• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2023 Draft Lottery thread

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cykxwntjrtya1.jpg

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s no chance the NHL is doing that to a franchise, sad as that sounds. They aren’t in the financial position to handle that.
But when someone gives a contract too big, the league is all over it.

Well, I mean when *some* teams do it.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But when someone gives a contract too big, the league is all over it.

Well, I mean when *some* teams do it.
That’s protecting the business (and owners) though. Which is what it’s all about. “Hey, we gave you this great CBA that keeps you all in the drivers seat, don’t start fucking it up”.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if we all started posting and touting another player, the Blackhawks might draft them instead.

Wow. William Whitelaw is turning some heads, better grab him fast!

Wow, that 5'2" 130lb winger looks great! Better get him before the Habs do at #5!

Last edited:

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets see how mr development Davidson screws this one up.

Easy path for Patrick Kane to come back, only problem being that Davidson does not want Dale Tallon being given any props if this team wins another cup.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How do these people not realize that the actual lottery was 15 minutes before the broadcast and the announcer is given the order so he can do his job? At worst, someone who knows the order is feeding it to him in his earpiece.

The lottery is not a shuffled deck of oversized cards. The broadcast is for show. When the cameras go on, the team reps already know the result. Connor knew the result. they would never in a million years allow a true live reaction shot. I pretty well knew the Jackets didn't have 1OA when they showed Jarmo and JD. They both looked annoyed.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is that we can all go back to hating the Blackhawks - What, we never stopped? Okay, carry on.
Until the scandal I was pretty ambivalent about them. More jealous than anything.

I guess west coast team fans might have more reason though.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, yes he should request a trade, but heavens no, not to the Leafs...

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How do these people not realize that the actual lottery was 15 minutes before the broadcast and the announcer is given the order so he can do his job? At worst, someone who knows the order is feeding it to him in his earpiece.

The lottery is not a shuffled deck of oversized cards. The broadcast is for show. When the cameras go on, the team reps already know the result. Connor knew the result. they would never in a million years allow a true live reaction shot. I pretty well knew the Jackets didn't have 1OA when they showed Jarmo and JD. They both looked annoyed.
Frak off with logic and facts man. Those have no place here

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

there is a growing list of these "expert" reporters butthurt that they were not in the know before the show, most likely because they could not be trusted to keep their fingers crossed.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the 2025 winter classic will be Chicago and whom?
And the 2026 stadium series too
Hopefully by then dollar bills kid will have pulled their games off local tv.

Also, one other thought . Personally if I’m Columbus I see if the ducks want #3 and the Kings first rounder. Blue Jackets need more Michigan in that town.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the 2025 winter classic will be Chicago and whom?
And the 2026 stadium series too
Hopefully by then dollar bills kid will have pulled their games off local tv.

Also, one other thought . Personally if I’m Columbus I see if the ducks want #3 and the Kings first rounder. Blue Jackets need more Michigan in that town.
Don't forget a draft and an All Star game.

I don't think it's worth a second first rounder to move up one spot. It seems the Jackets are absolutely dead even on Carlsson and Fantilli. Although I could make the argument that Carlsson will be ready sooner. Each one gives us something we need. No real wrong choice.

What REALLY needs to happen is Anaheim needs to realize that they are 2-3 years away still and that Michkov is worth the wait. Make Jarmo make a decision.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget a draft and an All Star game.

I don't think it's worth a second first rounder to move up one spot. It seems the Jackets are absolutely dead even on Carlsson and Fantilli. Although I could make the argument that Carlsson will be ready sooner. Each one gives us something we need. No real wrong choice.

What REALLY needs to happen is Anaheim needs to realize that they are 2-3 years away still and that Michkov is worth the wait. Make Jarmo make a decision.

MIchkov is the only player in this draft with similar upside to Bedard. If I'm a team that is a few years away I'd 100% take him. You bottom out for another year or two and then you have a 40 goal scorer come straight onto your team playing for ELC money.

Not sure the Ducks think they are that far away but it's not crazy.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they're that far off though, and with another top pick it gives them a big of leverage (along with their mountain of cap space) to try and build a d-core to be ready to compete by 2024-25 which lines up with getting Fantilli into the lineup.

But maybe they say eff it and go for Michkov anyway, think they can hold themselves down at C until then and still take steps forward which is completely possible, I think they'd be better off trading down and seeing what either MTL or SJ will offer them. Both have extra firsts and worst case is you wind up with Will Smith. That proposition slaps.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't realize the Ducks had such a stack on D as far as prospects go. Guess they are closer than I thought. Dammit.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting quandary question....

With the whole Sex Assault on 2017. Do the Hawks deserve the Can't miss prospect?