• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 New Head Coach - Candidates and Favorites

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The list is up to 8 right now.
To have them all in one place, here is the list according to the DPO:
Confirmed by league sources, the Broncos filed paperwork Monday with the NFL office to interview Green Bay offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett, Kansas City offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy, Philadelphia defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon, Detroit defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn, New England inside linebackers coach Jerod Mayo, Los Angeles Rams offensive coordinator Kevin O’Connell and Dallas offensive coordinator Kellen Moore and defensive coordinator Dan Quinn.

Because the Packers have a first-round playoff bye, Hackett is eligible to conduct interviews this week and is already scheduled to visit with Jacksonville and Glenn can be interviewed because his season is over. The other six coaches, if they choose, can meet with the Broncos on Sunday (Mayo), Monday (Bieniemy, Gannon, Moore and Quinn) and next Tuesday (O’Connell) after their teams’ first-round playoff games, win or lose.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda neat for me to see Jerod Mayo and Aaron Glenn as 2 of the 8 were have reached out to so far. I doubt either gets the job but good to see them get some exposure and some experience in interviewing for it. Aaron Glenn was one of my fav DB's in one of the first drafts I watched as a kid. Mayo I was a big fan of at Tennessee then he went to the Patriots and while I rooted for him I never rooted for his team. ;)

The list is up to 8 right now.
Being a Wildcat alumnus I had the same feelings about Rob Gronkowski and Tedy Bruschi....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think whatever coach takes over will be well aware of who is running the show. You know the guy who has drafted more Pro Bowlers then anyone else over the span of X amount of years.
No argument about your point but more important question may be, how many Super Bowls has he won? Great to have 22 Pro Bowlers on a team. Sucks not making the playoffs. Most often, the coach gets fired, not the GM.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're taking a poll, my choices would be either O'Çonnell or Quinn. I think O'Çonnell might be able toget a lot more out of Lock than he's shown. Fangio was a defensive mind as is Quinn and in my opinion, the Broncos need someone more mentally attuned to the offense or they won't change muchunless the new coach has great OC in his pocket.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hi George

also looking at GB passing game coordinator.

know anything about him?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally don't want an offensive or defensive mind.. I think everyone gets caught up into your coach has to be an offensive or defensive mind, most likely because most are on or another.

I want a leader of men.

Which is why I probably have Jerod Mayo and Aaron Glenn higher than most will have them on their list. I don't think either will get the job though. Most would be unhappy because Glenn's D with Lions was ranked #31 but he had NOTHING there to support him. Most would be unhappy because Mayo is from the Patriots "coaching tree", they are leaders... I think in today's NFL that is really what you look for more then anything... Coaches who are respected, leaders and players will run through a brick wall for then surround them with good coordinators. That's really a recipe for success in the NFL today, IMO. Find a good leader to lead and find good coordinators.

I think this is why you see guys like Mike Martz fail so often in the NFL... Guy is an offensive genius but he is a stick in the mud jerk and players don't run through a brick wall for him as a Head Coach but he calls a nice play down on the field.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its Dan Quinn unless someone else blows Georgie away interview wise,

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its Dan Quinn unless someone else blows Georgie away interview wise,

What are you basing this off of? Vegas odds?

Packers passing game coordinator, Luke Getsy added to the list of interviewees.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I sent to my good friends Springer, LGM and OC today (Even if they hate me I love them)

I am indifferent and have no strong opinion on our next coach not does my opinon matter anyway. I trust Paton. I feel as a fan I can have a strong input on player evaluations but really have no clue what a guy will be like as a head coach without knowing them from a personal basis but it is still fun to have an opinion. I am not overly high or low on any. I thought the Eagles HC came off as a doofus last year in his press conference and so far he has been successful. We have seen too many "good" coordinators fail in the nfl so I have sorta given up thinking that is going to happen but enough have succeeded to give me hope. I am keeping an open mind and trusting the guy I trust the most right now in Paton but also realizing he is human and not even he can pull a rabbit out of the hat and guarantee we hit big.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just expecting Quinn is all. I trust Paton his list is alot better vs Elway in HC searches. I'll roll with whoever it is.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The list of interviews Paton has scheduled is ever expanding. He’s doing a good job so far, but if the best candidate he can come up with is Quinn, I will start having serious doubts about his judgement…

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize Brian Flores got fired - he jumps to the top of my list of guys to check on.

I heard that Paton is going to ask each interviewee what their plan would be at QB for the long term.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if some of these interviews have a dual purpose. Could some of the position coaches also be interviewed for OC/DC positions.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if some of these interviews have a dual purpose. Could some of the position coaches also be interviewed for OC/DC positions.
Waste not want not. :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting that Paton - has fired a few coaches, but not all of them - and has announced none of the remaining coaching staff will be considered for the HC job. Interviewees have to figure out if Paton is communicating which coaches, he wants retained. It also looks like Paton is going to get intel on all the rest of the teams in the league.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize Brian Flores got fired - he jumps to the top of my list of guys to check on.

I heard that Paton is going to ask each interviewee what their plan would be at QB for the long term.
He wanted full power in MIA. Wanted the GM fired. He sounds like a copy of Joshy 2009

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me Quinn HC
Mayo DC
Getsy OC

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree while Flores was a surprise fire, he and management/ownership did not see eye to eye... and knowing the way Miami operates I don't hold that against Flores.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like no interview with Doug Pederson and we may stop with the 9 we have contacted (at least for now) and go from there.