• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Flyers: What's new is old again.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had plenty of opportunities to tie and win this game. We didn't get there. I have said this before many times: I HATE THE DAMN RAGS!!! I hope the team takes out their frustration angst on Pissburgh!! Die, you cross-state jackasses!!
Every Ranger player is calling their agent right now telling them I hope we don’t see the Flyers in the playoffs. Can’t stand the Rags and they should thank god they win today.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the late shorthanded breakaway, I'm almost amazed that Sanheim took the shot instead of dropping it to Laughton, who probably would've put forth a great shot.
I was thinking something similar, Maverick. I started screamin' Drop it, Drop it!! Ended-up just sitting there in disbelief!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking something similar, Maverick. I started screamin' Drop it, Drop it!! Ended-up just sitting there in disbelief!
Yeah, I think Laughton is one of the best in the league at killing penalties and then transitioning that into offense at the other end. He only has one shortie this season, but he leads the team with 5 shorthanded assists (Sure enough, that leads the Nhl too). I would much rather see him with the breakaway than Sanheim. That game was there for the taking and we fell just short. No shame at all, really. The effort was there, start to finish.

Fortunately, the loss doesn't hurt us much either as the Caps, Isles and Canes all lost too.

I want this one against the Pens bad though. Our record in their building is outstanding and that needs to continue this afternoon. We have an opportunity to really put them in a bad spot as far as the playoffs are concerned. Stay aggressive and go at them full force. This game is HUGE.

Last edited:

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers #6 in Athletic prospect pool rankings.
Up 8 from last year.

#1 Michkov (potential brilliance)
#2 Bonk
#3 Brink
#4 Andrae
#5 Rizzo
#6 Desnoyers
#7 Kolosov G
#8 Barkey
#9 Ciernik
#10 Tuomaala
#11 Bjarnason
#12 Kaplan
#13 Grans
#14 Zavragin G
#15 Avon

Michkov a Tier I prospect.
Bonk and Brink Tier II.

I can't remember seeing this many foreign names in our system.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are we liking the blue “IBX” logos on the flyers jerseys. ?

You heard it here first that allowing this shit on sweaters was going to look like shit.
It's shit

I don't know what IBX is, but fuck them.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am simply stunned! After tying that cross-state total shit Pissburgh hockey team, we turn around and give-up a last minute goal to lose 6-7.
First off I myself am more stunned by the fact that Errson didn't get the start, he played lights out against the rags and I would of put him back out there because I know he was pissed. Players play their best when their angry.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers #6 in Athletic prospect pool rankings.
Up 8 from last year.

#1 Michkov (potential brilliance)
#2 Bonk
#3 Brink
#4 Andrae
#5 Rizzo
#6 Desnoyers
#7 Kolosov G
#8 Barkey
#9 Ciernik
#10 Tuomaala
#11 Bjarnason
#12 Kaplan
#13 Grans
#14 Zavragin G
#15 Avon

Michkov a Tier I prospect.
Bonk and Brink Tier II.

I can't remember seeing this many foreign names in our system.
Im surprised to see Tuomala so far down the list

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am simply stunned! After tying that cross-state total shit Pissburgh hockey team, we turn around and give-up a last minute goal to lose 6-7.
This game was a complete disaster. I'm not sure what was worse, the defense or the goaltending. Jarry stopped 71.4% of his shots against and won the game...LOL That's probably some kind of record. Interesting strategy for us to leave Crosby alone in our defensive zone and then also leave another player wide open to receive a pass from him.

It's going to be a dogfight now. We have some really desperate opponents coming up and if we don't match it, we're going to keep losing tight games.

Also, if Drysdale is out long term, we're starting to run short on defensemen here. I don't think we can afford to trade away Seeler or Walker and still make the playoffs.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off I myself am more stunned by the fact that Errson didn't get the start, he played lights out against the rags and I would of put him back out there because I know he was pissed. Players play their best when their angry.
I agree but why does Errsson have to play every game. Why cant that POS Petersen stop anything. How do you give up 7 soft goals. Cmon man !!:mad2:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but why does Errsson have to play every game. Why cant that POS Petersen stop anything. How do you give up 7 soft goals. Cmon man !!:mad2:
He shouldn't, but in this scenario I would have gave him the nod. Just because I would have wanted him to have a bounce back game and keep his confidence up, he is in the number 1 spot for now so he's got to get mentally tough.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about that fight with DesLaurier and Rempe. That was amazing and brought back old time hockey for at least one day.:fencing:

How about Captain Couts missing a wide open net with 3 seconds left costing us the point and maybe 2 against the Rags . :doh:

Crosby with another 4 points against us yesterday. Why cant we ever stop the other teams top player. :noidea:

We still have a 65.3% chance to make the playoffs and a 25% chance to make the 2nd round. Pretty good for a team that had a 3% chance to make the playoffs at the beginning of the season.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This kid needs to toughen up.
Be nice to have another big good player to put with Sanheim, so far a lot of our under sized players have been able to do well in the off season with a little mass adding. Hopefully Drysdale gets on that bus.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be nice to have another big good player to put with Sanheim, so far a lot of our under sized players have been able to do well in the off season with a little mass adding. Hopefully Drysdale gets on that bus.
We have to see at the deadline what picks we may receive and maybe we can either draft a good big Dman or trade an asset to get one.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to see at the deadline what picks we may receive and maybe we can either draft a good big Dman or trade an asset to get one.
Yep, so far I've been good with the way Briere and Jones have been handling things. I think they both know how to look at a player better then our old GM.