• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have had our first game postponed: the Red Sox - Yankees game on Thursday has been postponed and rescheduled to Friday due to inclement weather

Arlington had an 80% chance of rain for Opening Day. Thank goodness for that roof.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Seattle now starting late.

With Ramirez exTribe extension it is cleared to me that we have to have our farm produce some stars. Think our best shot is via pitching
Their are other good teams on the way up
Have to make our bullets count
I think a difference maker will be how me make decisions between our own players. There will be times when we can improve by replacing a good player with a potentially better, or even great, player. For example, if Dunning and Hearn are good pitchers two years from now, but we have guys in AAA who have a chance to be great pitchers. Another example could be if Lowe is a good hitter, but a 1B at AAA shows great potential. Making the right decisions in those areas could mean the difference in being a playoff team or being one of the top 2 or 3 teams in baseball.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year's Spring Training thread had 27 pages. We're at 99 this year.
And that is with a much shorter ST this year. That makes it even more incredible.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year's Spring Training thread had 27 pages. We're at 99 this year.
Like the old man use to say... Info is deep and bs is cheap.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a difference maker will be how me make decisions between our own players. There will be times when we can improve by replacing a good player with a potentially better, or even great, player. For example, if Dunning and Hearn are good pitchers two years from now, but we have guys in AAA who have a chance to be great pitchers. Another example could be if Lowe is a good hitter, but a 1B at AAA shows great potential. Making the right decisions in those areas could mean the difference in being a playoff team or being one of the top 2 or 3 teams in baseball.
Well the AAA talent failed to show up last night.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't win 'em all.
Ha yes so they say. Looking at the box score and baseball Savant, they looked outclassed. Apostel lake of progress is frightening Bahr stunk it up. Believe this was the SD farm which think is good. Probably our SP is ok but the bats minus Smith and Wendzel may be about it
Maybe they need time to develop overall. Hope that is the case. Bubba seems to have a lot of swing and missed too

And this is the MILB level. So yeah let’s see a few more games

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha yes so they say. Looking at the box score and baseball Savant, they looked outclassed. Apostel lake of progress is frightening Bahr stunk it up. Believe this was the SD farm which think is good. Probably our SP is ok but the bats minus Smith and Wendzel may be about it
Maybe they need time to develop overall. Hope that is the case. Bubba seems to have a lot of swing and missed too

And this is the MILB level. So yeah let’s see a few more games
And the opposing starting pitcher had a poor year last year. If they face him 5 more times this year they may beat him every time.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arlington had an 80% chance of rain for Opening Day. Thank goodness for that roof.
Getting the roof has been considered to me a “no brainer” since all these 100 degree days happen at least 15-20 times a season where the temperature on the field is a very dangerous 105-110 degrees and don’t get me started on all the rain outs / rain delays.

Texas weather is way way too temperamental to build a baseball stadium outside when your schedule is 162 games long every year + playoffs. Whoever built the rangers old ballparks outside is a fool.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3