• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 New Head Coach - Candidates and Favorites

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to nfl.com, here are candidates that Broncos have requested permission to interview:
  • Eric Bieniemy, Chiefs offensive coordinator
  • Nathaniel Hackett, Packers offensive coordinator
  • Jerod Mayo, Patriots inside linebackers coach
  • Kellen Moore, Cowboys offensive coordinator
  • Dan Quinn, Cowboys defensive coordinator
Paton sent Fangio off with the comment that Fangio was the best coach he has ever been around. These guys don't have an insurmountable bar to clear.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paton sent Fangio off with the comment that Fangio was the best coach he has ever been around. These guys don't have an insurmountable bar to clear.
Maybe he misspoke. He meant to say:
“vic Fangio was the best defensive coordinator I’ve ever been around.”

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I am leaning towards hiring an offensive minded HC and then shoot for a strong DC. Someone like Zimmer. Not sure how much influence Paton would have on the coordinators. He may just let them pick their own staff. I like a lot of the guys mentioned, though. Both offensive and defensive minded. I wouldn't mind someone with prior experience, especially with playoff success, but I wouldn't be mad at all if we went with a first timer.

Of the 5 Springer mentioned, I think I would rank them...

Quinn
Bieniemy (Quinn by a hair over him. I was a fan of his when he was in college.)
Hackett
Moore (Moore and Hackett are close)
Mayo

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he misspoke. He meant to say:
“vic Fangio was the best defensive coordinator I’ve ever been around.”

I do believe that’s what he meant. Best as far as expertise on his side of the ball. Otherwise that statement was coo-coo for Cocoa Puffs.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I am leaning towards hiring an offensive minded HC and then shoot for a strong DC. Someone like Zimmer. Not sure how much influence Paton would have on the coordinators. He may just let them pick their own staff. I like a lot of the guys mentioned, though. Both offensive and defensive minded. I wouldn't mind someone with prior experience, especially with playoff success, but I wouldn't be mad at all if we went with a first timer.

Of the 5 Springer mentioned, I think I would rank them...

Quinn
Bieniemy (Quinn by a hair over him. I was a fan of his when he was in college.)
Hackett
Moore (Moore and Hackett are close)
Mayo
Mine would be: -
Hackett (for obvious reasons) But in case anyone didn't notice - pre- Rodgers when he was OC with Jax, took them to AFC final with Bortles as starting QB
Moore - young aggressive, offensive minded. Former QB hope he could help develop one
Quinn - personally not wanting our 4th defensive coach of the past 5 hires
Mayo - still not sold on the BB tree
Bienemy - I'm not a fan of taking an OC who doesn't call plays and making him a HC - and also his numerous run ins with the law will be brought up over and over.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said I prefer anoffenive minded coach, but if we did look at D, I'd put Todd Bowles up there high on the list. A smart guy and hard worker and his time with the Jets doesn't look nearly as bad as the dumpster fire they have been since he left.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin O’connell OC for Rams

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Aaron Glenn DC of the Lions to the list.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top two currently are Hackett and Moore.

If I had to pick a retread, I would go with Doug Pederson. I know he left the Eagles in a mess but there was something about him that just looked like good football to me. Winning a Super Bowl is no small task.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One day after firing the coach and the list of interviews already seems twice as long as our last search was in its entirety.

Paton really putting in the work to talk with a wide variety of coaches. Coordinators, position coaches, lotta younger guys with not much HC experience. Interesting approach so far.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regards to Peterson...

A lot of the issues in Philly was their cap, iirc. I don't think Peterson was involved too much with those decisions there, nor do I think he would be here. And Paton looks like he can be trusted to make sure it doesn't happen here.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paton has made great choices up to this point. He is very calculated and knows what he wants.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some guys won't take the job if they can't pick their own players. Nothing worse than trying to cook a five star dinner when you can't select the menu items. Everyone biyches about your cooking. Tough to make twice baked potatoes from frozen French Fries.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think whatever coach takes over will be well aware of who is running the show. You know the guy who has drafted more Pro Bowlers then anyone else over the span of X amount of years.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paton maybe makes the final decisions on the roster but I believe he gets a lot of input from the coaching staff. The HC will not have final say on the roster, but will have plenty of input.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda neat for me to see Jerod Mayo and Aaron Glenn as 2 of the 8 were have reached out to so far. I doubt either gets the job but good to see them get some exposure and some experience in interviewing for it. Aaron Glenn was one of my fav DB's in one of the first drafts I watched as a kid. Mayo I was a big fan of at Tennessee then he went to the Patriots and while I rooted for him I never rooted for his team. ;)

The list is up to 8 right now.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One day after firing the coach and the list of interviews already seems twice as long as our last search was in its entirety.

Paton really putting in the work to talk with a wide variety of coaches. Coordinators, position coaches, lotta younger guys with not much HC experience. Interesting approach so far.
And I love that approach. He’s willing to put in the work and doesn’t appear to go into it with any preconceived ideas.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some guys won't take the job if they can't pick their own players. Nothing worse than trying to cook a five star dinner when you can't select the menu items. Everyone biyches about your cooking. Tough to make twice baked potatoes from frozen French Fries.
Is that really you, Coach Parcells?