• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free agency and trade thread

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do want to say once again that Tom Coughlin should have the record for the worst front office positions in the history of the league. The Jags having to VASTLY overpay talent still stems from the fiasco of his years with the Jags in the 2nd stint where the players literally got a note from the Player's Union telling the entire league to sign at your own risk when signing with the Jags.

It's also a mess of an organization and not a great city to live in, also one home game is played in London every year. A lot of factors go into the lack of interest in going there.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would’ve like to have seen the Dolphins sign a OLman today. I love the C Wilson signing and Teddy B is an upgrade at the #2 QB spot.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only one TE prospect I love outta this class, Isaiah Likely from Coastal Carolina. But he's going in the 2nd in most projections.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jags gonna do Jag things

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

n an Instagram post, Colin Kaepernick was seen working out with Tyler Lockett.​

It's notable a week after ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Kaepernick, unofficially blackballed by the NFL after his 2016 protests against police brutality, is "in the best shape of his life" and wants to return to the league. The workout with Lockett is noteworthy because Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll said in a 2020 interview that he regretted not signing Kaepernick in 2017. "The reason it wasn't the right fit is because I held him in such a high regard I didn't see him as a backup quarterback and I didn't want to put him in that situation with Russ," Carroll said in 2020. "It just didn't feel like it would fit right. That's the way I felt about it." Seattle, meanwhile, is without a viable starting quarterback after dealing Russell Wilson to the Broncos last week. Now 34 years old, Kaepernick could be a no-risk signing for a QB-needy team like the Seahawks in the coming months.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much cap space do the Jaguars even have? They signed Christian Kirk from the Cardinals, Brandon Scherff from the Commanders and now Zay Jones. Somewhere Trevor Lawrence is smiling right now

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's notable a week after ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Kaepernick, unofficially blackballed by the NFL after his 2016 protests against police brutality, is "in the best shape of his life" and wants to return to the league. The workout with Lockett is noteworthy because Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll said in a 2020 interview that he regretted not signing Kaepernick in 2017. "The reason it wasn't the right fit is because I held him in such a high regard I didn't see him as a backup quarterback and I didn't want to put him in that situation with Russ," Carroll said in 2020. "It just didn't feel like it would fit right. That's the way I felt about it." Seattle, meanwhile, is without a viable starting quarterback after dealing Russell Wilson to the Broncos last week. Now 34 years old, Kaepernick could be a no-risk signing for a QB-needy team like the Seahawks in the coming months.
That means absolutely nothing. Next

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also a mess of an organization and not a great city to live in, also one home game is played in London every year. A lot of factors go into the lack of interest in going there.
I believe the future plan is for the Jaguars to play 2 games in London in back-to-back weeks.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lock is better.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No-risk signing?

Not sure I agree with that.