk, potentially high reward.

Godwin is recovering from a knee injury, no need to rush him back.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My point was a veteran with little interest going to Brady to try for a ring.

But, On the Football side of it I don't think it is too far fetched either. 1 year $6M is not much and they have $11M in cap space. Godwin may miss some time at the beginning of the year. Gage is not very good IMO. Brady has liked to throw to TEs in his career (often two TEs) and there is very little there IMO. So another receiving option would be good. I'm not sure Rudolph and/or Brate fill that role and it's not like they have a dynamic 3rd down back either - serviceable, yeah. Early in the year Julio is their #2 or at worst #3 but I think he is involved all year long (until hurt). For $6M on a team looking to win a SB it seems like a good move unless you think the Julio of last year is all that is left of him at this point. I don't think any of those guys you mentioned are going to be a loss if/when cut. They will likely keep 6 with #6 (and maybe #5) being a guy who can play STs.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,891.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Washington hurt. Gonna miss 6-10 weeks.

Gallup hurt and will miss the early portion of the season.

And Amari Cooper is on the Browns. Bet Dallas wishes they hadn't traded him now.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,891.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Receivers Dallas should consider signing for some depth after losing Washington:

Ty Hilton
Willie Snead
Will Fuller
Emmanuel Sanders
Cole Beasley

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Washington hurt. Gonna miss 6-10 weeks.

Gallup hurt and will miss the early portion of the season.

And Amari Cooper is on the Browns. Bet Dallas wishes they hadn't traded him now.

Tolbert will get his opportunity sooner than expected. The rest of their depth chart is underwhelming and largely unfamiliar to me. Vasher has some upside as a UDFA signing last year, both he and Fehoko bring some length to the position but whether or not they can get it done at this level is an early question mark.

They could use a vet addition at this point, wonder if they would revisit Beasley.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cooper Is hurt right now, but yeah, Dallas gonna miss him

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cooper Is hurt right now, but yeah, Dallas gonna miss him

Meh. When everyone is healthy, Gallup and Lamb moving forward should have been the primary WR's even with Cooper there.

Once Gallup is healthy, the Cowboys with him and Lamb still have a quality 1-2 punch.

It's actually funny how Washington being out is what is bringing this up. We are talking about a replacement level WR who was only brought in to take early reps while Dallas got the young guys ready. By week 14 Washington was going to be 4th or 5th on the depth chart. They will have zero problem finding a comparable replacement before the season starts just to fill the early role Washington was going to.

Dallas will be fine as long as Gallup comes back fine. It really tells you just how far they have come at fixing ACL's that Dallas was willing to give Gallup that big ass deal while he was recovering from that injury.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. When everyone is healthy, Gallup and Lamb moving forward should have been the primary WR's even with Cooper there.

Once Gallup is healthy, the Cowboys with him and Lamb still have a quality 1-2 punch.

It's actually funny how Washington being out is what is bringing this up. We are talking about a replacement level WR who was only brought in to take early reps while Dallas got the young guys ready. By week 14 Washington was going to be 4th or 5th on the depth chart. They will have zero problem finding a comparable replacement before the season starts just to fill the early role Washington was going to.

Dallas will be fine as long as Gallup comes back fine. It really tells you just how far they have come at fixing ACL's that Dallas was willing to give Gallup that big ass deal while he was recovering from that injury.
We’ll see. My opinion cooper is what made those others look good

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’ll see. My opinion cooper is what made those others look good
Definitely could be the case for most, I think Lamb can be a #1. Cooper is one of the best route runners in the NFL

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tolbert will get his opportunity sooner than expected. The rest of their depth chart is underwhelming and largely unfamiliar to me. Vasher has some upside as a UDFA signing last year, both he and Fehoko bring some length to the position but whether or not they can get it done at this level is an early question mark.

They could use a vet addition at this point, wonder if they would revisit Beasley.
Camp word is the young guys are looking very good, of course it's camp, so who really knows.

As for Beasley, while I'm good with him returning, he burned bridges, I doubt Dallas entertains him coming back.