• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NHL Awards

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raymond’s linemates were Larkin and Bertuzzi. Don’t think he gets sympathy points for playing with two point per game players.

Bunting also played three fewer games.

I don’t really GAF about the Calder or awards in general but I’m sure it’s nice for the player who wins it and if Bunting is eligible, which he is under the rules at the moment, he was the best rookie this season and should win it.

LOL. Yeah, young Crosby is definitely on par with a guy who scored 60 goals and Bertuzzi is definitely in Marner's league. Totally a good argument.

Zegras was probably the best rookie but a 50 point RD on one of the league's worst teams is up there.

But yeah Michael "pigeon" Bunting was the best rookie. I love these takes!!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Yeah, young Crosby is definitely on par with a guy who scored 60 goals and Bertuzzi is definitely in Marner's league. Totally a good argument.

Zegras was probably the best rookie but a 50 point RD on one of the league's worst teams is up there.

But yeah Michael "pigeon" Bunting was the best rookie. I love these takes!!
You suggested Bunting's play was elevated by his linemates as if Raymond's wasn't. I cleared that up for ya champ. Didn't claim they were "on par" with anybody (or even mention any other players).

Also, defensively, Bunting was exceptional. I didn't watch much Red Wings hockey but from what I can gleam he wasn't exactly stellar in his own end. Considering the responsibility Bunting had in filling Hyman's role he did so fantastically and is getting well-earned credit for that.

He might not be the best of the bunch long-run but this season it was Bunting. Disagree if you want but that's hardly a far-out take or whatever you want to call it.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You suggested Bunting's play was elevated by his linemates as if Raymond's wasn't. I cleared that up for ya champ. Didn't claim they were "on par" with anybody (or even mention any other players).

Also, defensively, Bunting was exceptional. I didn't watch much Red Wings hockey but from what I can gleam he wasn't exactly stellar in his own end. Considering the responsibility Bunting had in filling Hyman's role he did so fantastically and is getting well-earned credit for that.

He might not be the best of the bunch long-run but this season it was Bunting. Disagree if you want but that's hardly a far-out take or whatever you want to call it.

Again moving the goal posts. Good players play with good players. Bunting played with two top 10 forwards.

Raymond played with two guys who, despite your delusions, weren't even PPG guys.

Bunting played great this year but he wasn't the best rookie. And he likely wasn't one of the three best.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again moving the goal posts. Good players play with good players. Bunting played with two top 10 forwards.

Raymond played with two guys who, despite your delusions, weren't even PPG guys.

Bunting played great this year but he wasn't the best rookie. And he likely wasn't one of the three best.
Whiskers off of PPG. And both scored at 35 goal paces. Yeah, fuckin bums those guys lol

No idea what goalpost I'm moving here - that I mentioned his defensive play? Is the Calder an offensive award?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is nominated for best player sleeping with his kid's babysitter and/or nanny?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiskers off of PPG. And both scored at 35 goal paces. Yeah, fuckin bums those guys lol

No idea what goalpost I'm moving here - that I mentioned his defensive play? Is the Calder an offensive award?

Again, never said they were bums but they are several tiers below players like Matthews and Marner.

That was the point. As per usual you missed, or ignored, that point. And instead spouted falsehoods. Well done.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah? Well McJesus should be penalized for playing 49 minutes per game
You beat me to it.

Like OV who shoots too much, McDavid plays too much to deserve to be considered "good".

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, never said they were bums but they are several tiers below players like Matthews and Marner.

That was the point. As per usual you missed, or ignored, that point. And instead spouted falsehoods. Well done.
And I never disagreed. Nor did I “spout” falsehoods. You just don’t like the truth because it means your dumb argument about Bunting being undeserving of the award, or even nomination, doesn’t fly.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I never disagreed. Nor did I “spout” falsehoods. You just don’t like the truth because it means your dumb argument about Bunting being undeserving of the award, or even nomination, doesn’t fly.

So which one of Larking and Bertuzzi was a PPG player? I'll accept in any year in their career if you want. Neither.

Were you lying or ignorant? Take your pick.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So which one of Larking and Bertuzzi was a PPG player? I'll accept in any year in their career if you want. Neither.

Were you lying or ignorant? Take your pick.
Larkin had 69 pts in 71 games. Bertuzzi had 62 in 68.

Congrats, they’re a pubic hair off of PPG players.

Are you like this in real life lol

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larkin had 69 pts in 71 games. Bertuzzi had 62 in 68.

Congrats, they’re a pubic hair off of PPG players.

Are you like this in real life lol

Would you equate playing with Larkin and Tyler Bertuzzi to playing with Matthews and Marner in real life? LOL. I would not even expect that from the most homerish of Wings fans, but here we are.

And yes when people are dumbasses in real life I call them on it.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
simpsons-leaving.gif

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is nominated for best player sleeping with his kid's babysitter and/or nanny?
You mean the annual Jeff Carter award, I thought he won that every year?