• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2023.04.23 Mets @ SFG

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
went to the Ws game today and briefly considered walking down the street to catch the Giants.

After that game, I just didn't have the energy. The most upsetting win I've ever seen.

Anyway, glad the lads split with the Mutts. Strip seems to be pitching his way off the roster.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up on Lon Simmons who was a gem. My favorite was Hank. Kruk/Kuip/Miller/Flem are amazing. We are truly lucky.

Of course I also grew up on the greatest NBA announcer of all time -- Bill King. The only announcer ever ejected from a game.

Legend.

Bill King was an amazing guy and although they, our local Legends, were homers to an extent, but when I listen to especially New York broadcaster they are almost as bad as small market insular extreme Homer broadcasts. I have heard our broadcasters loudly call things like Home runs for other teams in big moments of the game whereas I have heard those Homer broadcasts dejectedly, quietly, disdainfully call opponents homers and it's sad to hear those sort of amateur calls. I had not heard NY calls till about 20 years ago and I thought they would be sophisticated and call in a non-homer way.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
went to the Ws game today and briefly considered walking down the street to catch the Giants.

After that game, I just didn't have the energy. The most upsetting win I've ever seen.

Anyway, glad the lads split with the Mutts. Strip seems to be pitching his way off the roster.
Maybe FZ can swing a trade with the D-Backs - Stripling for Bumgarner. Make it a exchange bad contracts deal. And it would FZ say the team spent millions more than the current amount in 2023 so they can obfuscate their way to make it sound like they tried to build a good team with large amounts of money.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We can only hope...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill King was an amazing guy and although they, our local Legends, were homers to an extent, but when I listen to especially New York broadcaster they are almost as bad as small market insular extreme Homer broadcasts. I have heard our broadcasters loudly call things like Home runs for other teams in big moments of the game whereas I have heard those Homer broadcasts dejectedly, quietly, disdainfully call opponents homers and it's sad to hear those sort of amateur calls. I had not heard NY calls till about 20 years ago and I thought they would be sophisticated and call in a non-homer way.
Listening to local broadcasts on MLB app reveals how shitty most homer type announcers are. You'd think the phuking Yankass, with all their tradition and lore, would be professional but no. It's "A-Rod with an A-bomb!!!" and "YANKAAAAASSS WIN.....THEEEEEE YANKASSSSS....WIN!!"

It's amateur and deplorable.